McShay and Jeremiah both have Jets taking a corner at pick 10

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, derp said:

You’re taking a massive leap there to the Jets underinvesting in defense in perpetuity. Or even this offseason.

Are the Jets going to be a Super Bowl contender this upcoming season?

I think their best path to being competitive quickly is adding offensive playmakers and bolstering the pass rush as much as possible. Akin to the Kansas City model.

The benefit to that on the defensive side of the football is that linemen tend to age better than corners who are pretty toast once they lose a step. I think that’s a position that is better to invest in when the team is farther along in the rebuild.

What I’m saying is this would be 3 years in a row investing in the offense heavy in the first 2 rounds. 2020 is becton and mims 2021 is Zach, avt, Moore 2022 people want OL (again sigh) wr, te, and 1 defensive player in edge. That’s 9/10 picks in the first 2 rounds on offense in 3 years. Leaving the defense in the dust.

There are so many holes on defense because of the lack of draft picks dedicated to that side of the ball. We might have the worse lb and safety rooms in the entire league, cbs are well below average. The dl is average to above average. That’s 1 unit out of 4 that’s average or above. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

What I’m saying is this would be 3 years in a row investing in the offense heavy in the first 2 rounds. 2020 is becton and mims 2021 is Zach, avt, Moore 2022 people want OL (again sigh) wr, te, and 1 defensive player in edge. That’s 9/10 picks in the first 2 rounds on offense in 3 years. Leaving the defense in the dust.

There are so many holes on defense because of the lack of draft picks dedicated to that side of the ball. We might have the worse lb and safety rooms in the entire league, cbs are well below average. The dl is average to above average. That’s 1 unit out of 4 that’s average or above. 

WR and TE rooms are the worst in the league. 

20 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

These are the guys I pay most attention to with the mocks considering their relationship with JD. It is interesting that they both have us going corner pick 10. I know all the experts on this board say the Jets don’t value corner play to be taken with a high pick however. Should be interesting!

EBAFAC7F-F791-44D0-9B81-1F38F8AE8978.png

They all got Wilson right, killing some peoples idea tha he came out of nowhere to be the 2nd overall pick.   that would be Mel Kiper, Daniel Jeremiah, Todd McShay and Vinnie Iyer

Interesting part is everyone had us taking a different players at number two.  killing the idea that McShay or Jeremiah had any inside info, anyone could have/should have guessed Wilson at two.  didnt take inside info.  No one got the 2dd pick right at all

19 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

You joking? The wr room is far from the worst in the league 

I do not think you know what the word “far” means.

Week 18 last year. None worse. And now?

Corey sucks, Berries is not signed. Coles gone. DJ Montgomery? Tarik Black? Jeff Smith? 

We have one legit WR and he’s 5-10  

Moore is it. 

Show me a worse room. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Corey sucks, Berries is not signed. Coles gone. DJ Montgomery? Tarik Black? Jeff Smith? 

Moore is it. 

Show me a worse room. 

I’m just about to give blood. I’ll come back to you. 

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They all got Wilson right, killing some peoples idea tha he came out of nowhere to be the 2nd overall pick.   that would be Mel Kiper, Daniel Jeremiah, Todd McShay and Vinnie Iyer

Interesting part is everyone had us taking a different players at number two.  killing the idea that McShay or Jeremiah had any inside info, anyone could have/should have guessed Wilson at two.  didnt take inside info.  No one got the 2dd pick right at all

CF06CE64-2F23-4851-933A-657F6136A122.png

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

I mean, that’s not remotely what you said.

There were so many holes on defense because the team was missing half their starters every game. 

Most of the defensive needs are non-premium positions that shouldn’t be addressed with top ten selections. I’d argue, as I just did in my prior post, that this isn’t the time in the rebuild to add at corner. That leaves edge.

The Jets started drafting offense in the first round in 2020. The prior 19 drafts they took four non quarterback offensive players in the first round. In the prior ten years they took zero non quarterback offensive players in the first round, the only offensive player drafted was Darnold. They’ve been drafting defense forever. It didn’t get them anywhere.

The best path for the Jets to be consistently competitive is to develop a franchise quarterback. The offense is bereft of skill talent. The offensive line is average to above average, receivers are below average, running backs are well below average, and tight ends might be the worst group in the league. It’s effectively where you listed the defense in terms of talent. But again, trying to develop a young quarterback. There’s a timer on that. They can rebuild the defense on the fly over the next couple of offseasons, when the team is maybe actually ready to be competitive, but they need to finish the offense ASAP.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, derp said:

There were so many holes on defense because the team was missing half their starters every game. 

