Team Building and Speculation Thread

kdels62

19 hours ago, derp said:

Totally agree. I also would prefer a guy a little thicker. Did see a little body catching too but not always, he also can pluck and get upfield. 

Could also see him really opening things up for Moore across from him and slipping Davis into a role he’s better suited for. And as they’re trying to get Wilson some easier reads but push downfield, someone who can just flat out fly may give him some easy reads on shots downfield.

Absolutely agree again. Think it’s awesome when guys who produce like that can also make an impact as a gunner. Like the team first mentally.

With Davis out now for the rest of the year, We'll have a really good opportunity to see this team function with guys like Mims and Cole being larger parts of the offense to see where or if they can be consistent contributors.  Mims in particular has a huge opportunity to get off the bench and establish himself as a future player on this team. He has to stack good games in order to stick in my opinion.. otherwise this offense is cleaning house and we're adding another 2 WR's next season. 

Remember Cole Crowder are gone, after that mims could be out too.  This team could be looking for another 2-3 wrs in some fashion in the offseason. 

2 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

With Davis out now for the rest of the year, We'll have a really good opportunity to see this team function with guys like Mims and Cole being larger parts of the offense to see where or if they can be consistent contributors.  Mims in particular has a huge opportunity to get off the bench and establish himself as a future player on this team. He has to stack good games in order to stick in my opinion.. otherwise this offense is cleaning house and we're adding another 2 WR's next season. 

Remember Cole Crowder are gone, after that mims could be out too.  This team could be looking for another 2-3 wrs in some fashion in the offseason. 

Yup I think they will be. Jeff Smith is an ERFA so I presume he sticks for depth and specials but will be two or three guys out the door.

Curious if they get aggressive in FA - some guys are going to slip out of franchise tags. I expect a mid level guy and draft. 

I actually noticed yesterday that James Daniels is a FA. Much as I’ve expected a decent chance of OL high since that lines up nicely, someone like him in FA would completely change that. Seems very Douglas - prior zone experience, experience at RG and center, just starting to settle in and play well, he’s either going to be 24 or 25 next opening day which is wild.

Douglas loves the three year deals for guys who are potentially lined up for a second big contract before 30 - kind of a win win scenario. I could see it there. Plug him in at RG and potentially have the McGovern replacement already on the roster. 

I'm sure there are a bunch of similar examples, too. But he does that and edge-best WR available starts to make a lot more sense in the first round. Still would prefer a trade down but think they need to improve skill talent.

9 minutes ago, derp said:

Yup I think they will be. Jeff Smith is an ERFA so I presume he sticks for depth and specials but will be two or three guys out the door.

Curious if they get aggressive in FA - some guys are going to slip out of franchise tags. I expect a mid level guy and draft. 

I actually noticed yesterday that James Daniels is a FA. Much as I’ve expected a decent chance of OL high since that lines up nicely, someone like him in FA would completely change that. Seems very Douglas - prior zone experience, experience at RG and center, just starting to settle in and play well, he’s either going to be 24 or 25 next opening day which is wild.

Douglas loves the three year deals for guys who are potentially lined up for a second big contract before 30 - kind of a win win scenario. I could see it there. Plug him in at RG and potentially have the McGovern replacement already on the roster. 

I'm sure there are a bunch of similar examples, too. But he does that and edge-best WR available starts to make a lot more sense in the first round. Still would prefer a trade down but think they need to improve skill talent.

That would be an interesting signing for sure.  Youre right too, fits the mold of what JD looks for and how he operates in FA.  Loves those 3 year deals where he can get guys at a fair value because of the ability to cash in again on a second deal.  I go back and forth alot with the Draft lately.  I think the value of where we will be drafting is in the OL with 2 guys probably making sense in that spot in Neal, Linderbaum. I know depending on drafting towards the later part of the top 10 opens up Ekwonu and Green as well. That being said I also understand the team makeup and the logistics of having 3 first round picks all one year apart each to have to pay for on the OL.  That could be a difficult situation, however if JD is going to invest anywhere, its probably there. 

