Subtle But Profound Difference between Zach & Mike!

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He absolutely does and I don’t get why people keep making this silly argument. 

The only reasonable criticism that can be made about White thru 6 career starts is that he can’t seem to stay healthy.  That’s it, end of list.  Everything else is either nitpicking or some form of confirmation bias.  

unfortunately can't stay healthy is enough to not bet on him for 2023. he's a goner.

59 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You realize white is hurt? No one is saying Wilson deserved to get the job back.  But you consistently fail to comprehend what other posters say.

Oh no, I get it.  I also get that if the shoe were on Wilson’s foot and he was the one hurt while playing well in a playoff push, he would be out there this weekend, no questions asked.  Close your eyes and ears to it all you want.  White is being “protected from himself” because this gives the FO and CS their final hurrah with Zach.  If he loses this game, they can kiss the playoffs goodbye and bench him for the rest of the year.  If he wins?  You will see Saleh immediately get on that podium anointing him the starter for the rest of the year, barring injury, something he refused to do for White, despite the fact that he is galaxies better.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The only reasonable criticism that can be made about White thru 6 career starts is that he can’t seem to stay healthy.  That’s it, end of list.  Everything else is either nitpicking or some form of confirmation bias.  

"mike white cant do no wrong"

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Breece Hall was an unstoppable monster and the Defense was playing out of their minds.  At the very LEAST they were well above what they probably are on an average Sunday, because they knew they needed to be flawless to help compensate for the anemic offense.  The defense has still been good, they just went against two (soon to be 3) elite offenses.

Give it up.  Zach Wilson f*cking sucks.  Stop pretending that there isn’t a massive difference in the passing game when he is in and when someone else is starting.  You’re sitting here acting as if people are bat sh*t crazy for suggesting that he was as bad as his tape indicated, and it’s actually laughable.  Yes, the team won more in Zach’s starts.  None of it was because of Zach.

ZW had 2 bad games against the Patriots. The other games he either played well or faced some pretty formidable defenses but still played within the offense and w/o making critical mistakes. The problem is fans had a pre conceived notion of expecting much more so like is always the case ,the backup becomes the most popular player. 

MW has played well but has only one win. Plus unlike Zach he played 2 of the worst passing D's in the NFL. It's easy for this fan base to latch on to a backup. It happened with Tebow. It happened with Fitzy and now it's happening with MW. I keep rooting for whoever the Jets roll out at qb , I just won't like my emotions keep me from being objective about the situation.  

• Post of the Week 1

56 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

Devils advocate, have you heard of this guy named Joe Namath? 

you dont want to compare guys from the 60s to now. most had under 50% comp % and are in the HOF.

Namath, Bradshaw, Elway, Aikman... just to name a few if you took away the championships would not have made the HOF today.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And what's funny is that his O-line let him get folded like a street slice of pizza last week and yet somehow he's taking the criticism for it. 

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

you dont want to compare guys from the 60s to now. most had under 50% comp % and are in the HOF.

Namath, Bradshaw, Elway, Aikman... just to name a few if you took away the championships would not have made the HOF today.

True. Eras are hard to compare in most sports, but especially pro football. Just my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Oh no, I get it.  I also get that if the shoe were on Wilson’s foot and he was the one hurt while playing well in a playoff push, he would be out there this weekend, no questions asked.  Close your eyes and ears to it all you want.  White is being “protected from himself” because this gives the FO and CS their final hurrah with Zach.  If he loses this game, they can kiss the playoffs goodbye and bench him for the rest of the year.  If he wins?  You will see Saleh immediately get on that podium anointing him the starter for the rest of the year, barring injury, something he refused to do for White, despite the fact that he is galaxies better.

I want Wilson to work out. But with white the offense just runs better

35 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Breece Hall was an unstoppable monster and the Defense was playing out of their minds.  At the very LEAST they were well above what they probably are on an average Sunday, because they knew they needed to be flawless to help compensate for the anemic offense.  The defense has still been good, they just went against two (soon to be 3) elite offenses.

Give it up.  Zach Wilson f*cking sucks.  Stop pretending that there isn’t a massive difference in the passing game when he is in and when someone else is starting.  You’re sitting here acting as if people are bat sh*t crazy for suggesting that he was as bad as his tape indicated, and it’s actually laughable.  Yes, the team won more in Zach’s starts.  None of it was because of Zach.

robert-redford-jeremiah-johnson.gif

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why?  A relatively inexpensive 2-3 year show-me deal with an easy out after year 1 isn’t possible?  

