Training Camp Practice - 8/9 (getting ready for the Giants)

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.   I think the staff is doing a good job of making Zach stay in the pocket and forcing him to play with in the system.    Obviously it’s concerning he’s being too deliberate in his decision making, but it was expected.  My concern is that he isn’t really being given difficult reads.  Remember how everyone touted this offense, how QB friendly it is and that Zach actually played in a version of this offense last year at BYU.   

We’ll see, Saturday night will be the next data point we can evaluate, hopefully there is improvement.   

Yep, I'm sure simply playing closer to the LOS alone is a huge adjustment.  That said, I'm not surprised by any of this, it's just frustrating  because we're simply talking about it and getting razzed for it yet we had to sit here for months and hear a different story.   Which is cool, much of it has legitimate merit.  I'm not pushing the panic button, just having a conversation about what we're hearing from tweets, friends and reports from respectable posters.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yep, I'm sure simply playing closer to the LOS alone is a huge adjustment.  That said, I'm not surprised by any of this, it's just frustrating  because we're simply talking about it and getting razzed for it yet we had to sit here for months and hear a different story.   Which is cool, much of it has legitimate merit.  I'm not pushing the panic button, just having a conversation about what we're hearing from tweets, friends and reports from respectable posters.

None of what’s happening surprises me.

Mostly the part where his fanboys are peeing down their legs. Some people are just not wired for objectivity.

• Upvote 3

If I were to guess(and it would be purely a guess based on the few clips I’ve seen) the issues Wilson are having are two things:

A.  Our defense is heavy in zone

B.  The speed of the game is way, way to fast right now.

These things go hand in hand.  I doubt, but don’t know for sure, Wilson faced a lot of zone heavy schemes in college. So that alone is a big adjustment.

Couple that with the fact that the game is warp speed compared to what he was used to, what he does know about dissecting zones is being blurred because the openings in those zones are smaller and close much faster.  So then he starts questioning what he’s seeing which causes a delay in his decisions.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Fortunately our fist game against Panthers has no one on the roster remotely close to Lawson! Zach should have time to throw. Frankie Luuvu might be their best alternative 

https://www.panthers.com/team/players-roster/

Wait, Luvu is on the Panthers??  Lmao.  Between Darnold, Anderson, Juston Burris and Luvu, they sure love them some Jets down in Charlotte…

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wait, Luvu is on the Panthers??  Lmao.  Between Darnold, Anderson, Juston Burris and Luvu, they sure love them some Jets down in Charlotte…

Having experience in  “overcoming depression associated with losing” is part of  Panthers player’s job. description. 

• Haha 1