Even if JD was to sign Daniels, i think theres a fair possibility that the Tackles are still in play in RD1.  Neal in particular allows for so much flexibility within the line, much as Fant where JD would be covered with multiple combinations in case of injury.  To me this makes a lot of sense. 

I think the case however is mounting strongly for a WR early in this draft.  I dont know if this means RD 1 or RD 2 but i think inthose first 4 picks you have to see one of them come off the board in green, unless they really address the position in FA.  I think its more likely they address the TE position in FA with a mid level signing.  Enough where JD will try to grab one of these young guys hoping they fall to the 3rd.  

In my mind right now I could see the jets going  EDGE, OL, WR, TE in the first 4. 

I could also very easily see OL, WR, EDGE, LB 

FA is going to be crucial to get a beat on the direction of this team. 

Something we haven't talked about and heads would explode - though hopefully it happens a bit later. The defensive tackle spot is potentially losing a lot of depth to free agency - Fatukasi, Shepherd. They drafted Jonathan Marshall of course and will have Quinnen Williams coming back and Sheldon Rankins too - Rankins just signed for one more year. San Francisco also got after it drafting defensive tackles (and big edges) for that scheme.

My personal preference is an inside/out guy they can mix and match with JFM, and I'd really hope they don't get too aggressive about a defensive tackle. But I could see them making a pick at the position that annoys folks - particularly day two but I wouldn't rule out day one. Don't want them to do it but I like preparing myself for these scenarios. Roster building and priority wise there's a case to be made even if I don't think it makes sense and am tired of them drafting defensive tackles.

7 minutes ago, derp said:

Something we haven't talked about and heads would explode - though hopefully it happens a bit later. The defensive tackle spot is potentially losing a lot of depth to free agency - Fatukasi, Shepherd. They drafted Jonathan Marshall of course and will have Quinnen Williams coming back and Sheldon Rankins too - Rankins just signed for one more year. San Francisco also got after it drafting defensive tackles (and big edges) for that scheme.

My personal preference is an inside/out guy they can mix and match with JFM, and I'd really hope they don't get too aggressive about a defensive tackle. But I could see them making a pick at the position that annoys folks - particularly day two but I wouldn't rule out day one. Don't want them to do it but I like preparing myself for these scenarios. Roster building and priority wise there's a case to be made even if I don't think it makes sense and am tired of them drafting defensive tackles.

I haven’t stopped thinking about this. And every week it’s the plainly obvious issue that has to be addressed. It wouldn’t surprise me if Logan Hall, Devonte Wyatt, Travon Walker and Cameron Thomas are on JDs watch list. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I haven’t stopped thinking about this. And every week it’s the plainly obvious issue that has to be addressed. It wouldn’t surprise me if Logan Hall, Devonte Wyatt, Travon Walker and Cameron Thomas are on JDs watch list. 

Yeah I think that's a good list. Leal too wouldn't be especially surprising. Walker or Hall day two would be nice. Wyatt would make sense. Thomas more if they kick JFM inside. No idea where Walker's going after Brugler had him at #9.

I ran into a situation on a simulator where I had traded down to 17 and was confronted with a choice. I took Ojabo at 7. At 17, my top players available were Ahmad Gardner, Drake London, Treylon Burks and I kinda froze on the choice. 

So I posit the question, who is the right choice in this situation? My personal draft board has Gardner as CB1 and I love his physicality and performance. I also think London and Burks are great. I ended up choosing London. While Burks is upside he won’t be ready to play “at every level” yet but London will be able to step into a role since he’s a better route runner and pass catcher. As for Gardner, it’s a question of value. Gardner is great but the drop from Gardner to McDuffie, Gordon, McCreary is lesser than the drop from London/Burks to Tolbert.

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

I ran into a situation on a simulator where I had traded down to 17 and was confronted with a choice. I took Ojabo at 7. At 17, my top players available were Ahmad Gardner, Drake London, Treylon Burks and I kinda froze on the choice. 

