JD and his creation of his team...

Over the past few years, JD has dumped players from previous regimes and added players to fit his scheme...the upcoming draft and team cuts remain to fill his first few years.  We're going to be very competitive and we're going to win games this coming season...how many games we win I couldn't tell you.  A lot rests on the shoulders of ZW because this kid has to show big strides...and I mean big.  Next year, you will see a different JD on how he approaches FA.  Forget these stop gap players he's been signing because he will go after big name FA to fill any holes he's missed over the past few years.  And like I mentioned, a lot falls on ZW because if he isn't the franchise QB, well we won't be back to square one, but JD will be looking for a replacement that fits his model.  What do you people think?

4 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Completely. So different that we’re already talking about drafting an OT in the first round to replace the failed OT he drafted 2 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Remains to be seen if Becton is the failure some people on this board seems to think he is. He did show a lot of promise in being a excellent LT his rookie year 

7 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Completely. So different that we’re already talking about drafting an OT in the first round to replace the failed OT he drafted 2 years ago.

We who? You mean clueless fans? Talking heads on the media needing headlines to survive?

No-one else of consequence is talking about drafting an OT so your point is baseless. 

image.jpeg.a4cf9470a5f0f87caeaf5a4c64a820a1.jpeg

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

He is if we draft Ekwonu.

The o line is really not set past this upcoming year with the possibility of Big George and McGovern leaving so this is not necessarily true and would not make Becton a bust even if Ekwonu is drafted. 
Me personally would like to see Big George resigned so LT position is set for the next few years move Becton to RT and draft the kid Zion to play center next year this way the o line will be together for the foreseeable future   Fant , LVT, Zion, Laken & Becton would be a dominant.     o line for a good 4-5 years 

We who? You mean clueless fans? Talking heads on the media needing headlines to survive?
No-one else of consequence is talking about drafting an OT so your point is baseless. 
image.jpeg.a4cf9470a5f0f87caeaf5a4c64a820a1.jpeg

I’m with you, we absolutely should not be drafting Ekwonu or Neal. GM’s should not have a free ticket to keep throwing away draft picks at a position until they get it right. That said he should have kept Morgan Moses, because when Becton gets his next hangnail and misses multiple games again we have no answers now and yet again I’ll be seeing all the posts from everyone saying Zach needs another year to be properly evaluated

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I’m with you, we absolutely should not be drafting Ekwonu or Neal. GM’s should not have a free ticket to keep throwing away draft picks at a position until they get it right. That said he should have kept Morgan Moses, because when Becton gets his next hangnail and misses multiple games again we have no answers now and yet again I’ll be seeing all the posts from everyone saying Zach needs another year to be properly evaluated emoji849.png

We still need to get that DT spot figured out. We're obviously going to have to go 

1.4 DT

1.10 DT

2.35 DT

2.38 DT

The Child D GIF by Disney+

BTW, why is Starbuck hanging out in Star Wars? Weird.

5 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I’m with you, we absolutely should not be drafting Ekwonu or Neal. GM’s should not have a free ticket to keep throwing away draft picks at a position until they get it right. That said he should have kept Morgan Moses, because when Becton gets his next hangnail and misses multiple games again we have no answers now and yet again I’ll be seeing all the posts from everyone saying Zach needs another year to be properly evaluated emoji849.png

I was definitely in favor of resigning Moses but he wanted the chance to start and have a longer term contract. 

I was definitely in favor of resigning Moses but he wanted the chance to start and have a longer term contract. 

He had a chance to start here, his competition is made of glass and is having twitter meltdowns at people calling him fat and lazy (newsflash he’s fat and lazy), and we could have (and should have) given him a longer contract.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

No you’re spending far too much time whining about his first draft of two years ago for the HC he had nothing to with.  And for one player in that draft, because of perceived issues that at this point isn’t a proven issue other than he’s to blame for a player rolling up on his knee

And the only time anyone mentioned drafting for the OL wasn’t because of Becton, it’s was before the FA and the LT signing.  Only you think we’re drafting an T.   The only we are you and…you

11 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

He had a chance to start here, his competition is made of glass and is having twitter meltdowns at people calling him fat and lazy (newsflash he’s fat and lazy), and we could have (and should have) given him a longer contract.