Most of the defensive needs are non-premium positions that shouldn’t be addressed with top ten selections. I’d argue, as I just did in my prior post, that this isn’t the time in the rebuild to add at corner. That leaves edge.

The Jets started drafting offense in the first round in 2020. The prior 19 drafts they took four non quarterback offensive players in the first four rounds. In the prior ten years they took zero non quarterback offensive players, the only offensive player drafted was Darnold. They’ve been drafting defense forever. It didn’t get them anywhere.

The best path for the Jets to be consistently competitive is to develop a franchise quarterback. The offense is bereft of skill talent. The offensive line is average to above average, receivers are below average, running backs are well below average, and tight ends might be the worst group in the league. It’s effectively where you listed the defense in terms of talent. But again, trying to develop a young quarterback. There’s a timer on that. They can rebuild the defense on the fly over the next couple of offseasons, when the team is maybe actually ready to be competitive, but they need to finish the offense ASAP.

Dude’s giving blood. Probably feels weak, take it easy on him. 

Offense offense offense. This is the NFL, not the 300 defending against the Persians. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Moore is it. 

Show me a worse room. 

Patriots lions Brown’s saints bears giants ravens jags colts titans Are all the same or worse for 2022. That’s 10 teams. So yes FAR from the worst in the league 

Davis doesn’t suck. He’s not a great #1 but he’s a good #2. 

my arm hurts 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

These are the guys I pay most attention to with the mocks considering their relationship with JD. It is interesting that they both have us going corner pick 10. I know all the experts on this board say the Jets don’t value corner play to be taken with a high pick however. Should be interesting!

EBAFAC7F-F791-44D0-9B81-1F38F8AE8978.png

4B5A7D1F-324F-4952-92D3-54CA0364944F.png

dumb-and-dumber-jim-carrey.gif

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Patriots lions Brown’s saints bears giants ravens jags colts titans Are all the same or worse for 2022. That’s 10 teams. So yes FAR from the worst in the league 

my arm hurts 

You are wrong. 

And yes, Davis sucks. He’s not even a #3 at this point. Overpaid crap. 

• Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

my arm hurts 

Week 18 Jackobi Myers Nelson Agalor K’Neal Harry Amon Ra St Brown Quentin Cepheus Jarvis Landry Oliver Peoples Jones Rashard Higgins Michael Thomas Tre’Qoun Smith Marquez Calloway Kenny Stills Darnell Mooney Allen Robinson Kenny Golladay Kadarius Toney Sterling Shepard Darius Slayton Michael Pittman TY Hilton AJ Brown Julio Jones Marquise Brown Rashard Bateman Sammy Watkins DJ Clark Marvin Jones LaQuon Treadwell Lavishka Shenault Tavon Austin. 

By FAR the worst. 

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Week 18 Jackobi Myers Nelson Agalor K’Neal Harry Amon Ra St Brown Quentin Cepheus Jarvis Landry Oliver Peoples Jones Rashard Higgins Michael Thomas Tre’Qoun Smith Marquez Calloway Kenny Stills Darnell Mooney Allen Robinson Kenny Golladay Kadarius Toney Sterling Shepard Darius Slayton Michael Pittman TY Hilton AJ Brown Julio Jones Marquise Brown Rashard Bateman Sammy Watkins DJ Clark Marvin Jones LaQuon Treadwell Lavishka Shenault Tavon Austin. 

By FAR the worst. 

Why do you keep saying week 18? Aren’t we talking about 2022? We all know the top 2 wrs we’re injured 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Peace Frog said:

We have 1 good WR under contract. 

Our WR room sucks. Worst in the league.  

But yeah, let’s draft defense. 

Davis is a good wr…890+ yards twice in 5 years and would have been around that if he didn’t get injured this year. I get that you like him but he doesn’t suck 

2 hours ago, derp said:

The Jets started drafting offense in the first round in 2020. The prior 19 drafts they took four non quarterback offensive players in the first round. In the prior ten years they took zero non quarterback offensive players in the first round, the only offensive player drafted was Darnold. They’ve been drafting defense forever. It didn’t get them anywhere.

So exactly what is a “premium” position on D? Edge and that’s it? Because the jets need quality starters at every single position. 

You could say the same exact thing about the offense and why they weren’t good. All of the receivers were injured and the ol was a turnstile of new players. The difference is that the offensive players who were hurt are still on the roster for the most part in 2022. That’s not the case for the defense. 

There’s also the fact that the offense has young guys who have decently high potential like Zach, AVT, Moore, Becton, Carter. Who does the defense have like that? Q? Who else? They will keep getting better and will hopefully be good/great players. That’s not the case for the defense. 

