2022 Draft Thread

derp

21 hours ago, Paradis said:

Both A&M TEs will be a hard follow,

both are well behind OSU's Jeremy Ruckert imo

The Washington dude isn’t too bad either. Think he emerges. Not awesome but looks like a better version of Long from this year.

Here I am thinking they should’ve drafted OC, TE, EDGE and all look strong.

I know there’s a lot of mouths to feed there and Rucker’s skilled but the dude’s going to need to turn that into production to be more than a mid round hope he can produce if used guy. Counting stats are overrated but his market share isn’t good either.

Love isiah spiller next year, although we wont have a need

Also, I have said this this year and ill say it again.  Mike Woods.  He prob wont end up some super high profile guy, but he's tough, has good speed, bigger body, and really really good hands.  Excited to see what he can do at Oklahoma this year instead of being relegated to a deep threat in Arkansas. 

I havent really started looking at many other guys, these were guys I looked at this year so I'll have to put out another more comprehensive list after I go through some of the games 

• Upvote 2

On 5/2/2021 at 3:47 PM, derp said:

The Washington dude isn’t too bad either. Think he emerges. Not awesome but looks like a better version of Long from this year.

Here I am thinking they should’ve drafted OC, TE, EDGE and all look strong.

I know there’s a lot of mouths to feed there and Rucker’s skilled but the dude’s going to need to turn that into production to be more than a mid round hope he can produce if used guy. Counting stats are overrated but his market share isn’t good either.

I’m not super familiar with the nuances of OSU’s offense, but I know it’s not be known recently to lean on TEs heavily. Sharing time with Farrell(?) didn’t help. But Ruckert popped last year and made huge plays in the sugar. 

I think you’ll find he’ll be a hot name next winter. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I’m not super familiar with the nuances of OSU’s offense, but I know it’s not be known recently to lean on TEs heavily. Sharing time with Farrell(?) didn’t help. But Ruckert popped last year and made huge plays in the sugar. 

Not telling me anything I don't know my friend. Definitely highly talented and I know the offense hasn't done him any favors. Just saying he actually needs to take that step production wise in order to be considered a top draft prospect.

I'd almost rather he doesn't and hope the Jets can target him in the round 3-4 range instead of the first. The NFL is so flawed when it comes to drafting tight ends - not unrelated to why I'm saying that Ruckert needs to produce in order to be considered an early round tight end prospect.

• Upvote 1

I don’t think they’ll do it or he’ll be in range. And not sure how his season goes.

But with Evan Neal potentially in this draft class, the Jets could be running outside zone with two athletic 6’7, 360+ tackles.

14 hours ago, Paradis said:

Effortlessly catching one handers is pretty nice. Just very natural receiver. I was surprised that he didn't have as much production, but reasons you mentioned explain it. Plus with Olave and Wilson being more primary options in the system doesn't help.

• Upvote 1

On 5/2/2021 at 7:08 AM, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Justyn Ross (while looking at Ajou Ajou from afar) 

Zach Harrison. 

Jo-Jo probably won’t declare for a couple more years.  He’s still a work in progress.   Physically he’s there but he makes WAY too many mental errors.   He either runs the wrong route or doesn’t make the right decision on option routes.  

It’s going to be a deep WR room if everyone is healthy this year.  Last year they were hit hard with injuries.   Hopefully Ross is cleared for full contact for fall camp.   Ross, Ladson and Ngata should command a lot of the targets this year.   

People tend to associate Clemson with the bigger 6’ plus receivers but they have quietly produced some really good slot receivers as well.  Adam Humphries, Hunter Renfrow, Amari Rodgers....the next one could be Troy Stellato, a true freshman.  I’m anxious to see him and another true freshman Beaux Collins this fall.  

I’ve missed my annual spring ball trips the last two years but I’ll once again have “access” to practices this fall.   Going to make a trip in August, will be good to back down there and talk to a bunch of people again.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 5/9/2021 at 12:57 AM, jetstream23 said:

What has convinced you about a guy with only 28 catches in 32 games?

