Is this the Jets "2 Deep" if we had to play a game today?

I thought Jarrad Davis was going to start at Sam, with the Will coming in on packages, not the other way around.  I could definitely be wrong about that though.

I also have no idea what the CB depth chart looks like, but for now, I guess that's as good as any other combo we can put out there.

• Upvote 1

QB: Zach Wilson/ Mike White 

RB: Tevin Coleman/ Michael Carter

FB: Trevon Wesco

TE: Tyler Kroft/ Chris Herndon 

X WR: Corey Davis/ Denzel Mims

Z WR: Keelan Cole/ Elijah Moore

Slot WR: Jamison Crowder / Elijah Moore

LT: Mekhi Becton/ George Fant

LG: Alijah Vera-Tucker/ Alex Lewis

? Connor McGovern/ Dan Feeney

RG: Greg Van Roten/ Alex Lewis

RT: Morgan Moses/ George Fant 

Leo: Carl Lawson/ Bryce Huff

DT: Sheldon Rankins/ Nathan Shepherd

NT: Foley Fatukasi/ Nathan Shepherd

REO: John Franklin-Meyers/ Ronald Blair

SAM: Jarrad Davis/ Jamien Sherwood 

MIKE: CJ Mosley/ Blake Cashman

WILL: Hamsah Nasirildeen/ Blake Cashman 

NCB: Javelin Guidry/ Michael Carter II

LCB: Bryce Hall/ Lamar Jackson 

RCB: Bless Austin/ Isaiah Dunn(?)

FS: Lamarcus Joyner/ Sharrod Neasman

SS: Marcus Maye/ (?)

I tried 

• Upvote 2

I think when the pads come on and we see more tackling, Sherwood is going to carve out a spot in this LBer group.  He could be the best tackler in the whole group.   Plus I think he could play SAM or WIL.   Going to be interesting to see how Saleh uses the two rookie safety converts. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/3/2021 at 1:23 PM, Sarge4Tide said:

QB - Zach Wilson / James Morgan
RB - Michael Carter / La'Michael Perine (Ty Johnson)
WR - Corey Davis / Denzel Mims
WR - Elijah Moore / Keenan Cole
WR - Jameson Crowder / Braxton Berrios
TE  -  Chris Herndon / Tyler Kroft
LT - Mekhi Becton / George Fant
LG - Alijah Vera-Tucker / Cameron Clark
OC - Conner McGovern / Dan Feeney
RG -  Greg Van Roten / Dan Feeney
RT - Morgan Moses / George Fant

DE - Carl Lawson / Bryce Huff (Jabari Zuniga)
DT - Foley Fatukasi / Jonathan Marshall
DT - Sheldon Rankins / 
Nathan Shepherd
DE - John Franklin-Myers / Ronald Blair
LB - CJ Mosley / Jarrad Davis (Blake Cashman)
LB  -  Hamsah Nasirildeen  / Jamien Sherwood 
CB - Bryce Hall / Brandin Echols
S - Marcus Maye / 
Sharrod Neasman 
S - Lamarcus Joyner / Michael Carter
N -  Jason Pinnock / Isaiah Dunn
CB - Bless Austin / Lamar Jackson

Tevin Coleman is going to rotate carries with Carter for the most part I'd imagine. I haven't seen any indication that Perine/Johnsons/Adams are ahead of him. By all account it seems they're all having decent camps though. 

I'd back Kroft to start ahead of Herndon, especially as we're gonna be a run first team and the TE will primarily be a blocker. Kroft is levels above Herndon in that area. 

Agree on WR depth for the most part. Tough to know who'll play more between Cole and Mims right now. Vincent Smith may end up ahead of Berrios as he's had a pretty good camp thus far and definitely has more upside. Not sure we need Berrios on this roster tbh.

I think Michael Carter II will be starting nickel back. As Dom said I don't see Pinnock or Dunn as slots guys and they're more likely going to be outside guys, one of them may take Austin's spot. 

• Upvote 1

https://primetimesportstalk.com/2021/08/03/veterans-on-the-roster-bubble-afc-east/

New York Jets: Ryan Griffin, TE

Greg Van Roten was a candidate here, but reports out of camp indicate that he has impressed and is in line to win the starting job at right guard. Instead, we’ll pivot to Griffin, a 31-year-old tight end. The Jets’ tight end core features Griffin, Chris Herndon IV, and Tyler Kroft, meaning there’s a chance all three make the team. However, it’s also possible that one of them is cut. Kroft was recently signed and Herndon is young, meaning Griffin could be the odd man out. Of the three players mentioned, Griffin also comes with the most cap savings if released.

If the Jets do cut Griffin this month, they will save $2.35 million in cap savings while incurring $950,000 in dead money. Through two seasons with New York, the New Hampshire native has played in 28 games, catching just 43 passes for 406 yards and five touchdowns. In 2020 alone, he logged nine catches for 86 yards and zero scores. Griffin’s age and declining status as a tight end could lead to his release from the Jets, who are trying to get younger.

• Upvote 1