JD has created a superbowl contender window. He can't go into 2023 with his projected starting QB a guy who gets injured every time he steps on the field. That's for a team earlier in the process to take a shot on.

31 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

And what's funny is that his O-line let him get folded like a street slice of pizza last week and yet somehow he's taking the criticism for it. 

He got sacked 3 times on like 50 drop backs.  The oline wasn't the problem.  He's a statute so when a guy does get to him he really does nothing to avoid the pressure. 

That's fine.. neither does Brady. But let's not act like the oline was bad.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

JD has created a superbowl contender window. He can't go into 2023 with his projected starting QB a guy who gets injured every time he steps on the field. That's for a team earlier in the process to take a shot on.

Who says that’s the only QB he goes into the season with as a QB1 option?  I’ve mentioned Minshew at least a dozen times  as a guy to add to the room.  

White + Minshew would cost less combined than the likes of Carr or Rodgers without having to trade away assets.  

If not Minshew then add a midround QB into the mix. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Who says that’s the only QB he goes into the season with as a QB1 option?  I’ve mentioned Minshew at least a dozen times  as a guy to add to the room.  

I have to think Mike White is getting low end starter money from a team in the right position. You're going to pay Mike White and another starting caliber QB money in 2023? I don't see it.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

White + Minshew would cost less combined than the likes of Carr or Rodgers without having to trade away assets.  

If not Minshew then add a midround QB into the mix. 

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I have to think Mike White is getting low end starter money from a team in the right position. You're going to pay Mike White and another starting caliber QB in 2023? I don't see it.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Why wouldn’t they play White if he’s obviously galaxies better(I’m not saying he isn’t)?
Doesn’t that help them with the playoff push more then Zach? Just don’t get what it does for the team to “find a way” to get back to Wilson right now. 
All anyone cares about right now is getting to the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Why wouldn’t they play White if he’s obviously galaxies better(I’m not saying he isn’t)?
Doesn’t that help them with the playoff push more then Zach? Just don’t get what it does for the team to “find a way” to get back to Wilson right now. 
All anyone cares about right now is getting to the playoffs. 

Because first off he's hurt and second he's not galaxies better than ZW. That's a narrative the ZW detractors want to spin. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ylekram said:

what a ridiculous post. its like you took criticism of mike white personally. you " mike white cant do no wrong" crew are out of control. off the charts.  except for a coupla guys, everyone here thinks Wilson sucks. hell, he looked like he was drunk during the last pats game. but they are not ready to march last years #2 pick out to the 50 and put a bullet in him. not yet. and yes, mike white was playing a lot better than Wilson. 

with that said, every game Wilson either single handedly lost or was carried to victory .which might be true to some extent. unlike mike white who cant do no wrong.  crushed a bare shelf Chicago defense. Sure, give him that. you have your games all mixed up. you blame Berrios for a "dropped pass" for the reason they lost. pass hit him in is armpit as he was sliding. could of been caught? sure. should of been caught? 50/50. it was an awkward catch to make and not a good throw. never mind that the jets got the ball back and basically had 1st and goal at the 19. what did white do? threw 2 incompletions and 2 interceptions. first one was dropped. then the bills game was ended by white throwing 5 straight incompletions. he gets all the glory and none of the blame for going 1-2.  maybe YOU should log off for awhile.

LoL. Mike white is not free from criticism, but saying he played bad is just make believe.

Mike balled pit every game he has played. He has played well. Played good enough to win against viking and buffalo. 

Some unfortunate drops and fumbles cost is the games sure. But the point is that Mike white is the real deal.

Embrace it. Don't hate it.

Be happy 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Yes I saw the merge but this really isn’t a post about Wilson starting but rather the hidden message we can see that coach Saleh has sent…..

Hmmmmmm remember when Zach was hurt during preseason and then Saleh suggested that he could play.

It was extremely notable to anyone that Zach’s personal doctors were disagreeing with Jets Docs who were obviously telling Saleh that Zach could play if he could withstand the pain. Zach’s decision was then to come back only when he was “100%”  which made Saleh as well as the organization look bad.  

Juxtapose that against Mike Freakin White who was told by Jets doctors that he literally couldn’t play.  But then White since that Jet diagnosis has been scouring the NFL for ANY DOCTOR in America who would say that he should be permitted to play!

That right there at the end of the day is the whole thing in a nutshell, and why Mike Freakin White is looked at as a “Warrior” by his teammates and coaches and why Zach is just Zach right now….. 

