Jets are the Lead in Today’s Peter King Column

slats

20 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

These two things stood out. 

This coaching staff is making me slowly fall in love with them. I LOVE how they adapt and not afraid to change things to find what works best. 

Defensive staff fully listened when Quinnen yelled at them. Ulbrich is continuing to evolve and always changing up the game plan depending on the opponent. Players are buying in (cept Moore).

Hate when coaches are just stubborn and it's "my scheme, my way until the end" and nothing changes. Doesn't seem that way here. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I think Moore has reversed course. No complaints about targets yesterday and celebrated with his teammates after the second half TD. I think the coaching staff has showed that they are genuine when they say a player needs to work on things to get opportunities. Mims got his chance, has performed and will continue to get chances. Moore knows if he puts his head down, puts in the work and produces when the opportunity arises, he will continue to get opportunities.

He also has no other choice lol. Not until the off season when he maybe request a trade again. But for now he has to just keep his head down and work. Can't leave. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

He also has no other choice lol. Not until the off season when he maybe request a trade again. But for now he has to just keep his head down and work. Can't leave. 

I don't think he gets traded unless the Jets are blown away with an offer and since he has done nothing, that will not happen. You are correct in that he has no other choice, but my point is that he seems to accept that and is enjoying the team success and no longer complaining.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, rangerous said:

peter king saying positives things about the jets?  the world has truly turned upside down.  hey king, don't even try to climb on the jets bandwagon.

but there are some true observations in this.  huff was in the right spot at the right time and this speaks to the jets who do have some good depth.  huff comes in fresh and beats a tired oline player.  it can't hurt.  but i think the more important thing huff did was injure allen's arm.  he just couldn't seem to pass as well after huff's play.

Allen still threw the ball almost 70 yards in the air right into the guys breadbasket on that last play, so while I agree he looked like he had hurt his arm/elbow, that dude is a machine.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I don't think he gets traded unless the Jets are blown away with an offer and since he has done nothing, that will not happen. You are correct in that he has no other choice, but my point is that he seems to accept that and is enjoying the team success and no longer complaining.

Nah,

listen to the cant wait pod

moore snuck out the locker room before the media arrived and the beat seems to be firm on the stance Zach and Moore have 0 chemistry.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s moved in the offseason 

43 minutes ago, slats said:

He hit on a couple points, lol. The way he talks about social media is one of the reasons you don’t see me getting too down on any Jet players, and never piling on unless or until they’re on their way out of town (see: Adams, Jamal). Anyone who doesn’t believe that this stuff can get inside players’ heads only need look as far as Becton’s big bust t-shirt. It’s a thing, and a huge one in the NYC market. 

And yet so called fans of our team have no problem piling it on even if it means it could effect their play - call me crazy, but that makes no sense to me. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

We’re not asking Zach to be our Superman yet. One day we will. And there will be times we need him to be, but now’s not that time.

This is like asking Denzel Mims to be Jerry Rice.

I get having your players' backs and building up their confidence.  But the "Superman" talk has done Wilson a disservice.

Let him focus on the fundamentals of pocket QB play.  Baby steps.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

He hit on a couple points, lol. The way he talks about social media is one of the reasons you don’t see me getting too down on any Jet players, and never piling on unless or until they’re on their way out of town (see: Adams, Jamal). Anyone who doesn’t believe that this stuff can get inside players’ heads only need look as far as Becton’s big bust t-shirt. It’s a thing, and a huge one in the NYC market. 

Not sure I agree.  I don't think any players are here at JN, obsessing over what we plebs say.

The New York Times? The New York Post?  Twitter?  Facebook?

Yeah, some sensitive and juvenile players likely read far too much of all of that, and let it get into their heads.  But players doing that are already wrong-headed and going in a wrong direction frankly IMO.  Sorry, I don't think there is any cause for self-censorship at JN in order to not hurt some players feelings.  JMO.

