Zach Wilson: “I’ve learned from my mistakes”

Mario

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

I can’t explain how sick I am of having incompetent QB play. At what point do we get this sh*t right? How is it even remotely possible to go this long without a top tier QB? 

Wilson’s 2nd and 3rd interception are inexcusable. It just doesn’t make sense to me. I’m sick of it. 

How is it possible?? Who was the last coach who we brought in who had a clue on how to recognize, and develop a QB? We keep bringing in rookie HC's, who basically bring in rookie OC's. You think its a coincidence that Reid selected and developed Mahomes? Its not. You want top tier QB play? Bring in someone who knows what they are looking at and how to develop a QB, until then, enjoy the show or keep hoping to hit the lottery. And remember, hope is not a strategy...

• Upvote 1

On 11/4/2022 at 9:27 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

I hope hes learned cause hes got 2 quarters to prove it or its white mike time.

dont put White in at the half for his 1st game against the best defense. we would be setting him up to fail. let Zach finish and give White the NE game. if White fails were going back to Zach for the rest of the year. so lets be fair and give White a game from start to finish.

if Zach is bad enough to bench in game, White will be coming into a rout. not fair to him. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, doitny said:

dont put White in at the half for his 1st game against the best defense. we would be setting him up to fail. let Zach finish and give White the NE game. if White fails were going back to Zach for the rest of the year. so lets be fair and give White a game from start to finish.

if Zach is bad enough to bench in game, White will be coming into a rout. not fair to him. 

I think if Zach meets a hot piece of A$$ it can help.

It definitely can' hurt.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

How is it possible?? Who was the last coach who we brought in who had a clue on how to recognize, and develop a QB? We keep bringing in rookie HC's, who basically bring in rookie OC's. You think its a coincidence that Reid selected and developed Mahomes? Its not. You want top tier QB play? Bring in someone who knows what they are looking at and how to develop a QB, until then, enjoy the show or keep hoping to hit the lottery. And remember, hope is not a strategy...

so if Reid drafted Josh Rosen he would be a superstar and Mahomes would be a 1 year bust? im not buying it.

Saleh and ML might be rookies at their new jobs but they have been in the NFL for a while now. and JD has alot of experience. im sure they know what they're looking at. some guys just cant make the jump from college to the pros.

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

so if Reid drafted Josh Rosen he would be a superstar and Mahomes would be a 1 year bust? im not buying it.

Saleh and ML might be rookies at their new jobs but they have been in the NFL for a while now. and JD has alot of experience. im sure they know what they're looking at. some guys just cant make the jump from college to the pros.

Although, I don't believe Lafleur is doing him any favors.  The offensive play-calling has been in the sh!tter for a year and a half now.  Will the game slow down for Zach?  Only time will tell.  And I believe there's still plenty of time to turn things around.  That's my hope anyway.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

Don't know why you're comparing Zach Wilson to Josh Rosen. He never made it because on top of sucking, he also had an inflated opinion of himself and was a dirt-bag to everybody around him. He was a disease to the franchise and so they got rid of him as quick as possible. Zach Wilson might suck a lot but comparing him to Rosen is just as bad or maybe even worse than comparing him to Josh Allen.

Wilson may not be the superstar Mahomes would be if Reid drafted him but he likely would be at least ok. Reid made pretty much every QB to play for him look better than normal. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Don't know why you're comparing Zach Wilson to Josh Rosen. He never made it because on top of sucking, he also had an inflated opinion of himself and was a dirt-bag to everybody around him. He was a disease to the franchise and so they got rid of him as quick as possible. Zach Wilson might suck a lot but comparing him to Rosen is just as bad or maybe even worse than comparing him to Josh Allen.

