Players You Would Love For This Team.

BurntDice

Who are some players you have been drooling over the possibility of seeing them in this offense or defense scheme wise? I’ll mostly focus on offense 

Some of mine are

Wandale Robinson - This dude would go bonkers as the slot receiver here. He’s like berrios on crack. Super fast and agile with fantastic YAC ability. 

Trey McBride - because of course 

Trayvon Burks - Deebo Samuel 2.0

Darian Kinnard - Fits the blocking scheme extremely well. He’s very athletic for his size and has been playing in a zone scheme in Kentucky which should make the transition easier. He’s an all around good player with high upside. 

Tyler Linderbaum - perfect fit as everyone knows 

James Cook - Solid receiving back who would compliment Carter well. 

James Ford - crazy fast and makes cuts with ease 

Alec Pierce - A tall receiver with good athletic traits which pairs well with the rest of our wrs.

Kyler Gordon - He was on the freaks list and after watching some of him he seems like a slam dunk pick for what the coaches are looking for. He’s a physical corner, with great athleticism. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I keep thinking Ikem Ekwonu & Garrett Wilson in round one.

Let's just build a great offensive line with a bunch of weapons. 

I just listened to Dane Brugler on Connor Hughes podcast and he was gushing over Garret Wilson. He says that he has “elite” body control. He thinks that he’ll be a perfect fit for this offense. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Sadly, two guys who I really thought would make this offense better, decided to go back to school. ND C Jarrett Patterson and Iowa TE Sam LaPorta.

The C class doesn’t seem very deep unfortunately, but the TEs may be the deepest I’ve ever seen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

I just listened to Dane Brugler on Connor Hughes podcast and he was gushing over Garret Wilson. He says that he has “elite” body control. He thinks that he’ll be a perfect fit for this offense. 

Brugler was one of the chief Zach Wilson propagandaists, I'm not very high on his evaluations these days. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Brugler was one of the chief Zach Wilson propagandaists, I'm not very high on his evaluations these days. 

I think Brugler is good at identifying what NFL teams are looking for, or has good contacts, so he can piece together who’s going to go high a little earlier than some. Jeremiah is similar but releases rankings a little later.

If these guys were really good, to the point of being better than NFL teams (who mess up draft evals left and right) they would be working in the league.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I like Brugler a lot. He’s usually one of the first to be high on guys before most people. Imo he’s top 3 out there for media draft guys. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, derp said:

If these guys were really good, to the point of being better than NFL teams (who mess up draft evals left and right) they would be working in the league.

I’m not sure about this. Scouts for a team probably work 60+ hours a week and likely don’t make much more than guys like Brugler. There’s a lot of pros to his job like working on his own schedule, having more freedom etc. Brugler might even make more money than a lot of scouts for a team. 

edit - I just looked it up and pro scouts make between 40-90k. I’m willing to bet that brugler makes more than that 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

That's good to hear. GW just plays smooth. I think he might be amongst the safest players in this draft.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BurntDice said:

that’s funny. He might be one of the clumsiest WR I’ve seen in some time. He trips over his feet more than anyone I’ve seen. 

That said, he’s still a wicked tactician who will flourish in the nfl as a route runner and chain mover. Love ‘im

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Lol that’s funny. He’s actually the clumsiest WR I’ve seen in some time. He trips over his feet more than anyone I’ve seen. 

That said, he’s still a wicked tactician who will flourish in the nfl as a route runner and chain mover. Love ‘im

Oh really? Maybe his mind is just going a lot faster than his feet will let him lol.

I’ve seen quite a few pro comps of Wilson to Calvin Ridley. Do you think that’s semi accurate?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Oh really? Maybe his mind is just going a lot faster than his feet will let him lol.

I’ve seen quite a few pro comps of Wilson to Calvin Ridley. Do you think that’s semi accurate?

yep, that sounds about right. I like it. Keenan Allen is another, though i think Wilson has more pop. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

I’m not sure about this. Scouts for a team probably work 60+ hours a week and likely don’t make much more than guys like Brugler. There’s a lot of pros to his job like working on his own schedule, having more freedom etc. Brugler might even make more money than a lot of scouts for a team. 

edit - I just looked it up and pro scouts make between 40-90k. I’m willing to bet that brugler makes more than that 

Level above scouts. Again if that good.

• Upvote 1

Karlaftis and almost any of the top pass rushers, its a pretty solid class.

Hamilton. Honesty, I think Hamilton could be an absolute monster in this defense especially if we had a decent pass rush.

Ikonwu is probably the best interior lineman prospect in this draft. I'm taking him at 10 if he is there. 

Add Sauce to that list. He would be a great fit.

McBride is on top of the list for Rd 2. along with Christian Harris.

Pierce is a really fun prospect and could be a steal late.

