3 Draft Picks in the Top 35

Smizzy

I don't know about the rest of you...But im really excited to have 3 picks in the top 35 and a decent 3rd and 2 4th's...I can't wait to see what Magini & Co. do and what direction they take this team.

Never thought rebuilding would fell this good. Nothing like shedding the dead skin.

I don't know about the rest of you...But im really excited to have 3 picks in the top 35 and a decent 3rd and 2 4th's...I can't wait to see what Magini & Co. do and what direction they take this team.

Never thought rebuilding would fell this good. Nothing like shedding the dead skin.

Way to put your picks out there ;)

#4 Mario Williams DE

#29 Nick Mangold C

#35 Bobby Carpenter OLB (perfect for 3-4)

I'd piss myself if we finished day one with those 3 plus some guys in the 3rd round with our pick and potentially a Jordan comp pick. Imagine walking out of day 1 of the draft with

Mario Williams

Nick Mangold

Bobby Carpenter/Laurence Maroney

Brodie Croyle

Joe Toledo/Jeremy Trueblood/Anthony Fasano

What a year to have all of these picks

Way to put your picks out there ;)

#4-D'BrickaShaw Ferguson

#29- Nick Mangold/ Manny lawson(Never be there @29)

#35- Max Jean Giles

Id stock up on beef.

Although If I could grab Manny lawson D'Bick and either Giles or Mangold id be set take it.

What 3 players would you target?

no trading up...

I haven't sat down and thought this through completely but just off the top of my head. This is just a teaser.

#4-D'Brickshaw Ferguson-LT-Virginia

#29-Nick Mangold-C-Ohio State

#35-Brodie Croyle-QB-Alabama

Any new word on the Vikes trade. I would love to have 5 in the first 2 rounds. Or steal denvers 2 #1'S for our 4 so they can take young or Cutler. 15, 22, 29, 35 sounds sweet.

If we pulled that off with Denver I'd bow down before Tannenbaum. I doubt they have the cap space for a #4 pick though.

Any new word on the Vikes trade. I would love to have 5 in the first 2 rounds. Or steal denvers 2 #1'S for our 4 so they can take young or Cutler. 15, 22, 29, 35 sounds sweet.

Does Denver really want to get a QB, and tie up major $$$$ in that position? Can they afford to?

All of your posts show one thing in common, namely that with those three picks we will more likely than not end up with 3 solid players that could have immediate impact (assuming no trade up). That is HUGE for our team, maybe we won't need to rebuild after all.;)

On to my picks:

#4 Super Mario/D'Brick

#29 Gabe Watson

#35 Max Jean Giles

I think all the leinert talk is a smokecreen (although, Mangini is close with carrol so who knows)..I would NOT trade up for a qb who will most likely sit the bench this year...

if we trade up it needs to be for an impact player..

Trade up for BUSH!!!!

Or draft ot, dt and QB with the first 3 picks...

Cutler

Mangold or Gilles (depending on what they think of Katnik)

Best remaing RT.

For a Center, we could wait on Cook, who is also projected as a possible tackle in the NFL. Unfortunatley, there aren't many good 3-4 NT's in this draft. A late sleeper like LeKevin Smith is what I'd do for the D line. With the potential 3rd round comp for Jordan, I'd look at the available linebackers. :)

When did the Jets receive a 3rd round comp pick for Jordan?:eek:

If they do get a 3rd rounder, it will be for McKenzie and not Jordan.

There are a couple of guys, one in particular that has a very respected comp pick forecast he does each year, apparently with a very solid track record. He said a third or a fourth for Jordan, but it was close.... and he went with a third. So, that's why I said "potential"..... because I sure don't understand how comp picks get calculated and warded.... do you?

because I sure don't understand how comp picks get calculated and warded.... do you?

I have no idea what the formula is for awarding comp picks.

I know it has something to do with net FA gains/losses, amount of contract and playing performance on the field.

How it all works out, I have no clue.

One thing to keep in mind, 3rd round comp picks are extremely rare.

Archived