Poll: What is your confidence level in Joe Flacco right now?

TuscanyTile2

Poll: What is your confidence level in Joe Flacco right now?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: What is your confidence level in Joe Flacco right now?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/25/2022 at 04:59 PM

5 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

it's incredible how reactionary this forum is week to week.

There's only 17 games in a season.  The most important data points are always going to be the most recent ones.

Even still, its not just 1 game of data we have on Joe Flacco as a Jets QB.  He was the best QB on the roster, statistically, in 2020 as well.  He also performed well in 2021 in his lone start. 

It was only in Week 1 of this season where he looked and performed in a lousy fashion.  That might just be more of the aberration rather than the rule.  

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Of course.  But he needs to play in real games in order to do that.  That's why (assuming health) he'll be starting week 4.

If the coaching staff sees Zach Wilson making no progress in practice why put him into real games?

Christian Hackenberg never saw NFL action yet no one doubts for a moment he was trash.  

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

If the coaching staff sees Zach Wilson making no progress in practice why put him into real games?

Christian Hackenberg never saw NFL action yet no one doubts for a moment he was trash.  

If they viewed ZW the way they viewed CH, they probably would've tried to trade for a QB this past offseason.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I know he made the plays when given the opportunity, but if Chubb takes a knee, Flacco is 0-2 with 3 touchdowns and averaging about 240 yds per game.

And we'd all be pointing to the bad Fumble he had in Browns territory where he didn't sense pressure and step up into the pocket . 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Neither is Zach Wilson.  So might as well start the guy who's actually, you know, producing a bit for a couple more weeks.

That's your prediction based on your opinion.  Opinion and prediction are fairly useless.  I have no idea whether Wilson can become good.  As of this time, he is a bad starting QB, but whether that can change is a highly important purpose of the 2022 season, among others.  I need to see him play for a while after this injury before I can join you in the "I'm convinced" garage.  Right now I am disappointingly undecided.  He needs to get back on the field.  Flacco sucks and is not the future and therefore should not be out there.  The NY Jets need to decide if Wilson is the future, so Wilson needs to get back out there.  I don't think they give a crap about our opinions here.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's only 17 games in a season.  The most important data points are always going to be the most recent ones.

Even still, its not just 1 game of data we have on Joe Flacco as a Jets QB.  He was the best QB on the roster, statistically, in 2020 as well.  He also performed well in 2021 in his lone start. 

It was only in Week 1 of this season where he looked and performed in a lousy fashion.  That might just be more of the aberration rather than the rule.  

and none of it is relevant to the future of the NY Jets. To the bench ASAP.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Wally Pipped?!  Flacco is 37 years old.  He is not any part of the future of this team.  And if he is, then JD should be fired immediately.

Btw, it too People are giving him WAAAAY too much credit right now. It took an absolute miracle for Flacco to get a win.   Back to the bench he goes the moment ZW gets healthy, no matter how well Flacco is playing.  And that's the way it should be, too.

The Jets scored 31 points.  No help from the D with field position or turnovers either.   Flacco threw for over 300 yds and the rush offense didnt contribute much.   Im not saying he is the future-thats another discussion-but he did contribute muchly to the win.

It took the offense getting the ball twice without needing a defensive stop to win!!  THAT was the miracle.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Btw, it took an absolute miracle for Flacco to get a win.  People are giving him WAAAAY too much credit right now.  Back to the bench he goes the moment ZW gets healthy, no matter how well Flacco is playing.  And that's the way it should be, too.

He's getting credit for the two big 4th quarter drives, which were money. 

It is well deserved. 

He missed GW a few times earlier in the game and missed an open deep shot, but he was money when he had to be. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not going to happen.  Zach will start when healthy and he will be evaluated this year.  He's going to be put into real games even if there are issues in practice. 

15 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

He won’t lose us many games, but he won’t win us many.  If every other part of our team shows up, I’m fine with Joe.  If they don’t show up, we’re screwed.

Zach, on the other hand, is the complete opposite.  He has the potential to save games for us and he also had the potential to ruin games for us.

Think Garrett Wilson is going to make who ever plays QB look very good. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just like Christian Hackenberg ended up being put into "real games" right

You picked the worst possible analogy to support whatever it is you are argiung.  Hackenburg was an aberration.  Zach has already started games. Using Hackenberg as evidence against starting Zach Wilson once healthy enough is just about the silliest thing I've ever read from you.  Good one.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

The Jets scored 31 points.  No help from the D with field position or turnovers either.   Flacco threw for over 300 yds and the rush offense didnt contribute much.   Im not saying he is the future-thats another discussion-but he did contribute muchly to the win.

It took the offense getting the ball twice without needing a defensive stop to win!!  THAT was the miracle.

Again i'm not complaining , I'd love the Jets to score 30+ pts every week. But I know they can't rely on 1) a Fake punt conversion 2) an onsides kick conversion 3) a blown coverage where no defender was within 25 yards of Corey Davis .  Those are 3 things with fairly low probabilities happening by themselves forget about all within one game . Flacco was clutch when he needed to , especially in the last drive, but his gameplay was not indicative of a 31 pt performance on O.  

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

You picked the worst possible analogy to support whatever it is you are argiung.  Hackenburg was an aberration.  Zach has already started games. Using Hackenberg as evidence against starting Zach Wilson once healthy enough is just about the silliest thing I've ever read from you.  Good one.

How so?  My point was the coaches see what Wilson is doing in practice.  So if they elect to delay starting him, that would be a clear sign they're not impressed with what they see in terms of his progress as a QB enough to put him in over Flacco. 

Thus, we wouldn't need to see him play in "actual games" to know he sucks.  The coaches would be seeing it for themselves every day.