Breece Hall would be great running with Carter in a zone blocking scheme

• Upvote 1

On 1/13/2022 at 8:12 PM, RedBeardedSavage said:

I keep thinking Ikem Ekwonu & Garrett Wilson in round one.

Let's just build a great offensive line with a bunch of weapons. 

I like it, but I still somehow want that Edge rusher early in this Draft.

This is a Draft that is plentiful with Edge rushers, a critical position to Robert Saleh's defensive scheme.  It would just feel like a crime not getting one with one of our 1st round picks (either one of the picks is fine with me).  We need to jumpstart this DLine and add a young talent to the group of Carl Lawson, JFM, Bryce Huff.... especially with Lawson's injury uncertainty.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This is a Draft that is plentiful with Edge rushers, a critical position to Robert Saleh's defensive scheme.  It would just feel like a crime not getting one with one of our 1st round picks (either one of the picks is fine with me).  We need to jumpstart this DLine and add a young talent to the group of Carl Lawson, JFM, Bryce Huff.... especially with Lawson's injury uncertainty.

Depending on how the picks fall there should be a good one with one of the second round picks too. I loved Azeez Ojulari last year and he fell to the late 2nd. He has 8 sacks this season as a rookie. Maybe Mjai Sanders, Ojabo, Drake Jackson, Trayvon Walker, Johnson, Karlaftis 

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I want an edge too - it's clearly a necessity to play this defense. 

Let's see how the combine goes:

I remember PFF, for all of their faults, had some segment that their scouting process is most predictive of edge players and their translation to the NFL - and it was almost entirely about tools: Height, weight, arm length, 10 yd split, 40 time, vertical & broad jumps. 

Let's just see how that plays out - there just might not be a guy that fits those metrics that lines up with our picks.

But all that being said, the team will only be as good as Zach Wilson and we have no idea if Becton is a going to bounce back. I want to make sure the tackle situation is good and that Wilson gets another elite weapon. 

Karlaftis III is the kind of player this team needs. This draft is more than just about skill. It’s about grit, fit and bona fides. It’s the same reason you can’t let a Berrios get away. These players are not about potential or upside. Berrios IS an All-Pro. He WAS clutch for Zach. Karlaftis isn’t a Becton, great upside. He WAS the crown jewel of a Purdue freshman class. He’s performed. He’s also versatile on D versus the run and pass, with leadership skills.

5 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I want an edge too - it's clearly a necessity to play this defense. 

Let's see how the combine goes:

I remember PFF, for all of their faults, had some segment that their scouting process is most predictive of edge players and their translation to the NFL - and it was almost entirely about tools: Height, weight, arm length, 10 yd split, 40 time, vertical & broad jumps. 

Let's just see how that plays out - there just might not be a guy that fits those metrics that lines up with our picks.

But all that being said, the team will only be as good as Zach Wilson and we have no idea if Becton is a going to bounce back. I want to make sure the tackle situation is good and that Wilson gets another elite weapon. 

Ojabo has the physical upside teams love but he’s raw. #10 might be the spot. 

8 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I watched that Michigan playoff game. He was invisible. Worse, he was barely on the field - I don't think they trust him against the run in college.

That makes me nervous.

Fair point. He’s green for sure, but as a prospect he’s enticing. A team that drafts him is buying his future and upside not his college career.

• Upvote 1

1. jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Bryce Young, QB, Alabama Alabama_logo.gif
    2022 NFL Mock Draft Pick (as of 12/8): Aidan Hutchinson, DE; Derek Stingley, CB

If the Jets are drafting this high in 2023, they'll be willing to give up on Zach Wilson. If the Cardinals could do it with Josh Rosen after one season, New York can determine that Wilson is a sunk cost after two.

Bryce Young has size issues - he's 5-11 - but he has drawn comparisons to Kyler Murray.

Looking forward to 2023.

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2022 at 3:10 PM, RedBeardedSavage said:

I watched that Michigan playoff game. He was invisible. Worse, he was barely on the field - I don't think they trust him against the run in college.

That makes me nervous.

Watching the game I actually thought he was injured because I didnt see him on the field ever.  To me he seems like a developmental 3-4 OLB as opposed to a 4-3 DE in this scheme.

As for guys I would love to see here 

Linderbaum - I just dont think we are gonna move on from McGovern but I cant stand how bad MCG is at running our protections.

Zion Johnson - Long term starting guard that will be available with one of our second round picks

Jeremy Ruckert - I want blocking first in a TE, the receiving will come later and he has the ability to be a better pro then college player when it comes to receiving. 

Lloyd/Dean - we need speed at LB

Tykee Smith - Safety who played at WVA and transferred to Georgia but got hurt.  Could be a player like Hall who is available in the 5th even though he likely has 3rd round value

Brian Robinson - I want a physical RB who can handle 10 touches and be the #2 to Carter

• Upvote 4