So I posit the question, who is the right choice in this situation? My personal draft board has Gardner as CB1 and I love his physicality and performance. I also think London and Burks are great. I ended up choosing London. While Burks is upside he won’t be ready to play “at every level” yet but London will be able to step into a role since he’s a better route runner and pass catcher. As for Gardner, it’s a question of value. Gardner is great but the drop from Gardner to McDuffie, Gordon, McCreary is lesser than the drop from London/Burks to Tolbert.

I agree with this.  In that spot its probably either burks or london and london is less dynamic than burks for sure but more polished a product right now. It's a safe choice. 

Love sauce but I just do not see this team taking a corner in round 1 after investing a lot of picks into guys that are clearly playing well last year.   

The more and more i start thinking about this first round the more i see the only offensive player us taking is a WR and possibly not even that.  I could see Edge/LB Edge/WR. LB/WR, or even WR/DT

Im starting to become of the mindset that they will extend Fant and at worst have him at RT with becton at LT or possibly flipped.  Then the only hole on the line is RG conceivably where they could look to resign LDT or add another player.  But those guys can be grabbed later in the draft.  Whats become plainly obvious watching this team is two things to me:

Zach needs time for the game to slow down, he's second guessing everything he's seeing and because of it not throwing the ball like he usually does.  Look at his college tape and these last few games.. The only time his arm has looked the same is the start of the eagles game, everything else he looks like he's like holding back scared he's not doing the right thing.   Part of this is the line needs some upgrading for the run game to help clear up the picture.  Becton at worst helps a ton in the Run game.  and an upgrade at RG will help as well (also another good RB).  the second thing he needs is guys to get open.  Yes he has missed open WRs before, but his back foot hits and these guys are swallowed.  

the other thing is team speed which we've talked about. 

So target wise?  now im starting to look at SPEED, Defense across the board, Early Wr's LBs Edge and DTs.  Middle round CBs, LBs, RBs and OL

1 hour ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I agree with this.  In that spot its probably either burks or london and london is less dynamic than burks for sure but more polished a product right now. It's a safe choice. 

Love sauce but I just do not see this team taking a corner in round 1 after investing a lot of picks into guys that are clearly playing well last year.   

The more and more i start thinking about this first round the more i see the only offensive player us taking is a WR and possibly not even that.  I could see Edge/LB Edge/WR. LB/WR, or even WR/DT

Im starting to become of the mindset that they will extend Fant and at worst have him at RT with becton at LT or possibly flipped.  Then the only hole on the line is RG conceivably where they could look to resign LDT or add another player.  But those guys can be grabbed later in the draft.  Whats become plainly obvious watching this team is two things to me:

Zach needs time for the game to slow down, he's second guessing everything he's seeing and because of it not throwing the ball like he usually does.  Look at his college tape and these last few games.. The only time his arm has looked the same is the start of the eagles game, everything else he looks like he's like holding back scared he's not doing the right thing.   Part of this is the line needs some upgrading for the run game to help clear up the picture.  Becton at worst helps a ton in the Run game.  and an upgrade at RG will help as well (also another good RB).  the second thing he needs is guys to get open.  Yes he has missed open WRs before, but his back foot hits and these guys are swallowed.  

the other thing is team speed which we've talked about. 

So target wise?  now im starting to look at SPEED, Defense across the board, Early Wr's LBs Edge and DTs.  Middle round CBs, LBs, RBs and OL

Agree with a lot of this. I think you'll see more OL picked in rounds 3-5 this year. I think JD is going to want to restock the OL pipeline with Chuma probably on his way out, and Clarke a total question mark due to injury. I've been a big Neal fan - but the reality is Fant is still only 29 years old and his play continues to rise. I'd expect an extension this offseason which realistically pushes the OL need to RG/depth. I'd expect a RG to be signed in FA and for JD to get an IOL prospect to groom on day three. 