Yes, that he’s being trolled on Twitter like yourself is disconcerting.  LOL

No you’re spending far too much time whining about his first draft of two years ago for the HC he had nothing to with.  And for one player in that draft, because of perceived issues that at this point isn’t a proven issue other than he’s to blame for a player rolling up on his knee
And the only time anyone mentioned drafting for the OL wasn’t because of Becton, it’s was before the FA and the LT signing.  Only you think we’re drafting an T.

And then missed the entire season for a 6-8 week injury, but because he’s such a unique and special athlete he takes so much longer, right? Of course this was after he missed 30% of his rookie season. He’s so unreliable that he lost his starting job at LT and pundits and fans are wanting us to use 4 to draft Neal and Ekwonu, but yes Jet Nut aim the unreasonable one

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Again it remains to be seen if he is made of glass and I really don’t pay much attention to what’s on twitter in any topic be it politics , football or whatever don’t have any social media accounts with this being the lone exceptioN. With that said I am Not willing to give up on him just yet I am basing this on the promise of his rookie year when he was being considered for a spot on the Pro- Bowl team if I remember correctly This year is a big one for Becton and the Jets to see if he is good enough to trigger the options of his first contract 

• Upvote 1

Again it remains to be seen if he is made of glass and I really don’t pay much attention to what’s on twitter in any topic be it politics , football or whatever don’t have any social media accounts with this being the lone exceptioN. With that said I am Not willing to give up on him just yet I am basing this on the promise of his rookie year when he was being considered for a spot on the Pro- Bowl team if I remember correctly This year is a big one for Becton and the Jets to see if he is good enough to trigger the options of his first contract 

I’m not saying give up on him, but we have zero insurance for him now since we let Moses walk. I also agree we shouldn’t be drafting his replacement. My point is we’re having this conversation because Douglas got cute and drafted a guy on potential rather than performance. Everything negative were experiencing with Becton was a red flag on him as a prospect. I get that not every player hits but a team with so many deficiencies does not have the luxury to take flyers on players who’s potential outshines their actual performance relative to their peers. Douglas had better and safer options on the board when he took Becton.

And then missed the entire season for a 6-8 week injury, but because he’s such a unique and special athlete he takes so much longer, right? Of course this was after he missed 30% of his rookie season. He’s so unreliable that he lost his starting job at LT and pundits and fans are wanting us to use 4 to draft Neal and Ekwonu, but yes Jet Nut aim the unreasonable one emoji849.png

Calling Dr Snell, what was the guaranteed time needed for a 360 lb athlete to return from a knee injury like the one Becton had? 
‘Link to all the pundits who are calling for the Jets to draft a LT today?  Not including yourself.  

If ZW isn't the answer as FQB...both JD-Saleh may be replaced...as well as Zack.  

I've consistently advocated that JD-Saleh...having committed the 2nd overall pick in the 2021 draft on Wilson.  Have to make him their primary focus in offseason.  Especially since he struggled and only threw for 9 TDs last year.  His two primary receiver targets...Corey Davis and Elijah Moore...missed 14 games combined.  So neither of them should be considered that high volume go-to receiver that's needed.  Right now...that type of wideout is a mystery.   IMO...currently not yet in a Jets uniform.  There's still time for JD to get a veteran wideout with decent production. 

Yes...a lot of pressure is on ZW to significantly improve this upcoming season.  It's up to JD-Saleh to add to this offense in the draft.  WR-RB-TE-OL are positions needed to be addressed in this draft.  Of course..as well as...Edge-LB-DT-Safety-CB too. 

FA isn't over and the draft is yet to come.  I'm hoping JD knocks this draft out of the park.  That Senior Bowl experience should give Jets a bit of a draft advantage in those 4th-5th rounds.  Hope JD can snare a couple of diamonds there. 

None of the additions made this offseason will move the needle much...if ZW doesn't get up to throwing 20+ TDs speed this season.  That's the kind of success he needs to have this year.  Put more points on that scoreboard.  And It's up to JD-Saleh to focus on getting Zach the necessary tools to succeed.   This draft is crucial for his further development.

