Let's Face It Guys... The Future Is Now!

SoFlaJets

Reasons to believe:

1. The weaponzzzz are legit. 

2. Zach should be reeeeealy healthy at this point. lol. I'm not worried about his knee and they will only have him out there if they are confident its strong enough to handle the rigors of a full NFL game, etc.  

3. The ceiling/talent is there. I don't care what you think of Zach (bust/unproven/tbd/JAG/superstar in the making)...his UPSIDE is unmistakable. And frankly, if you want to add a rose color tint to things, at the tail end of last season he was trending up and cutting down on most of his weaknesses and mistakes. 

Reasons to be skeptical:

1. We have not seen him blow up yet. Zach has yet to throw for more than 2 TDs in a game. Yikes. 

2. The O-line is in rough shape protecting the QB. With McDermott and Mitchell as potentially your starting tackles. Again. Yikes. You could put Mahomes back there and he would lay an egg.  

3. Time off. Very rarely have I seen so much time off benefit a young QB. He will definitely show rust/look a bit rattled/play conservative/make mistakes in his first regular season game since what? January 9th in Buffalo??? That's 9 months without playing a meaningful game.   

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Reasons to believe:

1. The weaponzzzz are legit. 

2. Zach should be reeeeealy healthy at this point. lol. I'm not worried about his knee and they will only have him out there if they are confident its strong enough to handle the rigors of a full NFL game, etc.  

3. The ceiling/talent is there. I don't care what you think of Zach (bust/unproven/tbd/JAG/superstar in the making)...his UPSIDE is unmistakable. And frankly, if you want to add a rose color tint to things, at the tail end of last season he was trending up and cutting down on most of his weaknesses and mistakes. 

Reasons to be skeptical:

1. We have not seen him blow up yet. Zach has yet to throw for more than 2 TDs in a game. Yikes. 

2. The O-line is in rough shape protecting the QB. With McDermott and Mitchell as potentially your starting tackles. Again. Yikes. You could put Mahomes back there and he would lay an egg.  

3. Time off. Very rarely have I seen so much time off benefit a young QB. He will definitely show rust/look a bit rattled/play conservative/make mistakes in his first regular season game since what? January 9th in Buffalo??? That's 9 months without playing a meaningful game.   

For 2. we have to hope Zack having more mobility will take some pressure off the Oline, but yes especially on the blind side with McDermott, Yikes!.

4 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

It all starts with this next game in Pittsburgh, Zach Wilson is going to light up the NFL in a way not seen by a sophomore QB since Kurt Warner of the 1999 St. Louis Rams. When he compiled a 13-3 record (3-0 postseason), won Super Bowl XXXIV, and went 325-of-499 (65.1 percent) for 4,353 yards, 41 TD, 13 INT, 109.2 passer rating. Wilson will show no ill effects from his 2 knee surgeries and the New York Jets will have finally found another homegrown franchise quarterback. The Jets are now on the verge of being set at the position for the next dozen years or so. Hang on to those season tickets you guys, they are about to be the hottest seats to have in all the Metropolitan Area. I believe do YOU?

I agree except double the yards and TDs, and adjust the passer rating accordingly:

8,706 yards, 82 TD 158.3 passer rating

4 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

It all starts with this next game in Pittsburgh, Zach Wilson is going to light up the NFL in a way not seen by a sophomore QB since Kurt Warner of the 1999 St. Louis Rams. When he compiled a 13-3 record (3-0 postseason), won Super Bowl XXXIV, and went 325-of-499 (65.1 percent) for 4,353 yards, 41 TD, 13 INT, 109.2 passer rating. Wilson will show no ill effects from his 2 knee surgeries and the New York Jets will have finally found another homegrown franchise quarterback. The Jets are now on the verge of being set at the position for the next dozen years or so. Hang on to those season tickets you guys, they are about to be the hottest seats to have in all the Metropolitan Area. I believe do YOU?

Woah, somebody broke Jimmy. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Woah, somebody broke Jimmy. 

What happened Sal is I hadn't watched  a whole MLB game since the final game of the 2001 World Series when Alex Gonzalez blooped a game winning single over second base to give the World Championship to the friggin' Arizona Diamondbacks. So I start really paying attention because of Aaron Judge chasing history and I have been watching every game-ever since that night I started watching Judge hasn't been able to hit #61. 

Now there's this kid who has been getting all excited about the Jets now for the past 2 seasons only to watch and start to get emotionally involved again, when I swore I was done. Damn that kid who has Jets Central.

I have become convinced that "I" am the jinx, it isn't Namath selling his soul, no it's all my fault. On the day I was born the Brooklyn Dodgers beat the Yankees in Yankee Stadium win the 1955 World Series for the 1st time ever against them; ON THE DAY I WAS BORN! I haven't figured out what I did to deserve what has happened to the Jets, it might have something to do with me actually telling Dolphins fans back in the 80's that I envied them for having such a great QB like Marino and the Marks Brothers to throw to. I think I screwed up some cosmic karmic thing and the bolt of badness struck Leon Hess dead and gave us the biggest idiot for an owner forcing anyone with any real football acumen to split but quick.

Oh yea, by the way I have changed the channel I can't watch anymore baseball somebody let me know if and when Judge hits one out OK? I'm back on the Rockford Files, Kojak merry go round

11 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Beauty Looking GIF

• Haha 1