I think one of the first two picks is a lock to be edge barring something changing in free agency. I'd lean WR as the next pick but think LB will get serious consideration as well. I still believe the preference will be to trade back the Seattle pick if Jets can draft Hutch/Thibs (maybe Karalaftis) - or trade back the Jets pick. I don't think JD wants to draft a WR in the first round after Mims/Moore - but will justify it with a trade back. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Agree with a lot of this. I think you'll see more OL picked in rounds 3-5 this year. I think JD is going to want to restock the OL pipeline with Chuma probably on his way out, and Clarke a total question mark due to injury. I've been a big Neal fan - but the reality is Fant is still only 29 years old and his play continues to rise. I'd expect an extension this offseason which realistically pushes the OL need to RG/depth. I'd expect a RG to be signed in FA and for JD to get an IOL prospect to groom on day three. 

I think one of the first two picks is a lock to be edge barring something changing in free agency. I'd lean WR as the next pick but think LB will get serious consideration as well. I still believe the preference will be to trade back the Seattle pick if Jets can draft Hutch/Thibs (maybe Karalaftis) - or trade back the Jets pick. I don't think JD wants to draft a WR in the first round after Mims/Moore - but will justify it with a trade back. 

Trading into the teens and getting Garret Wilson would make me very happy 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, maury77 said:

I know this place is a little more sane than the main strip. How many of you are leaning towards brining in a vet to compete at QB next year? If yes, who?

Unless the FO is REALLY bullish on Mike White - and considering they cut him four times last year - they absolutely have to. Even if ZW goes off these last four games you can't go into next season saying well Zach is our guy through thick and thin. 

Two names for me would be Jimmy G assuming he gets cut from SF and Marcus Mariota. Could also see Teddy Bridgewater in the mix. I'd add Gardner Minshew but if they weren't willing to cough up a 6th rounder....

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2021 at 8:01 AM, maury77 said:

I know this place is a little more sane than the main strip. How many of you are leaning towards brining in a vet to compete at QB next year? If yes, who?

I don’t know if competition is as important as just having someone who can execute the offense. Never thought Wilson should’ve played this year, hope it was more good for him than bad for him, but it’s clear he’s not comfortable with the concepts and there’s also nothing the offense does particularly well that he can just lean on during games when things aren’t going well. No elite go to receiver, tight end target, even a check down running back - and the run game isn’t dominant. A pure burner to take planned deep shots to would be good too.

White was better, Flacco was too - offense looks different with those guys in the game. And there are other developing young players.

I think they need to spend a fourth to sixth round pick on a quarterback too. Not a toolsy guy who needs to be developed - they’re 0-2 on those and I think it’s overrated for the offense - but someone who’s productive but not prototypical. Bailey Zappe, Grayson McCall, I’m sure there are others. See if there’s lighting in a bottle if he misses time late in the season, maybe find the Kirk Cousins to their RGIII. Or just their accidentally good QB - Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson. It happens and I think if there’s any uncertainty it’s worth shooting a shot in the mid rounds. Plus watching Brooks Bollinger a decade plus ago was more fun than watching Flacco.

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2021 at 3:30 PM, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Unless the FO is REALLY bullish on Mike White - and considering they cut him four times last year - they absolutely have to. Even if ZW goes off these last four games you can't go into next season saying well Zach is our guy through thick and thin. 

Two names for me would be Jimmy G assuming he gets cut from SF and Marcus Mariota. Could also see Teddy Bridgewater in the mix. I'd add Gardner Minshew but if they weren't willing to cough up a 6th rounder....

Jimmy G would command $20m+ a year. He’s a starter in this league, Joe d isn’t doing that 

On 12/16/2021 at 3:30 PM, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I didn't see much of Trubisky in Chicago, but I'm mildly intrigued by him in the La Fleur offense. 

I’m currently wanting them to TE double dip in the second round. They’re going to run a bunch of two TE personnel and Wilson would benefit from better tight end play - don’t mess around, just grab McBride and Likely. Infusion of talent and athleticism. Find a burner in FA or later in the draft.

