Jump to content

Recommended Posts

It’s the time of the year when all Jets fans are flat out giddy.  Let’s face it it happens every year.  Last year Jet Nation were drooling over the amazing finish of the 2019 season.  Joe Douglas was the new sheriff in town and his draft was going to turn it all around.  The coach (and I use that term loosely) and GM were finally on the same page.  So what went wrong?  Well, everything.  The coach, as many of us suspected, was a complete fraud and, whether we like it or not, Douglas didn’t exactly light it up last year.

So we’re off to another ‘hit the reset button’ season.  New coach(es), new systems, new QB, hopeful rookies and free agents all have us feeling giddy again.  Is every(any)thing really much different?  Everyone is now saying ‘it feels different” this time.  Here’s what I think is different.

  • Adam’s Gaze will no longer be on the sidelines and that alone makes it feel different.  As is often the case, the team hired the opposite personality to replace the schmuck.  Saleh is an inherently likable guy.  You can’t help but like, admire and root for him.  The exact opposite of Gaze.  That alone is giddy-worthy.
  • For the first time since they bought the team it appears the Johnsons are no longer involved in critical decisions.  The adults are running the show.  That is also giddy-worthy.
  • Several of the broken parts of the team (e.g., OL, pass rush, receivers) have been at least partially fixed.  More work needs to be done for sure but it appears games will no longer be cringe-worthy by watching an OL functioning as a sieve, receivers who couldn’t make the Wagner College football team and opposing QB’s having a cup of coffee and an donut while waiting for their receivers to get open.
  • No longer will we have to suffer from “Darnold to Gore” handoffs on first, second and sometimes third down.  That’s a double dose of giddy!

Many on this board are saying they don’t care what the record will be as long as they show progress and a foundation.  That’s actually true but let’s see how they feel if the team starts 1-4.  For now, however, I’m revellng in giddiness.  Check back in six months.

 

757B9A84-3472-4584-8FD0-EF20ACD80A5A.gif

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Wins don’t matter sounds nice, but that’s not reality.  If this team is 1-16, it will be declared a disaster and rightfully so

I agree with both sentiments. Dreams of 8-9 are delusional with so many new personnel, staff and scheme implementation on both sides of the ball. That said 

2-3 heading into the week 6 Bye would be encouraging but 1-4 is what I would expect. Having been the lowest scoring team in the NFL last season at a miserable average of 15 pats/gm placed a great deal of pressure on the defense (short fields). 
Jets offense: 3rd down % = 31st

                          TOP = 30th (28 min)

                          Plays p/g = 31st  (59/GM)

JetsDefense: 3rd down % = 22nd ( 5.5)

.                         YPG = 24th (384)

                          3 & out % = 1st (38.7%) go Jets!

If Fantasy Islands wish comes true I can see our Defense becoming top 15 and our Offense becoming top 20 as each side of the football helps the other.

Hopefully solving Detroit Reds concerns regarding wins.

10 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Hoping to see time of possession go up more.

 

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I agree with both sentiments. Dreams of 8-9 are delusional with so many new personnel, staff and scheme implementation on both sides of the ball.

giphy.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Wins don’t matter sounds nice, but that’s not reality.  If this team is 1-16, it will be declared a disaster and rightfully so

No way this team is 1-16, or even close to that.

Although the Jets won 2 games last year, in reality they should have won 4.  

The schedule is much easier this year, and the only games I can't see us winning are the ones against Buffalo and Tampa Bay.  Everything else is at least possible. 

I don't want to make my prediction yet for the season, but I will say that the floor is 5 wins, and the ceiling is 11 wins.  I know there is a big gaping hole there, but I need to see more before I commit.

if the Jets gets 5 wins this year, the season is a failure.  Anything better than 7 wins is a win for the organization.  7 wins is like kissing your sister; nothing to get excited about.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alka said:

No way this team is 1-16, or even close to that.

Although the Jets won 2 games last year, in reality they should have won 4.  

The schedule is much easier this year, and the only games I can't see us winning are the ones against Buffalo and Tampa Bay.  Everything else is at least possible. 

I don't want to make my prediction yet for the season, but I will say that the floor is 5 wins, and the ceiling is 11 wins.  I know there is a big gaping hole there, but I need to see more before I commit.

if the Jets gets 5 wins this year, the season is a failure.  Anything better than 7 wins is a win for the organization.  7 wins is like kissing your sister; nothing to get excited about.

I agree.  I just don’t understand how people say wins don’t matter.  I think 4 is the worst case scenario 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

I agree.  I just don’t understand how people say wins don’t matter.  I think 4 is the worst case scenario 

I think you are protecting yourself at 4 wins.  Don't forget we play Houston, the Bengals, Denver, Carolina and the Jaguars.  I don't expect the Jets to lose all 5 games in the division, but unfortunately I can see us going 1-5. Atlanta, Saints without Drew Brees, I can't get excited about Tennessee or the Colts.

We should go 3-2 at least against the first 5 teams I mentioned, we should win at least 1 division game, and at least 1-3 against the last 4 teams I mentioned.  

And if we go 2-3 against the 5 worst teams, we still have the Eagles at home to get to 5 wins.

Tell me where we end up with 4 wins?  lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Alka said:7 wins is like kissing your sister

Don’t let theDuggars hear that...... I would be happy kissing my sister (7 wins) if the alternative was kissing my brother ( 3-5 wins)

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Alka said:

I think you are protecting yourself at 4 wins.  Don't forget we play Houston, the Bengals, Denver, Carolina and the Jaguars.  I don't expect the Jets to lose all 5 games in the division, but unfortunately I can see us going 1-5. Atlanta, Saints without Drew Brees, I can't get excited about Tennessee or the Colts.

We should go 3-2 at least against the first 5 teams I mentioned, we should win at least 1 division game, and at least 1-3 against the last 4 teams I mentioned.  

And if we go 2-3 against the 5 worst teams, we still have the Eagles at home to get to 5 wins.

Tell me where we end up with 4 wins?  lol

Rather be conservative 

Link to post
Share on other sites

C U in 6 Boop... I'll wait and see how this team performs.  If they are not progressing week in and out we could be in for a rude awaking.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Finally having weapons, much better offensive coordinator, a bit more improved OL. Expecting 6-9 wins. We no longer have a QB that will hold the ball too long to get sacked and making dumb mistakes often every game. Get ready for excitement! 

 

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...