Training Camp Practice - 8/9 (getting ready for the Giants)

26 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Corner is going to be a strength of this team.  We have a legit 1 in hall, Austin is coming around nicely and will be a high end cb2 and guidry has the slot locked down.  And a bunch of young kids behind them ready to step up.

Love the cb unit.

I'll take "Optimism" for $1,000, Alex.

21 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He wasn't accurate enough to get the ball in the vicinity of the WR that the DB's were covering.  That's a big red flag.  

He tossed 0 INTs as a Rookie QB today and multiple TDs. 

Wasn't accurate in practice? How many incompletions did both Manning and Josh Allen throw in training camp practice as rookies? ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He tossed 0 INTs as a Rookie QB today and multiple TDs. 

Wasn't accurate in practice? How many incompletions did both Manning and Josh Allen throw in training camp practice as rookies? ?

Why compare him to Manning and Allen.  He's upside is way beyond both of them.  He could be the next CEO of Jet Blue. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

I'd like to piggyback on this and remind everyone that Herbert struggled like hell in camp and was firmly behind Tyrod Taylor before the whole punctured lung incident. Anyone who watched Hard Knocks can attest to this. 

So you're implying James Morgan will be under center on opening day. 

What's  with so many of these whiny p****es ... We'll lose and you'll like it.

You guys that keep rooting for the Jets expecting a different result than our entire history (minus '69) are not allowing yourselves to be pleasantly surprised by a  decent year or a competitive team.

You don't deserve a Superbowl with your incessant whining you deserve to be spoonfed losing season after losing season until you STFU. Now sit down here next to me drink some whiskey (or in your case a white claw) and enjoy your losing season.

Optimism is the root cause of disappointment. You foolishly let yourself believe things could get better, that's your fault. I will expect epic levels of disaster until it's proven that we are capable of more. I will enjoy our epic levels disaster and laugh into the abyss. Adversity is supposed to build character not turn you into a b****. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I am surprised at how many people care about this “lack of hitting” in practice.  Especially with a team who has so much learning and contributing young players to account for.  Learning>Hitting.  

Michael Carter isn’t going to learn a lot from getting his bell rung by Mosely an extra day a week more than he does.  Conversely Mosley won’t become a better tackle by 10 extra “tackle to the ground reps a week”.

I was able to be a part of 3 straight years of practices for Iowa in the early 2000s in various capacities.  They were and still are considered one of the most physical and fundamentally sound teams in the Big Ten and they were not Big proponents of 100% live reps.  I am of the belief it doesn’t provide the reward most people likely assume it does.  It is most certainly necessary to an extent, but the benefit is greatly exaggerated in my opinion.  I’m sure there are coaches/programs/franchises that would disagree, but I don’t think there is many who would say it’s a huge competitive advantage to have incredibly physical practices day in and day out.

Yeah, I'm of the mind that the preseason games are the place to school and be schooled on hits/contacts.  Those will be enough to see who rises to the top.  I'd like aa healthy a roster as possible for the following 17 games.

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Well how could I do any less?  In fact, I sent Mr. Devito to the showers for a week for incessant trolling.  Taking a negative view is absolutely fine but there comes a point where you are jumping on every positive post and the troll sensor goes off.  We have reached that point with poor Louie DePalma so we bid him a pleasant week off.

Thank you.

46 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You don't know who Brian Burns is? I do. Because I'm an FSU fan and @JiFapono is correct. He's a freak. 

2019 Rookie = 7.5 sacks. 

2020 2nd year = 9.0 sacks. 

He's a better pass rusher than anyone on your Buffalo defense (including your overrated Miami U Rookie who Michael Carter ran all over for 300+ rushing yards).  

I'm so confused. @32EBoozer said the Panthers don't have any pass rushers. He said Frankie Luvu was their best pass rusher. I brought up Brian Burns because he ignore him/didn't know about him.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Ugh, it's everything we talked about, kid looks like he could kill it in flag Football.  lol 

No, I'm kidding, I totally understand the practicing patience piece and clearly you have to, especially for a project like Wilson.  That part of this that is frustrating though, is how we had to listen to an entire offseason of why he was actually better then Trevor Lawrence and wayyyyy better then the other guys (looks around for Chris Simms).  And that's all fine and great until you tell me he cant handle 11 on 11.  

And I know there is nothing else Saleh can say but plenty of rookies in recent years have hit the ground running.  We've seen the rookie TD record broken twice in the last 3 years.  We've seen guys like Russ, Murray, Watson, Burrow, Jackson, Winston, etc. all come in and play well for week 1.  I know it's early but the excuse making coming out already has me a bit frustrated.  We were sold that what we're getting with Wilson is a Day 1 starter, high level acumen, student of the game, film junky who will galvanize the team with his leadership and ability and instead, I'm hearing Mike White looks like the best QB out there.

who the heck said mike white is the best qb out there?

Guys, you're giving up based on practice reports. Please, for the love of god, chill

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

I'm so confused. @32EBoozer said the Panthers don't have any pass rushers. He said Frankie Luvu was their best pass rusher. I brought up Brian Burns because he ignore him/didn't know about him.

They also have Hassan Reddick. Who had 8 sacks last year. Signed as a FA.

35 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:
1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You don't know who Brian Burns is? I do. Because I'm an FSU fan and @JiFapono is correct. He's a freak. 

2019 Rookie = 7.5 sacks. 

2020 2nd year = 9.0 sacks. 

He's a better pass rusher than anyone on your Buffalo defense (including your overrated Miami U Rookie who Michael Carter ran all over for 300+ rushing yards).  

35 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

Leave me out of this. I don't follow college ball other than ND and certainly don't follow the Panthers. Go back to the Bill's board if there is any. You just appear to be a oser hanging out on another team's board.

Online Dating Lose GIF