Wilson may not be the superstar Mahomes would be if Reid drafted him but he likely would be at least ok. Reid made pretty much every QB to play for him look better than normal. 

if you dont like Rosen thats fine, pick whatever 1st rd bust you want. my point was that i dont believe that coaching made those guys bust.

and if Reid made Wilson an ok QB thats not good enough. he would have dumped him soon after. ok QBs dont win you SBs. yes i know about the Trent Dilfers of the world winning a SB but thats not what we want. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Zach was 4-0 then he lost his 2 best playmakers and his best o lineman - give the kid a break. Zach isn’t going anywhere - he will learn to make plays with who he has to work with now. It unfortunately doesn’t happen overnight for Zach. 

This is correct.  It's the miserable Jet fans that hated Wilson pre-draft that are in their glory this week.  These are the people that disappeared from here for a month - then showed up with glee after Zach had a bad game.

I've said this over and over again - Zach had a long way to go and it was always going to be 2 steps forward = one step back.  ....That's the way it works.  Good QB's have bad games.  Zach is 4-1 as a starter.....It's amazing how much his own fans hate him.  I really feel bad for the kid.  

I hope he looks great and then demands a trade - that's what this fan base deserves.

There is no doubt in my mind the NY Jets fan base is the absolute worst in the NFL - likely in all of sports.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is correct.  It's the miserable Jet fans that hated Wilson pre-draft that are in their glory this week.  These are the people that disappeared from here for a month - then showed up with glee after Zach had a bad game.

I've said this over and over again - Zach had a long way to go and it was always going to be 2 steps forward = one step back.  ....That's the way it works.  Good QB's have bad games.  Zach is 4-1 as a starter.....It's amazing how much his own fans hate him.  I really feel bad for the kid.  

I hope he looks great and then demands a trade - that's what this fan base deserves.

There is no doubt in my mind the NY Jets fan base is the absolute worst in the NFL - likely in all of sports.

This very well may be true. Yes, he lost his stud running back and best O lineman but we still field a pretty solid offense and a pretty damn good defense. 

I just can’t see what he’s gotten better at. Protecting the ball? Sure, until you need him to play under pressure it seems. He just doesn’t seem to be learning how to take what’s there is still. 

He very well may get better one day, but I honestly see him on more of a Geno Smith trajectory than a guy that will be ready to lead a team that looks like it may be ready to make a strong run next year, 

If that makes me a bad Jet fans then I’m Perfectly ok with that, but, the pieces we have left on offense are still good enough to compete with a middling QB right now. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This very well may be true. Yes, he lost his stud running back and best O lineman but we still field a pretty solid offense and a pretty damn good defense. 

I just can’t see what he’s gotten better at. Protecting the ball? Sure, until you need him to play under pressure it seems. He just doesn’t seem to be learning how to take what’s there is still. 

He very well may get better one day, but I honestly see him on more of a Geno Smith trajectory than a guy that will be ready to lead a team that looks like it may be ready to make a strong run next year, 

If that makes me a bad Jet fans then I’m Perfectly ok with that, but, the pieces we have left on offehse are still good enough to compete with a middling QB right now. 

Among many other things - he gotten better at winning.

Heck, he was a recovered onside kick away from likely winning this game.

He's far from perfect and still has a lot of growing to do - but the fact that you believe the bolded is precisely my point.

You're so dug, since pre-draft, that you're incapable of seeing the obvious.  

The kid lost to injury, all the week before.....

• His top Running
  • His top OL (with backs ups at two of the other spots and fourth string Tackles)
  • His top WR

• And was up against, likely, the best Defensive mind in the history of the sport

Coming off 4 straight wins - one of which he, almost single handedly, carried the team to a 4th quarter victory and the fan base is acting like he's the devil incarnate.

Honestly, I'm at the point where I just feel bad for y'all.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Just speaking the truth.  Not sure how you, or anyone for that matter, could be on this board or on Twitter and believe otherwise.

You hate the Jets' fan base. The same fan base that has stuck with this team throughout all the losing, and who continues to root for a team that is looked at as a joke by the national media.  The Lions have been worse than us (far worse, actually) throughout their history.  How come they're not the laughingstocks of the national media? 