Frankly I want them to own the entire second round. Hopefully free agency helps. I think three more day two picks would be enough to let them do everything I want on that day of the draft and that’s probably not quite realistic. Maybe just two more if they package the four’s to move up a little.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, derp said:

I’m currently wanting them to TE double dip in the second round. They’re going to run a bunch of two TE personnel and Wilson would benefit from better tight end play - don’t mess around, just grab McBride and Likely. Infusion of talent and athleticism. Find a burner in FA or later in the draft.

Frankly I want them to own the entire second round. Hopefully free agency helps. I think three more day two picks would be enough to let them do everything I want on that day of the draft and that’s probably not quite realistic. Maybe just two more if they package the four’s to move up a little.

going to depend heavily on a trade down scenario.  Oddly, I think where the jets are picking and if they pick later even it benefits them more for a trade down than if they are in the top 5. 

Trading down for extra day 2 picks is going ot be paramount for this team because after that second/ 3rd round theres talent but not nearly what we need as much as early on.  

To get another 2 picks in those rounds youre talking about being able to address EDGE, WR, TE, LB, OL, and double dip at one of those spots.  Its a huge opportunity. 

19 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

going to depend heavily on a trade down scenario.  Oddly, I think where the jets are picking and if they pick later even it benefits them more for a trade down than if they are in the top 5. 

Trading down for extra day 2 picks is going ot be paramount for this team because after that second/ 3rd round theres talent but not nearly what we need as much as early on.  

To get another 2 picks in those rounds youre talking about being able to address EDGE, WR, TE, LB, OL, and double dip at one of those spots.  Its a huge opportunity. 

Yeah I agree on all counts - the later first rounder being a better need value match up, the importance of moving down, and the drop off at need positions outside those three rounds. I think edge and TE stay deep but they’re important enough and I like the early guys enough and I’d like them to double dip at those in the first few anyway. I’m just not going to count on them actually being able to accomplish a trade down. 

Do think safety is a top three round need as well.

Hopefully this looks a lot different post FA. Add a few legitimate players and eat into those needs a little. I do think sort of like Douglas’ first offseason where the OL needed FA’s to get to replacement level, the best short term way to fix the middle of the defense is free agency.

36 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

love him but I think youre starting to see this team needs Edge and WR badly.  Can they afford to wait on edge till round 2 or wr till round 2 in order to slot a linderbaum in?

It’s just the constant failures at blitz pickups and free runners since McGovern has been here are so frustrating.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

It’s just the constant failures at blitz pickups and free runners since McGovern has been here are so frustrating.

I think as a young QB having someone who you can be like “oh **** the rush is coming I’ll throw it to this guy and hope he can make a play” is so helpful. I’m sure there are examples in the other direction of guys who succeeded without it but going college to NFL is such a huge jump anyway but that security blanket is great. I think partially to allow confidence to stay up and the team to produce when things get messy. I don’t get why the Jets continue to insist on having a skill group that makes young QB go through reads even when things get bad. The security blanket helps vets too. Even the difference in Darnold when he had McCaffrey and when he didn’t this year. It’s just clearly too fast for Wilson right now when the rush comes but also - granted injuries are a factor - Moore is probably the only guy on the team who can get open on his own.

Anyway - better center play would be good too.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, derp said:

Yeah I agree on all counts - the later first rounder being a better need value match up, the importance of moving down, and the drop off at need positions outside those three rounds. I think edge and TE stay deep but they’re important enough and I like the early guys enough and I’d like them to double dip at those in the first few anyway. I’m just not going to count on them actually being able to accomplish a trade down. 

Do think safety is a top three round need as well.

Hopefully this looks a lot different post FA. Add a few legitimate players and eat into those needs a little. I do think sort of like Douglas’ first offseason where the OL needed FA’s to get to replacement level, the best short term way to fix the middle of the defense is free agency.

