Subtle But Profound Difference between Zach & Mike!

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Impossible to know what MW would have done with these last 4 games, but his Jet tenure is most likely over.

The Jets aren't going to pay him, and he's shown he at least deserves a legit chance to compete in Indy, Atlanta, or wherever.

He lost an opportunity to make a lot of money for himself and his family.

It's unfortunate, but whatever.  Life ain't fair.  It is what it is.

The Jets are week to week at QB going forward. If Wilson plays bad this week and white is healthy, white will get another chance.  

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The Jets are week to week at QB going forward. If Wilson plays bad this week and white is healthy, white will get another chance.  

Doubt it

I believe Saleh made a point of saying today that this was an "organizational" decision

I expect the Jets to beat Detroit and if that happens, MW's health for the Jags game will be irrelevant

13 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Impossible to know what MW would have done with these last 4 games, but his Jet tenure is most likely over.

The Jets aren't going to pay him, and he's shown he at least deserves a legit chance to compete in Indy, Atlanta, or wherever.

The book isn't  closed. I would say there is a greater chance Zach does nothing to convince the CS that he should be the QB the rest of the season than he does. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Lol tell that to the players. MW will be inserted the second he’s deemed healthy. Team would mutiny if they screw him over this. 

• Upvote 3
  • Ugh 1

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If Wilson wins this week and puts up good numbers he will start and the players won't care about white anymore. 

You’re wrong. You’re not seeing White’s impact on the team clearly. 

Not that we have to worry about ZW putting up good numbers. MLF won’t let him throw it more than 20-25 times. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Yes I saw the merge but this really isn’t a post about Wilson starting but rather the hidden message we can see that coach Saleh has sent…..

Hmmmmmm when Zach was hurt during preseason and then Saleh suggested that he could play it was extremely notable to anyone that Zach’s personal doctors were disagreeing with Jets Docs who were obviously telling Saleh that Zach could play if he could withstand the pain. Zach’s decision eventual decision to come back only when he was “100%” made Saleh look badly as well as the organization  

Juxtapose that against Mike Freakin White who was told by Jets doctors that he literally couldn’t play but then has since that repeated determination has been scouring the NFL for ANY DOCTOR in America who would say that he should be permitted to play!

That right there at the end of the day is the whole thing in a nut shell, and why Mike Freakin White is looked as a “Warrior” by his teammates and coaches and why Zach is just Zach right now….. 

Lets Go Jets!!

Your narrative is false. Zach came back pretty much exactly as fast as it was possible from his injury. Because Saleh misspoke about an injury for like the 100th time does not create some BS narrative that Zach ducked playing.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Your narrative is false. Zach came back pretty much exactly as fast as it was possible from his injury. Because Saleh misspoke about an injury for like the 100th time does not create some BS narrative that Zach ducked playing.

I disagree with you but I hear what you are inferring, but you have to admit no one was saying that Wilson was fighting to get back on the field, that he was "risking"  his health by begging to play, and that they had to hold him out for "his own" good. Those are just the facts...

And look I am not taking a shot at Wilson, I like Zach Wilson a lot, but the feeling was sent perhaps wrongly by Saleh "misspeaking" that Zach was not pushing the envelope to get back on the field and no that does not mean he is "ducking" to play.  But it does mean that he may have made a business decision to wait which is his right and perhaps was a prudent decision but once he makes that decision he must live with the inference tied to it for better or worse.  

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

White has been waived 5 times in his career, with more INTs than TDs, a losing record and a history of getting hurt when given the chance . He doesn't have the luxury to be anything but tough. That's the difference.

tell me you havnt actually watched Mike white play without telling me you havent really watched him play.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Yes I saw the merge but this really isn’t a post about Wilson starting but rather the hidden message we can see that coach Saleh has sent…..

Hmmmmmm remember when Zach was hurt during preseason and then Saleh suggested that he could play.

It was extremely notable to anyone that Zach’s personal doctors were disagreeing with Jets Docs who were obviously telling Saleh that Zach could play if he could withstand the pain. Zach’s decision was then to come back only when he was “100%”  which made Saleh as well as the organization look bad.  

Juxtapose that against Mike Freakin White who was told by Jets doctors that he literally couldn’t play.  But since that diagnosis has been scouring the NFL for ANY DOCTOR in America who would say that he should be permitted to play!

That right there at the end of the day is the whole thing in a nutshell, and why Mike Freakin White is looked at as a “Warrior” by his teammates and coaches and why Zach is just Zach right now….. 

Lets Go Jets!!

These are Apple to oranges comparison as far as recovery goes.  There is no potential disability rating with healed fractured ribs. 
there is a bunch of physical disability possible in a poor knee surgery recovery, hence the difference between to two.  Nothing more nothing less, I think you’re reading Tea leaves on this observation of yours. 

