Mac Jones at 23

Philc1

12 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

They're way off on just about everything. He moves good in the Pocket as well keeping his eyes down field while doing so. Also the WCO does not need an overly powerful arm (ask Joe Montana) you need to get the ball out quick and make good decisions and Mac Jones fits that bill perfectly. Getting the ball out in time beats a strong arm every time.

If the Texans want too much for Watson I say we move on, Trade the number 2 pick, get a draft haul and surround a kid like Mac Jones with fast skill players that fit in WCO and have Darnold and Jones compete for the Job. That or trade Darnold for another 2nd . 

I would much rather build a solid team from the ground up than have a QB like Watson surrounded by a half assed cast of characters because we traded all our picks. Do we want to be the Houston Texans of the last 4 years ?

You better not trade too far because I could easily see him going as early as 8 to Carolina 

On 1/28/2021 at 4:27 PM, Philc1 said:

Killed it at the senior bowl.  Senior Bowl is a good predictor (Cutler, Wentz, Allen, Herbert) of pro success

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/platform/amp/2021/1/28/22254314/jumbo-package-saban-finishes-filling-out-his-staff-mac-jones-shines-at-senior-bowl

Killed it in your link where but didn't move the needle in another link.

The quarterback group didn’t generate very much excitement, and that includes Alabama star Mac Jones. That’s not to say Jones didn’t practice well. He did. It just wasn’t enough to change many people’s minds on him, good or bad. One scout I talked to said, “I think he’s just a guy,” while another called him “O.K.” I’m not positive Jones will go in the first round. We’ll see. He might. I just don’t have conviction on it after this week. Texas A&M’s Kellen Mond showed enough that one evaluator called him, “an intriguing developmental guy.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/02/01/mmqb-super-bowl-week-matthew-stafford-trade-negotiations-los-angeles-rams

8 minutes ago, prime21 said:

The quarterback group didn’t generate very much excitement, and that includes Alabama star Mac Jones. That’s not to say Jones didn’t practice well. He did. It just wasn’t enough to change many people’s minds on him, good or bad. One scout I talked to said, “I think he’s just a guy,” while another called him “O.K.” I’m not positive Jones will go in the first round. We’ll see. He might. I just don’t have conviction on it after this week. Texas A&M’s Kellen Mond showed enough that one evaluator called him, “an intriguing developmental guy.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/02/01/mmqb-super-bowl-week-matthew-stafford-trade-negotiations-los-angeles-rams

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

Because he didn’t get to play in the actual game itself due to an ankle injury

• 10 months later...
On 1/30/2021 at 8:59 AM, Jetster said:

Let's hope the Pats take Mac Jones so we can chase him around while he's lumbering around like a sloth getting sacked again! 

Pats had the mobile Cam last year, put Jones behind that Oline with an ancient Edelman, no Thuney, and our revamped Defense...yes please! 

?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/30/2021 at 8:59 AM, Jetster said:

Let's hope the Pats take Mac Jones so we can chase him around while he's lumbering around like a sloth getting sacked again! 

Pats had the mobile Cam last year, put Jones behind that Oline with an ancient Edelman, no Thuney, and our revamped Defense...yes please! 

This one aged well.

• Haha 2

On 1/28/2021 at 5:10 PM, HighPitch said:

My gut tells me mac jones will wind up being the best qb of this draft class

On 1/28/2021 at 5:14 PM, 32EBoozer said:

Pats #15

On 1/28/2021 at 6:47 PM, Paradis said:

Mac Jones goes top 10, maybe even top 5 in 2000.... he's underrated as a plug and play option. 

He won't take your broken roster to the promised land, but he's significantly underappreciated as a plug play, run your offense, and get the best out of your playmakers - QB

On 1/30/2021 at 11:06 AM, Nixhead said:

He sounds like Tom Brady coming out - not mobile, workouts won't be great, smartest QB in draft. You know he's gonna be a Pat!

On 1/31/2021 at 1:49 PM, JetBlue said:

I don't think he makes it past the Patriots.   Either we take a QB at 2, trade back a few spots and take one or we are not taking one at all (unless it is another back up high ceiling type in the later rounds).   Just our luck he goes to NE and becomes a poor mans Brady. 

Surprised Owl GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

This one aged well.

Haven't you heard? That Pats OL we were all making fun of last year is now elite and responsible for Mac crushing it despite his top 2 WRs being UDFAs.

This is when the Mac haters point out that the Pats brought in a center (now playing RG) on a 1 year, $3M deal in the off season and a bunch of reserve OLman most of which aren't even listed on the depth chart.

• Haha 2

On 1/28/2021 at 6:47 PM, Paradis said:

Mac Jones goes top 10, maybe even top 5 in 2000.... he's underrated as a plug and play option. 

He won't take your broken roster to the promised land, but he's significantly underappreciated as a plug play, run your offense, and get the best out of your playmakers - QB

He's the ultimate QB manager.  The better teams will smash him.

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Haven't you heard? Because Mac is kicking ass that Pats OL we were all making fun of last year is now elite.

This is when the haters point out that the Pats brought in a center (now playing RG) for $3M in the off season and a bunch of reserve OLs most of which aren't even listed on the depth chart.

And now they “never liked” the same Jet FA WR’s they were calling game changers back in August.
We went from “finally having so many weapons we shouldn’t pay Crowder” to “no QB would look good here” in the time it takes to hit a RBs big toe with a screen pass.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

And now they “never liked” the same Jet FA WR’s they were calling game changers back in August.
We went from “finally having so many weapons we shouldn’t pay Crowder” to “no QB would look good here” in the time it takes to hit a RBs big toe with a screen pass.

Fans who constantly trash our weaponz, OL, coaches, front office, ownership and fellow posters -- totalling hundreds of people -- honestly think they are the positive ones because they do it to defend Zach Wilson.

It's absolutely bonkers.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1