Thats my biggest fear is not being able to accomplish a trade down.  Ideally the WRS in this draft are looking like mid teens slots.  To trade back from the 7/8 spot to say 15-18 would be a nice little move. Takes 2 to tango though so we'll see how it goes. 

Safety im at least confident we can address in FA if we want.  There are a few guys that fit what we're looking for so at least that can be scratched off the list hopefully.  Edge and LB I do not feel as good about unless you want to take a chance on a guy like Vander Esch.  I do think they feel a lot more confident in Quincy being the guy moving forward with some development, which is fine but I do not want to rely on him.  I would love to add a Lloyd or Dean in the Draft but as we're seeing now maybe edge and WR is the way to go in the first.  The one thing im pretty sure about right now is that adding a 1st RD WR is becoming paramount.  I like the guys in RD 2 but not nearly as much as 1 and unless its heavily invested in in FA this year, I think thats a MUST do move.  That leaves that other 1st rounder for EDGE or something else. 

It gets tricky from then on if you cant trade down

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Its true.  Again i can convince myself of a different move every other day.  If you told me they went Neal and Burks id be happy, if you told me Edge and Wilson id be happy, If you told me Linderbaum and Lloyd sure, Linderbaum and London im in.  This team needs a lot and at least in the first round there are guys at high value that are at positions of need.   You almost cant go wrong honestly. 

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Its true.  Again i can convince myself of a different move every other day.  If you told me they went Neal and Burks id be happy, if you told me Edge and Wilson id be happy, If you told me Linderbaum and Lloyd sure, Linderbaum and London im in.  This team needs a lot and at least in the first round there are guys at high value that are at positions of need.   You almost cant go wrong honestly. 

I’m not even picky. I definitely want a trade back at 4 just to move some capital to next year and get some more 2nd rounders. Trade back and take whichever of Lloyd, Linderbaum, Burks, London, Wilson, Dotson, or Dean is available and I’ll be happy. The only player that’s a must draft for the Jets is Trey McBride. The more I watch him the more I realize he’s a cut above the rest and he has leadership traits out his ass. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, derp said:

I think as a young QB having someone who you can be like “oh **** the rush is coming I’ll throw it to this guy and hope he can make a play” is so helpful. I’m sure there are examples in the other direction of guys who succeeded without it but going college to NFL is such a huge jump anyway but that security blanket is great. I think partially to allow confidence to stay up and the team to produce when things get messy. I don’t get why the Jets continue to insist on having a skill group that makes young QB go through reads even when things get bad. The security blanket helps vets too. Even the difference in Darnold when he had McCaffrey and when he didn’t this year. It’s just clearly too fast for Wilson right now when the rush comes but also - granted injuries are a factor - Moore is probably the only guy on the team who can get open on his own.

Anyway - better center play would be good too.

its such a good point of emphasis though because this team doesnt have that guy that the QB can say... Well this play is screwed, ill just throw it to him and see if he can bail us out.  Teams throw a blitz at the jets and play press man and no one can win a 1 on 1.  NO ONE.  Moore is the only guy and he's not out there..  Everyone praises Kyler and mahommes and all these guys and they're all really good, but there are several plays each game when under pressure they just chuck it up in the vicinity of one of their dudes and plays are made.  Kelce erases so much underneath for mahommes, and hill deep (how many times has he just chucked it up and hill makes the play?). Same for kyler with Hopkins.  The hail mary last year?  Dude just chucked it up and hopkins did hopkins things. 

There is legitimately no one for zach to trust in in this offense right now.  Its a huge issue and has been for years. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

I’m not even picky. I definitely want a trade back at 4 just to move some capital to next year and get some more 2nd rounders. Trade back and take whichever of Lloyd, Linderbaum, Burks, London, Wilson, Dotson, or Dean is available and I’ll be happy. The only player that’s a must draft for the Jets is Trey McBride. The more I watch him the more I realize he’s a cut above the rest and he has leadership traits out his ass. 

I have a sneaky feeling that he won't be the first C off the board, that it's gonna be the ND kid Patterson. I'll bet he's gonna test off the charts. I would love us to grab him.