Semper Fi

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Says more about the system than the player.

Yes White trying to get one ? contract even if it’s a 1 year for 12 million that changes everything for him.  Zach already paid and family has money.  Maybe White comes from a well off family not sure but it’s still nice to make your own way.

49 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I disagree with you but I hear what you are inferring, but you have to admit no one was saying that Wilson was fighting to get back on the field, that he was "risking"  his health by begging to play, and that they had to hold him out for "his own" good. Those are just the facts...

And look I am not taking a shot at Wilson, I like Zach Wilson a lot, but the feeling was sent perhaps wrongly by Saleh "misspeaking" that Zach was not pushing the envelope to get back on the field and no that does not mean he is "ducking" to play.  But it does mean that he may have made a business decision to wait which is his right and perhaps was a prudent decision but once he makes that decision he must live with the inference tied to it for better or worse.  

There may be something to this.  If there is I have a lot more respect for Zach's advisors than Jets management.   If the team isn't looking out for the health of the players, a player who puts his health first is doing the right thing not the team.  

It turns out the Jets put Mike White at risk when the prudent move was to put him on the shelf.  

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So he wasn't waived 5 times? 

He doesn't have 8TDs and 10ints the last 2 years?

He isn't 1-2 this year?

He didn't get hurt both times he has been given a chance to start?

Tell me which of those statements are wrong.....

Either way, you are completely missing the point. If he got cut today by the Jets, there won't be many teams, if any, scooping him up with the intent to make him their starter. He knows that, but some of you haven't caught on. THAT is why he played hurt last week and was dying to play this week. 

your caricature of mike white is not reflective of the man, the qb, the team mate that he currently is. You are trying to dismiss him and paint him in a negative light. Mike white is the first damn capable qb we have had since penny and you crap on him. You crap on our team. You there fore are well....

make no mistake i do not demean anyone for the journey they have taken to better them selves or just have taken to get where ever they may be.

your statements of fact are not wrong, although I have not looked at the numbers. But I do know he threw a couple picks where davis popped it up and he made a desperation play at the end of the bills game after Berrios dropped the game winner. for you to add it all up like he is just throwing the ball to other team like Wilson is a gross miss statement on the facts. I want to call it fraud. 

Maybe you should be JoJoMcFraudSell for your ridiculous post. Then your absolute arrogance when I call you out, pretending like you don't know what you are doing. It is embarrassing. You should be embarrassed. 

He is a not only valuable but he is a valuable piece in our teams future. While you and these comments are left best in the past. maybe log off for a while Chief.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Why won’t they pay him?  Please don’t give the ridiculous “he’s going to get $20M” line around.  He’ll get the same, probably more from the Jets than he would get on the open market, $10-$12M? And probably his only shot at a starting position after they hold a summer competition. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

your caricature of mike white is not reflective of the man, the qb, the team mate that he currently is. You are trying to dismiss him and paint him in a negative light. Mike white is the first damn capable qb we have had since penny and you crap on him. You crap on our team. You there fore are well....

make no mistake i do not demean anyone for the journey they have taken to better them selves or just have taken to get where ever they may be.

your statements of fact are not wrong, although I have not looked at the numbers. But I do know he threw a couple picks where davis popped it up and he made a desperation play at the end of the bills game after Berrios dropped the game winner. for you to add it all up like he is just throwing the ball to other team like Wilson is a gross miss statement on the facts. I want to call it fraud. 

Maybe you should be JoJoMcFraudSell for your ridiculous post. Then your absolute arrogance when I call you out, pretending like you don't know what you are doing. It is embarrassing. You should be embarrassed. 

He is a not only valuable but he is a valuable piece in our teams future. While you and these comments are left best in the past. maybe log off for a while Chief.

Lol, you can both like Mike White and accept the reality of the situation. Sorry i upset you. Didn't realize some of you were this sensitive. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So he wasn't waived 5 times? 

He doesn't have 8TDs and 10ints the last 2 years?

He isn't 1-2 this year?

He didn't get hurt both times he has been given a chance to start?

Tell me which of those statements are wrong.....

Past failures (being "waived 5 times") do not guarantee future failure any more than "once going 18 for 18 in a bowl game" (Saleh cited this today, LOL) guarantees (or meaningfully predicts) any kind of NFL success.

MW has been playing better football than ZW.

Neutral observers (e.g. non-Jet fans) can see this clear as day.

Kapono hasn't been waived (yet) because was the #2 overall pick.  He "won" the draft process.

Brock Purdy is 3-0.  He's 1-0 vs Tom Brady.  Brady is 0-1 v Purdy.  It doesn't mean sh-t.

If you like numbers, the QB you prefer has 4 TD passes and 5 INT in 7 games, 55% comp rate, and 43.2 QBR.

• Upvote 3