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/roster/jeremy-ruckert/

2026370056_ScreenShot2021-05-08at9_58_17PM.thumb.png.30b8796a00c9940e1116ba31b83ee815.png

hasnt had the production necessarily, but you can see even with limited production he had a good TD production. 5 tds on 13 rec.  but also he popped to me watching OSU down the stretch.. I saw a big guy who moved well and could be a nice target over the middle of the field.  Thought he looked good in space and caught the ball well.  I think he'll show a lot more this year too. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/9/2021 at 12:57 AM, jetstream23 said:

What has convinced you about a guy with only 28 catches in 32 games?

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/roster/jeremy-ruckert/

2026370056_ScreenShot2021-05-08at9_58_17PM.thumb.png.30b8796a00c9940e1116ba31b83ee815.png

Ruckert is more potential than production but his game is very fluid. He has the protypical size, athletic skills, and receiving ability to be a good NFL tight end. His problem isn't that he can't get open, it's that their system seems to prioritize their receivers (Olave, KJ Hill, and Wilson) over tight ends. Plus he was competing for snaps with Luke Farrell for whatever reason.

I'd say if he came out this year, he'd be a better prospect than everyone except for Kyle Pitts easily.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

image.png.091469bf8148d4a69ce89ce6d1f3bbef.png

My favorite NCAA WR heading into 2021-2022. 

Kid is a freak of nature type WR. 

Tore his ACL in spring practice.  Chance he may return towards the end of the season, but we really could have used him week 1 against Clemson.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Damn. Thnx Lith. I had no idea. 

So you're telling me he won't be ready week 1?

Definitely will not be ready week 1.  There is some speculation that he may be available towards the end of the season.  Injury was in late March, so he could be cleared in 8 months, which is still an aggressive timeline.  And even if he is cleared, he may choose to sit out and get ready for the draft.  I am skeptical that we will see him at all this season.

9 hours ago, Lith said:

Definitely will not be ready week 1.  There is some speculation that he may be available towards the end of the season.  Injury was in late March, so he could be cleared in 8 months, which is still an aggressive timeline.  And even if he is cleared, he may choose to sit out and get ready for the draft.  I am skeptical that we will see him at all this season.

Maybe Gilbert coming in softens the blow.  Heard he’s playing WR and TE now - if he’s eligible.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

Maybe Gilbert coming in softens the blow.  Heard he’s playing WR and TE now - if he’s eligible.

We have some depth there this year.  Jermaine Burton, Dominick Blaylock, Kearris Jackson returning.  Freshman Adonay Mitchell could be a good one.  Plus some good TEs -- Darnell Washington and freshman Brock Bowers, Plus Gilbert if we can get him eligible.  We have some nice weapons without Pickens, but we woudl be that much better with him.

On 6/2/2021 at 10:04 AM, Lith said:

Damn man. He was my favorite WR heading in. Can't believe he tore his ACL ;-( 

Now, kind of makes me not want to touch him come draft day. Unless he drops into the 3rd or 4th rounds etc

(a Hamsah Nasirildeen of my FSU type situation who dropped from once 1st to the 6th).

Bummer. 

Chris Olave of Ohio State now becomes my (early) favorite WR prospect. 

As a Sophomore (2019) and Junior (2020) he was an awesome weapon for Justin Fields and during only 20 games combined (because of Covid-19 pandemic) he's combined for 98 receptions for 1,569 receiving yards and 19 TD receptions. 

That's an average of 4.9 receptions for 78.4 receiving yards and damn near 1 TD reception per game (throughout the past 2 seasons). 

Can't wait to see what this kid can do during his Senior Year within a full NCAA schedule. 

I know we've got Corey Davis (26 years old) but a future WR trio for ZACH WILSON of...

Denzel Mims (23) and Chris Olave (20) on the outside with Elijah Moore (21) working out of the slot is downright, unimaginable for me.