2 hours ago, slats said:

They’re not going away.

This is what is most exciting to me. Jets are building a team that will be hunting the playoffs every year for years to come. Breece Hall can get injured, Becton can balloon up to 600 lbs and never be injury free, AVT can go down, Zach might not be the guy, etc; but this team is legit and they will keep plugging in the holes when needed. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

peter king saying positives things about the jets?  the world has truly turned upside down.  hey king, don't even try to climb on the jets bandwagon.

but there are some true observations in this.  huff was in the right spot at the right time and this speaks to the jets who do have some good depth.  huff comes in fresh and beats a tired oline player.  it can't hurt.  but i think the more important thing huff did was injure allen's arm.  he just couldn't seem to pass as well after huff's play.

His arm looked fine on that long pass to Davis. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

This winning and this energy of family this team has very well may save Becton's career. Kids taken a lot of negativity, seems to be very sensitive to it, I think this motivates him to get back and be part of it. Oddly, weirdly and almost creepily enough the Jets have an energy that attracts people now. haha, yeah I said it. 

Genuinely curious how free agency goes next year. Couple free agents, some extension eligible dudes…if guys start taking market deals and actually re-signing without fanfare and are happy to be here that’d be pretty cool. Love to pick up the Williams brothers, Huff, etc.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, slats said:

“I read a quote from Bill Parcells,” Robert Saleh said, driving home from MetLife Stadium around 6 p.m. Sunday, after the biggest win of his head-coaching life. “‘In New York, it’s euphoria or disaster.’”

They say that these are not the best of times,
But they're the only times I've ever known,
And I believe there is a time for meditation in cathedrals of our own.
Now I have seen that sad surrender in my lover's eyes,
And I can only stand apart and sympathize.
For we are always what our situations hand us...
It's either sadness or euphoria.

So we'll argue and we'll compromise,
And realize that nothing's ever changed,
For all our mutual experience, our separate conclusions are the same.
Now we are forced to recognize our inhumanity,
Our reason co-exists with our insanity.
And though we choose between reality and madness...

How thoughtlessly we dissipate our energies
Perhaps we don't fulfill each other's fantasies.
And as we stand upon the ledges of our lives,
With our respective similarities...

1 hour ago, Warfish said:Not sure I agree.  I don't think any players are here at JN, obsessing over what we plebs say.

The New York Times? The New York Post?  Twitter?  Facebook?

Yeah, some sensitive and juvenile players likely read far too much of all of that, and let it get into their heads.  But players doing that are already wrong-headed and going in a wrong direction frankly IMO.  Sorry, I don't think there is any cause for self-censorship at JN in order to not hurt some players feelings.  JMO.

Everyone’s gonna do what they’re gonna do, I understand that I’m not changing anyone’s mind. People who need to vent will keep venting. But this is a large fan community, and we’re a part of the noise. What gets said here came from other sources and make their way back out again. I choose to keep my opinions out of it; especially the oft-repeated, emotional opinions that power @Maxman’s huge revenue stream. I’d rather not be a part of it. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Nah,

listen to the cant wait pod

moore snuck out the locker room before the media arrived and the beat seems to be firm on the stance Zach and Moore have 0 chemistry.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s moved in the offseason 

Dude alot can change over the course of a season.  I am sure Lafluer will try and make some adjustments during the bye week to get him and Mims some looks.  It is in the TEAMS best interest to get production out of both of them but especially Moore.  We have been fortunate so far this season but the games are only going to get tougher and have a guy that talented "frozen" out of the offense is not only stupid but should a firable offense.  We need to utilize every weapon we have and Moore, when use properly, is a weapon.   

6 hours ago, rangerous said:

really???... This was the last play of the game... 2 plays after injuring his arm... a 70 yard drop in the bucket. 

Jets_Fans_React_to_Gutsy_Win_Against_Buffalo_Part_2__Bills__ (2).gif