You said when the jets drafted defense it got them nowhere. Did you forget the back to back afc championship games? 

46 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Davis is a good wr…890+ yards twice in 5 years and would have been around that if he didn’t get injured this year. I get that you like him but he doesn’t suck 

So Moore and Davis warrant drafting defense over surrounding our young QB with talent?

We have different ideas how to make us competitive.  

43 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

So exactly what is a “premium” position on D? Edge and that’s it? Because the jets need quality starters at every single position. 

You could say the same exact thing about the offense and why they weren’t good. All of the receivers were injured and the ol was a turnstile of new players. The difference is that the offensive players who were hurt are still on the roster for the most part in 2022. That’s not the case for the defense. 

There’s also the fact that the offense has young guys who have decently high potential like Zach, AVT, Moore, Becton, Carter. Who does the defense have like that? Q? Who else? They will keep getting better and will hopefully be good/great players. That’s not the case for the defense. 

You said when the jets drafted defense it got them nowhere. Did you forget the back to back afc championship games? 

Edge, DT, and corner. But again, I’ve addressed corner, and nobody is going to be happy about a DT in the first round.

The Jets can add talent but not depth at corner and linebacker, though again I’ve addressed corner and linebacker is non-premium and they only play two, and safety is a non-premium spot.

My statements regarding the quality of play on the offense and defense took injuries into account on both sides, so I disagree with your second paragraph. The offensive talent is what I stated coming back into 2022 accounting for the injuries.

You’re stretching for the offensive potential. And even so those guys don’t constitute adequate skill talent. Carter is a timeshare back and Moore isn’t enough in the passing game. There’s a very real chance Becton has no future with the team.

The consecutive defensive picks minus Darnold came after the back to back AFC championship games. That success happened when they a) built the OL and b) added skill talent via trade. The defense was built in FA and the only defensive first round picks on those rosters were Revis and Gholston and obviously Gholston made no impact. And the offensive first round picks were Sanchez, Keller, Ferguson, and Mangold. So no, didn’t forget anything.

20 minutes ago, derp said:

Edge, DT, and corner. But again, I’ve addressed corner, and nobody is going to be happy about a DT in the first round.

The Jets can add talent but not depth at corner and linebacker, though again I’ve addressed corner and linebacker is non-premium and they only play two, and safety is a non-premium spot.

My statements regarding the quality of play on the offense and defense took injuries into account on both sides, so I disagree with your second paragraph. The offensive talent is what I stated coming back into 2022 accounting for the injuries.

You’re stretching for the offensive potential. And even so those guys don’t constitute adequate skill talent. Carter is a timeshare back and Moore isn’t enough in the passing game. There’s a very real chance Becton has no future with the team.

The consecutive defensive picks minus Darnold came after the back to back AFC championship games. That success happened when they a) built the OL and b) added skill talent via trade. The defense was built in FA and the only defensive first round picks on those rosters were Revis and Gholston and obviously Gholston made no impact. And the offensive first round picks were Sanchez, Keller, Ferguson, and Mangold. So no, didn’t forget anything.

Sean Ellis and Bryan Thomas were both 1st round picks on that team. That makes 3 first round picks on D. 

Could the reason they only played 2 lbs be because there were no starting quality guys on the roster besides Mosley? The run D was a sieve because of that. 

Im not saying that I don’t want any offense in the first few rounds. Ideally I want to trade back 4, but if we have to stay then take edge at 4 hutch/thibs, if they aren’t there then take Hamilton. Gardener/Lloyd at 10. At 35/38 take edge if one wasn’t taken at 4 if one was then take McBride/ol/wr/kyler Gordon/Muma 

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

? I’m not a Zach hater. Those games showed that the offense can play well with what we have. Add a te or 2 and sign/draft a mid tier wr. Rookie qbs struggle

My point. Add offense. WRs and TEs and RBs and build the OLine. 

Do not use high draft choices on defense. 

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

My point. Add offense. WRs and TEs and RBs and build the OLine. 

Do not use high draft choices on defense. 

This doesn’t make sense. So the offense showed they can play very well right? If Zach improves then he can play even better than white did with them. The offense was #1 in the entire league in yards while he was out. The defense however was consistently terrible. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, BurntDice said:

This doesn’t make sense. So the offense showed they can play very well right? If Zach improves then he can play even better than white did with them. The offense was #1 in the entire league in yards while he was out. The defense however was consistently terrible. 

Lol the White offense. Hahahaha. 

Now I get it, was right the first time.  

This offense has zero playmakers. 

Moore. Carter. 

Thats it. 

Yeah, let’s build the defense in an offensive driven league.