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

We'll see just how much emphasis they put on TE in the draft.  They may opt to go FA with that position its a decent crop in FA, now nothing like ground breaking, but you can be certainly better than average at the position through FA and sign multiple guys.  

FA TEs:

Uzomah

Everett

Alie-Cox

Tonyan

OJ Howard

Hurst

Engram

Njoku

Gesicki

Dwelley

Hollister

Seals-Jones

Firsker

Dissly

Shultz

Conklin

Nothing is jumping out as a complete difference maker but all guys that have had times in the league making plays catching and all servicable to good blockers for the most part with the few exceptions.  I want mcbride bad too but i could see a world where they go quantity over extreme quality here. 

5 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

its such a good point of emphasis though because this team doesnt have that guy that the QB can say... Well this play is screwed, ill just throw it to him and see if he can bail us out.  Teams throw a blitz at the jets and play press man and no one can win a 1 on 1.  NO ONE.  Moore is the only guy and he's not out there..  Everyone praises Kyler and mahommes and all these guys and they're all really good, but there are several plays each game when under pressure they just chuck it up in the vicinity of one of their dudes and plays are made.  Kelce erases so much underneath for mahommes, and hill deep (how many times has he just chucked it up and hill makes the play?). Same for kyler with Hopkins.  The hail mary last year?  Dude just chucked it up and hopkins did hopkins things. 

There is legitimately no one for zach to trust in in this offense right now.  Its a huge issue and has been for years. 

It gets old always acknowledging the same deficiencies with this franchise.  The Jets have had THE worst collection of offensive skill players in the league for a long time.   Every year we talk about it but it never seems to get solved.  Things aren’t going to change until major upgrades are made.  Same goes for edge rusher, the Jets haven’t had a legit pass rush from the edge in forever.  

That’s why in my mock I double dip at edge, WR and TE.  At some point the needle needs to start moving on this franchise and as much as a guy like Linderbaum could help, he’s just not a huge upgrade over what’s already there.  

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It gets old always acknowledging the same deficiencies with this franchise.  The Jets have had THE worst collection of offensive skill players in the league for a long time.   Every year we talk about it but it never seems to get solved.  Things aren’t going to change until major upgrades are made.  Same goes for edge rusher, the Jets haven’t had a legit pass rush from the edge in forever.  

That’s why in my mock I double dip at edge, WR and TE.  At some point the needle needs to start moving on this franchise and as much as a guy like Linderbaum could help, he’s just not a huge upgrade over what’s already there.  

its very true, years of poor drafting has set the team back so much.  Another really good draft and some key FA this team should make some strides at least. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m broken to the point that multiple receivers who can win one on one matchups feels like a luxury and realistically that’s how most of the league operates. Part of why it looks like the Jets are playing a different sport.

Team speed in the middle of the defense is bad too obviously.

18 minutes ago, derp said:

I’m broken to the point that multiple receivers who can win one on one matchups feels like a luxury and realistically that’s how most of the league operates. Part of why it looks like the Jets are playing a different sport.

Team speed in the middle of the defense is bad too obviously.

this was my arguement for a Wilson/Burks/London and Lloyd First round lol 

Especially if they believe they can get a good Edge in the 2nd it may be the way to go. Im gonan do a mock about it right now actually. 

7 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

this was my arguement for a Wilson/Burks/London and Lloyd First round lol 

Especially if they believe they can get a good Edge in the 2nd it may be the way to go. Im gonan do a mock about it right now actually. 

fyi trading down in mocks is insane, and just shows the depth at EDGE in this draft.  Im back to wanting LB and WR in the first. 

17 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

fyi trading down in mocks is insane, and just shows the depth at EDGE in this draft.  Im back to wanting LB and WR in the first. 

I absolutely get thinking that a LB makes the biggest impact I’ll just believe it when I see it. Is an easy one to draft an impact guy. I’m looking at what the 49ers have done and bracing myself for Travon Walker with the Seattle pick.