It's easy to jump on a bandwagon.  The hard thing is to stick with a losing team.  

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He's far from perfect and still has a lot of growing to do - but the fact that you believe the bolded is precisely my point.

You wrote "Among many other things", and then listed 1 thing.  And how much did he even contribute to the winning?  Other than the 4Q against the Steelers, ZW has mostly been a passenger in those W's. 

And if we lose 3 in a row (Pats, Bills, Pats again), are you going to say "ZW has gotten better at losing"?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Team certainly got better at winning  with the talent they added. Zach seems to play fine when he’s not pressured in the pocket. When he’s pressured he’s really bad. He also doesn’t seem to be able to run the offense the way it was meant to be without making it more about him looking ok then honestly competing. 

I think Zach’s winning streak was as much about him having a guy like Breece Hall, Corey Davis’s breakout, special team play  and a defense that dominated at times as it was about him. He’s still good when he gets in a groove and  isn’t pressured. I really don’t see any tangible  consistent improvements in him playing position that makes me go,” Damn! Kids getting it.”

Couple plays here and there sure, but nothing consistent I see week to  week. Just seems to be the same  guy who does much better when his team doesn’t need him to do much or gets on a roll when the protection is good. 

I guess calling me dug in makes everything I say less about what I’m saying and more about some underlying reason I’m saying it. That’s fine. In the end only Zach can prove me wrong and we can rest assure it won’t be this week. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Zach seems to play fine when he’s not pressured in the pocket.

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He’s still good when he gets in a groove and  isn’t pressured.

Was this the case last year?

Unfortunately for the Jets and Zach - his OL has been mostly awful.  He's under pressure far more than should be, so it's hard to ever get in a groove.

I got news for you - every QB is worse under pressure than not, this is not unique to Zach.

Yes, a young QB is likely to be streaky - but when his OL never allows him to get into a groove it's going to make it harder to succeed.

In other words, if you're regularly getting time - and occasionally put under pressure - you're far more likely to make a play under pressure ---- when you're constantly under pressure it becomes harder to make a play.

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Was this the case last year?

Unfortunately for the Jets and Zach - his OL has been mostly awful.  He's under pressure far more than should be, so it's hard to ever get in a groove.

I got news for you - every QB is worse under pressure than not, this is not unique to Zach.

Yes, a young QB is likely to be streaky - but when his OL never allows him to get into a groove it's going to make it harder to succeed.

In other words, if you're regularly getting time - and occasionally put under pressure - you're far more likely to make a play under pressure ---- when you're constantly under pressure it becomes harder to make a play.

I get that but it’s how he reacts to pressure  that is the long term concern. All QB’s have a tougher time under pressure and that’s why defensive try to produce it. But Zach doesn’t respond well to it, doesn’t step up, doesn’t check down well and does the spin and run around thing before  he throws it away or worse. 

On 11/4/2022 at 3:01 PM, BigRy56 said:

I mean…the INTs he threw seem so easily fixable - stuff like throw the ball into the stands and not to the edge of the field when throwing the ball away. So I ******* hope so

it's not really though. the ints are a symptom of a much bigger problem. zach doesn't see the field well, has very poor feel  for the pressure (actually creating his own pressure), is woefully inaccurate on the gimme checkdowns (assuming he even is able to get to them which he struggles with his progressions) and has very bad footwork. in all he is a terrible prospect, the only thing he has is the ability to escape pressure and a strongish arm. 

On 11/5/2022 at 11:37 PM, doitny said:

completely missing the point, would Reid draft Josh Rosen is the first question?

14 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmm I think Zach Wilson learned from his mistakes!

Time to PARTY!!!!

2efafe4d825cb73a45c5c8a1bf7667d3.gif

I can recall (just) one pass attempt from yesterday where Zach started running backwards and before I could scream, “don’t do it,” he had the ball thrown out of bounds within two or three steps. That was one of my favorite plays of the day. 

• Upvote 3