Jets are the Lead in Today’s Peter King Column

slats

7 hours ago, slats said:

“If you have the ability to rush the passer, you’ll play in this league,” coach Robert Saleh told me. “Bryce can. He wins at a very high rate.

It's things like this that still confuse me with Saleh.  How is this guy not active the first two weeks?

Adding Mims into this too.

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Saleh reads some of our posters here.

I'm not kidding...

He really does.

lol

And his strategy of deflecting attention onto himself with the receipts comment worked perfectly, with this crowd taking the bait hook line and sinker 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Huff started the damage.  The QB challenge longest pass drill he threw the next play completed the tear.  

I e heard speculation from the talking heads that this injury started at least a week ago 

6 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Chicago is playing better than anyone thought (although we need to win that home game). J Fields is looking special.

I’ve seen this a couple times on this board. I haven’t seen one Chicago game, so I can’t comment but his stats don’t look overly impressive, has he been that good ?

11 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Apparently, these guys failed to read the Zach sucks threads before their show....

BT and a lot of talking heads are dismissing the Bears game as an “easy win”

I don’t see it that way

I think most would concede the Cowboys have an elite, dominant defense

Exactly 2 teams thus far have scored more than 20 pts against Dallas:

Philly, Chicago

The Eagles, who are obviously pretty good, scored 26.  

Fields and the Bears are tops with 29.

The Jets just allowed Josh Allen to run on them for 2 relatively easy rush TDs.  It’s not the best matchup.

On the bright side, the Bears just dealt away 2 good players in Roquan and Quinn, which should make things a bit easier.

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

BT and a lot of talking heads are dismissing the Bears game as an “easy win”

I don’t see it that way

I think most would concede the Cowboys have an elite, dominant defense

Exactly 2 teams thus far have scored more than 20 pts against Dallas:

Philly, Chicago

The Eagles, who are obviously pretty good, scored 26.  

Fields and the Bears are tops with 29.

The Jets just allowed Josh Allen to run on them for 2 relatively easy rush TDs.  It’s not the best matchup.

On the bright side, the Bears just dealt away 2 good players in Roquan and Quinn, which should make things a bit easier.

Before the Bills games the jets said they would be happy to turn Allen into a RB. The game plane was to prevent Allen from beating the Jets with his arm. I presume they will have the opposite game plan with Fields.

16 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

His arm looked fine on that long pass to Davis. 

i read a report yesterday that allen has a problem with his elbow.  i can't help thinking something happened to it when huff swatted his arm.  on another note, you are right about hall.  he would've had a much better runs through some of those holes than carter or robinson.

11 hours ago, jetsons said:

really???... This was the last play of the game... 2 plays after injuring his arm... a 70 yard drop in the bucket. 

Jets_Fans_React_to_Gutsy_Win_Against_Buffalo_Part_2__Bills__ (2).gif

didn't you see allen flexing his hand and grabbing his elbow after the huff play?  a report i read yesterday said he did hurt his elbow in the game.

16 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i read a report yesterday that allen has a problem with his elbow.  i can't help thinking something happened to it when huff swatted his arm.  on another note, you are right about hall.  he would've had a much better runs through some of those holes than carter or robinson.

I don't think it was me who mentioned Hall but we probably win 27-17 with him. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, DLJ said:

This is what solidified my answer about Saleh being a good coach. That convo with Peter King. We have a good one boys

From what I can see, Saleh is phenomenal leader, some of it is cliche but if it works, who cares?  You can tell he's read every leadership book under the sun and takes a lot of pride in being a great leader and understanding what it takes to be a great leader.  I dont think this some dumb jock head coach who made his mark as the x and o genius, I think he's just a really good person who is a great leader that knows how to build teams, create culture, empower and motivate appropriately.  Seems like the type of dude you could drop into any environment void of leadership and he'd figure it out.