McGinn- offensive line

Firstly this is a great read. 

The Jets have been linked with AVT, Humphrey and Jenkins. Whats most interesting about this is they all play different positions.

With AVT you see in multiple places hes going to be a Pro Bowl guard. With Jenkins "He prob can play RT". I would love to draft him but you probably want to hear about a-lot more upside then "He prob could play a position". 

Side Note- Many of these players have short arms this year. People want 34 but only a few have it. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

I figure if I keep saying it, maybe it will come true:  Jenkins at 23 and Creed at 34...

:-)

Jenkins may not be there at 23 even if the Jets are inclined to take him, and JD may be happy enough with McGovern to not take a C.

I would love that but I have read the Jets current pieces may do better in this scheme ie Fant will be much better suited for RT in this scheme.  Do we really think we need to 2 starter OL from this draft or do we think we only need 1?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hmhertz said:

“The depth of the tackle group is better than the top end of it. The best value is 20 to 40; the guy you get at 36 won’t be much different than the guy you get at 21. It’s a deep group.”

I’ve been saying this for a little while. There’s a large group of 2nd/3rd tier offensive linemen from which the Jets can choose. The specific guy they want will depend on a variety of factors including his movement skills and fit for the outside zone rushing scheme. Positional flexibility would be a big help to. wouldn’t mind a guy at 34 who can play RG this year and transition to RT next year.

"The best value is 20 to 40; the guy you get at 36 won’t be much different than the guy you get at 21."

That at least bodes well for the Jets... If 1 of the top rated OL are not there @ 23 they can draft the best CB/Edge on the board & still draft a quality OL @ 34.   

Prepare your self for very mixed opinions whoever Jets go for OL. 

it seems with such great depth and the weird 2020 season plus injury history = a class that is very all over the place in terms of perceived value. 

unless we get Vera-Tucker or Jenkins, there will be little consensus on value. Which is fine - all about how they play. 

12 hours ago, AlexVanDyke said:

I would love that but I have read the Jets current pieces may do better in this scheme ie Fant will be much better suited for RT in this scheme.  Do we really think we need to 2 starter OL from this draft or do we think we only need 1?

JD might very well be satisfied with Fant and McGovern for now, but I hope he's not. I really hope he takes two OL in the first three rounds. There were also lots of injuries along the line last year, so depth is needed, not just 2 new starters.