In the end...I believe in ZW's talent.  And expect him to take a big step forward.  If JD gets this offense up to speed in the remaining FA period and the draft.  Zach Wilson will show us he can rock and roll and compete in the AFCE.  

Lets see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I’m not saying give up on him, but we have zero insurance for him now since we let Moses walk. I also agree we shouldn’t be drafting his replacement. My point is we’re having this conversation because Douglas got cute and drafted a guy on potential rather than performance. Everything negative were experiencing with Becton was a red flag on him as a prospect. I get that not every player hits but a team with so many deficiencies does not have the luxury to take flyers on players who’s potential outshines their actual performance relative to their peers. Douglas had better and safer options on the board when he took Becton.

You want to use the 4th over all pick on insurance.  
But you haven’t given up on him?

And you’re complaining about our GM?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

And then missed the entire season for a 6-8 week injury, but because he’s such a unique and special athlete he takes so much longer, right? Of course this was after he missed 30% of his rookie season. He’s so unreliable that he lost his starting job at LT and pundits and fans are wanting us to use 4 to draft Neal and Ekwonu, but yes Jet Nut aim the unreasonable one emoji849.png

We just don’t know how people heal from injury or illness. I have stated this on a couple of occasions that Bectons injury was similar or the same as on Klecko had many years ago maybe 3-4 weeks into the season and was out until the playoffs or last game of regular season ( don’t remember exactly) and was a mere shell of his ALL PRO self. Not going to label him a bust or fat and lazy just yet. Let’s what shape he comes to training camp in and how hard he works at his craft. Hopefully he has learned a lot this past season 

1 hour ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Over the past few years, JD has dumped players from previous regimes and added players to fit his scheme...the upcoming draft and team cuts remain to fill his first few years.  We're going to be very competitive and we're going to win games this coming season...how many games we win I couldn't tell you.  A lot rests on the shoulders of ZW because this kid has to show big strides...and I mean big.  Next year, you will see a different JD on how he approaches FA.  Forget these stop gap players he's been signing because he will go after big name FA to fill any holes he's missed over the past few years.  And like I mentioned, a lot falls on ZW because if he isn't the franchise QB, well we won't be back to square one, but JD will be looking for a replacement that fits his model.  What do you people think?

Unfortunately, JD will go along with ZW wherever that direction may be. And we are asking ZW to take a huge leap without providing him a good WR. Odds are stacked against that giant leap. 

Calling Dr Snell, what was the guaranteed time needed for a 360 lb athlete to return from a knee injury like the one Becton had? 
‘Link to all the pundits who are calling for the Jets to draft a LT today?  Not including yourself.  

Dude it’s been all over this board in mocks and threads begging that we draft Ekwonu it’s ridiculous. And given that the standard NFL guidelines listed 6-8 weeks for his injury I’ll take their word over Dr Jet Nut. Oh wait that’s right, Becton is such a unique and special athlete that his injuries take so much longer to heal for him. I can’t imagine how other teams like KC deal with their far less gifted athletes like Mahomes, who missed 2 weeks for basically the same injury.

6 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

We also have no insurance that Big George will stick around after this year. Although it’s not my preference to take another tackle I would not be all that upset if we did  (being the dinosaur that I am I do believe that games are won and lost due to line play on both sides of ball and strong running game are keys to consistently winnings teams)

Now on the other hand if Big George signs an extension prior to draft day and JD still drafts Neal or Ekwonu then that’s a red flag on Bectons status in the coaching staff eyes and then JD should be vilified on the pick and rightfully so 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Dude it’s been all over this board in mocks and threads begging that we draft Ekwonu it’s ridiculous. And given that the standard NFL guidelines listed 6-8 weeks for his injury I’ll take their word over Dr Jet Nut. Oh wait that’s right, Becton is such a unique and special athlete that his injuries take so much longer to heal for him. I can’t imagine how other teams like KC deal with their far less gifted athletes like Mahomes, who missed 2 weeks for basically the same injury.

Link to a standard NFL guideline for a damaged knee?  

Current mocks that have us drafting OL with the 4th.  Other than you. 
How about a simple one, that Mahomes knee sprain was basically the same as Becton, that they were one and the same.  You’ve seen inside each knee.  Lol