Jump to content

Jets retain 7th Seed


kevinc855
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Gibby said:

But not unexpected. Those who think anything will ever change- and the Jets won’t Jet- just haven’t come to terms of- well. The Jets are the Jets.

They will never ever win or get to a Super Bowl. Just not what they do.

Just go away if that is what you belive. Wht is your point? 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Gibby said:

But not unexpected. Those who think anything will ever change- and the Jets won’t Jet- just haven’t come to terms of- well. The Jets are the Jets.

They will never ever win or get to a Super Bowl. Just not what they do.

I mean this has been a great season so far watching these young guys grow. Today’s loss was tough no doubt but they fought like heck till the end. Team has a lot of heart. Don’t understand the negativity around this young team 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gibby said:

But not unexpected. Those who think anything will ever change- and the Jets won’t Jet- just haven’t come to terms of- well. The Jets are the Jets.

They will never ever win or get to a Super Bowl. Just not what they do.

Please put me on ignore, and don't ever quote me again.  Thank you.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

I mean this has been a great season so far watching these young guys grow. Today’s loss was tough no doubt but they fought like heck till the end. Team has a lot of heart. Don’t understand the negativity around this young team 

You’re not wrong. I have actually enjoyed it. And they are. 
 

But still. Until they prove me wrong.

not gonna happen!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gibby said:

You’re not wrong. I have actually enjoyed it. And they are. 
 

But still. Until they prove me wrong.

not gonna happen!

What’s not gonna happen? A Super Bowl win? I feel like we’re a lot closer than we’ve been in a long time. JD and Saleh are the right tandem to possibly get us there 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

No they don’t but it be nice 

You think 10 wins is enough? I mean it's pretty possible but there's also a big chance it isn't enough. Bengals and Ravens both have a tiebreaker over so if either one finishes 10-7 they get in over the Jets. Chargers might hold a tiebreaker too (Maybe?) so if they finish 10-7 they're in over Jets.

finishing 4-1 is a pretty sure bet on playoffs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Jets just need to get to 10 games and they will make the playoffs.

If you look at the schedules of the Dolphins, Patriots and Chargers, it's hard to imagine 10 won't be enough. Even if Las Vegas, Cleveland and Pittsburgh re-enter the picture, we are in good shape.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

They’re starting to add up. The second Patriot game, and now today.

Frustrated Greys Anatomy GIF by ABC Network

Its a team learning to win.  They played with a 9-2 team today, and in my opinion, looked better than them.  Just didn't make the plays that needed to be made.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets need to go 4-1 over the next 5 games. Gotta beat Buffalo to shake off the smell of losing and gain some momentum heading into the last 4 games.

@ Bills

vs. Lions

vs. Jaguars

@ Seahawks

@ Dolphins

I don’t think so. 2 of 3 from either Lions, Jags or Seattle and at worst we’re playing in Miami with 9 in the bank looking for a spot.

9 wins might get it done to finish ahead of the Chargers anyway, and in that case we only need two more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

They’re starting to add up. The second Patriot game, and now today.

Frustrated Greys Anatomy GIF by ABC Network

 

Our 2 most heartbreaking. losses of the season.

Maybe we can give the white jersey, black pants combo a rest for a while. Bad mojo.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I felt of our last 6 games we would beat the Lions, Jags and Seattle.  I thought we would lose today and vs the bills and miami.

I felt we would end up 10-7 and just out of the playoffs via a tie breaker.

I’m starting to think 9 gets us in. I think the Chargers have a tough time getting there, and I don’t see any of the teams below them doing it either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was the game I thought the Jets were going to be able to win to get them to 11 and take any possibility of losing a tie breaker off the table. This was a rough one to lose. The game in Buffalo is going to be really hard to win, and now it is going to be a fight to get to 10 wins.

Bengals did us no favors today by winning. It looks like its going to be all about fighting for that 7th seed so it was great to see the Chargers lose. The Patriots have a tough schedule like we do but they still scare me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hex said:

You think 10 wins is enough? I mean it's pretty possible but there's also a big chance it isn't enough. Bengals and Ravens both have a tiebreaker over so if either one finishes 10-7 they get in over the Jets. Chargers might hold a tiebreaker too (Maybe?) so if they finish 10-7 they're in over Jets.

finishing 4-1 is a pretty sure bet on playoffs

And root for the chargers to lose 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

None of you’re wrong. And the results of today definitely help the Jets chances. 
 

Didn’t mean to turn the thread upside down- sorry to anyone I offended- just frustrated. It’d be nice though if the Jets could take care of their own business for once- and not always have to hang on needing help to get into the playoffs ( in a season when it’s actually on the table) for once.

Now it’s time to somehow find a way to sweep Buffalo. 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...