Lets Go Jets!!

Meh ... its one thing to try to come back and play .. its another thing to make reckless decisions based on the desire to play. It would have been bad for his health and ultimately would be putting himself before the team ; because if he is that injured there is no way in hell he could perform at a winning level.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

It ran better against two putrid defenses. Did it run better against the B7ills vs the game Zach started- that's debatable.  

White had 100 yds more than Zach. but Zachs RBs got 100 more yds that with White.

so if you wanna bring back the 2009 Jets with a great defense and ground and pound where the RBs carry the team and the QB passes for 150 yds than Zach is your guy. but if you want a QB to do what there supposed to do, pass for 250-300 yds than White is much better.

but hey, the Lions are the 3rd worst defense in yds, pts and passing yds. lets see what Zach does against a putrid defense.

• More Ugh 1

20 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Mike White gets injured every game he plays. Mentality of a warrior, body of a princess. I'm pissed because I'd much rather watch MW than ZW. We also can't plan on MW for next year IMO.

Every game ?? Stop with the exaggerations . He got hurt in this last game by getting torpedoed by a LB who was never picked up in that blitz. His other injury was when his elbow came down hard on a Colts players helmet losing feeling in his arm. In one instance he actually came back in the game with Broken ribs and proceeded to drive us up the filed before Carter fumbled away the game and in the other instance it was basically a freak injury and he was ready to go the next week. Comparing that to Zach who more than once, 2x to be exact missed multiple games due to knee injuries and in one of those instances was cleared to play but sat out 4 games so we could watch an old immobile QB sh*t all over himself. 

Thing here is one QB is a warrior and the other is a pussy who also refuses to stand tough in the pocket and deliver the ball to his WR's and is so scared in fact he's got the "yips" and airmails balls and throws others into the dirt the same passes that are completed at an 80 to 90 % rate across the NFL.

If you care to elaborate all these games where Mike White gets hurt I'll sit back and wait .

17 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So he wasn't waived 5 times? 

He doesn't have 8TDs and 10ints the last 2 years?

He isn't 1-2 this year?

He didn't get hurt both times he has been given a chance to start?

Tell me which of those statements are wrong.....

Either way, you are completely missing the point. If he got cut today by the Jets, there won't be many teams, if any, scooping him up with the intent to make him their starter. He knows that, but some of you haven't caught on. THAT is why he played hurt last week and was dying to play this week. 

He was waived 5 times on 2 teams who never even gave him any shot of playing both teams were set in their starters giving him even a lesser chance to compete. He cleared waivers because teams had no body of work on him. The same sh*t happened to Tony Romo who was an undrafted free agent for the cowboys and was generally laughed at on DFW radio stations that is until he got his chance. White got his chance here due to our constant failures at the QB position and has proven to get the ball to his playmakers at a better percentage than any Jets QB other than Chad Pennington but he gets based because on every drive he is involved where he can win a game for his team his team has let him down with drops and fumbles and Idiots point to the fact of wins and loses when the other QB on the roster can barely complete passes at a 50% percentage and barely gets past the opponents 50 yard line on an extremely low percentage but hey he can throw a ball through a brick wall right into the heads of idiot Jets fans knocking them senseless. 

• More Ugh 1

9 hours ago, doitny said:

White had 100 yds more than Zach. but Zachs RBs got 100 more yds that with White.

so if you wanna bring back the 2009 Jets with a great defense and ground and pound where the RBs carry the team and the QB passes for 150 yds than Zach is your guy. but if you want a QB to do what there supposed to do, pass for 250-300 yds than White is much better.

but hey, the Lions are the 3rd worst defense in yds, pts and passing yds. lets see what Zach does against a putrid defense.

They fail to realize White gets the ball into his playmakers hands at a very high percentage and a lot of the time said playmakers don't do mush with this opportunities. Garrett Wilson is the only real weapon we have in the passing game and the Jets need to learn to RUN the Ball more with Zonovan Knight an emerging star rather than throwing the ball 50 + times. Its time Jets players start making some plays for their QB because its not all about the QB. MW has done his Job admirably its time for this team to step up

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

White has been waived 5 times in his career, with more INTs than TDs, a losing record and a history of getting hurt when given the chance . He doesn't have the luxury to be anything but tough. That's the difference.

Yes, and he knew that without possibly getting back in there this year White stands to probably lose tens of millions. Does everybody get that?. Be honest, if Zack comes out and wins these next 2 games then White is not getting back in there this year, it is as simple as that.

• Upvote 1