Saucey Stats

Thanks for this ... Kid has been stellar .. exceeded my expectations for sure. He and Garrett .. I mean ... what a freaking draft.

... Add Hall as the cherry ...

I mean Michael Clemons ...

Man ... Has JD been extended yet ???

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2009 Revis was fairly easily the best CB season I’ve ever seen and I don’t think it will be touched. When you consider the fact that with the way Rex called the defense and deployed him Revis had arguably the toughest job of any defender (non-QB?) in the NFL, the numbers don’t even do it justice (and the numbers are absurd). That defense, particularly the pass defense, is one of the most underrated in the history of the game IMO and that’s without a single elite pass rusher and Lito Shepherd at CB2. It was all built around a single CB. Nutty.

All that being said, and as good as prime Revis was, Sauce is WAY ahead of where Revis was as a rookie. I don’t know if he can ever reach that same ceiling, but the fact that I can’t rule it out is incredibly impressive. Fun season and fun rookie class.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And Revis wasn’t nearly as good as Sauce back when he was a rookie…

Not even close. The level at which Sauce is playing CB in a rookie season is essentially unprecedented. He should win DROY but the Seattle corner will get some votes because he is very solid and some voters will just look at interception totals. A lot of people think Garrett is going to win OROY but they will give it to Pickett.

• Upvote 3

Ulbrich talked about switching to a lot more man in the 2nd half last week against the Vikings.

That is going to happen more and more. This team plays the best zone defense I remember seeing. But the man skills are strong to. They will start putting guys on lock down and blitzing a bit when needed.

36 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not even close. The level at which Sauce is playing CB in a rookie season is essentially unprecedented. He should win DROY but the Seattle corner will get some votes because he is very solid and some voters will just look at interception totals. A lot of people think Garrett is going to win OROY but they will give it to Pickett.

Kenny is sitting at 4 TD and 8 INT right now, I know he has been good of late. But he won't beat out Garrett if he is underwater there.  Garrett will be over 1,000 yards, I think he's going to be the choice.

Imagine having OROY and DROY? Wow.

Oh and you also walked away with Breece, Jermaine Johnson, Max Mitchell and Bam.  Double Wow.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Thanks for this ... Kid has been stellar .. exceeded my expectations for sure. He and Garrett .. I mean ... what a freaking draft.

... Add Hall as the cherry ...

I mean Michael Clemons ...

Man ... Has JD been extended yet ???

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah this 2022 Draft by Joe Douglas equates with that great Pittsburgh Steeler draft in the ‘70’s that made them.

Back to Sauce.  You catch that short footage during the game where they showed him in warm ups, mirroring EVERY move the practice receiver did?  From head to little toe.  That was insane.  I doubt Revis could do that on his best day.

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Kenny is sitting at 4 TD and 8 INT right now, I know he has been good of late. But he won't beat out Garrett if he is underwater there.  Garrett will be over 1,000 yards, I think he's going to be the choice.

Imagine having OROY and DROY? Wow.

Oh and you also walked away with Breece, Jermaine Johnson, Max Mitchell and Bam.  Double Wow.

OROY w/ go to 1 of the Ohio St. WR's, either Olave or Wilson.  My guess is Wilson because of the significance of his play and the team success. 

• Upvote 1