They should go all in on Jordan Love

Pac

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

I know Carr is an overpaid jag, Garrapolo is Glass Joe,  Brady is 153 years old,  no one is trading picks to pay Rodgers 60 mil next year.

I also know Love was a 1st round pick who has benefited from 3 years spent learning the system the Jets play. 

No one is saying trade a first and give him a long term contract.  I'm saying out of all the options he appears to me to be the best one. 

There is no way Love is available. Rodgers is on his last legs and they've invested 3 yrs into that kid grooming him to replace Rodgers just like they did with Favre. Rodgers will be traded before him.

24 minutes ago, Pac said:

Carr is an overpaid jag

Sign me up for a jag who's thrown for over 4000 yards the last four seasons. If the Jets can get him at a decent price and restructure his deal I'd be all for it. This offense would be humming with Carr behind center. 

Jordan Love is a complete unknown in this league and not what the Jets need to compete in 2023. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Tom Brady will not play behind this offensive line. No way, no how. 

Brady is actively declining.  He’s still a ~league average qb, but its trending downwards in a hurry.  Would likely play above that level for a playoff game or two, and below that lvl for random road games.

Garrop is sorta in the same place with injuries.  Kinda a ~15th place qb that loses a bit of steam each time he gets hurt and never really recovers.  Will be too expensive, and take too long to work into shape.

Carr is slightly more interesting, but I dont think he fits as well scheme wise.

There are no great qb options without a trade or a draft.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Thanks for this enlightening tidbit of meaningless garbage.

But can you dispute it?  

Coaches see these guys in practice.  They know what they have or don't have, generally.  Think if Love were seen as being a worthwhile add in league circles he wouldn't have gotten moved already?  Come on. 

Just because he's the "devil you don't know" as a fan doesn't mean he's somebody you send assets for.  He was a 2nd/3rd round prospect that the Packers reached for and has been in the league 3 years.  We kinda have an idea by now what he is or isn't.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But can you dispute it?  

Coaches see these guys in practice.  They know what they have or don't have, generally.  Think if Love were seen as being a worthwhile add in league circles he wouldn't have gotten moved already?  Come on. 

Just because he's the "devil you don't know" as a fan doesn't mean he's somebody you send assets for.  He was a 2nd/3rd round prospect that the Packers reached for and has been in the league 3 years.  We kinda have an idea by now what he is or isn't.  

He has god damn Aaron Rodgers in front of him on the depth chart bro.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He has god damn Aaron Rodgers in front of him on the depth chart bro.

So why haven't the Packers moved him already?  Has there even been a whisper of anybody even being interested?

And Rodgers kinda sucks this year, btw.

Again, Love not seeing the field doesn't mean GMs aren't aware of what he is or isn't.  This league talks, a lot.  How he looks in practice makes its way to the other 31 teams out there.

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Trade them Elijah Moore straight up. That's extremely fair. 

High time we move on from Moore running 5 yards backwards everytime he touches the rare pass that's thrown to him. 

So win win I think.

Trading Moore would be stupid imo. He has talent even if he does some stupid things. Those issues can be fixed with coaching. 

Let’s see him have a season with a competent QB before moving him on. Guy looked rejuvenated with Mike White in there.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So why haven't the Packers moved him already?  Has there even been a whisper of anybody even being interested?

Rodgers threw for 37 touchdowns and 4 INTs last year while winning league MVP. They traded away Davante Adams and replaced him with a raw 2nd round pick. The offense and Rodgers is coming on now - probably too little too late but it's easier to break into the wildcard in the NFC.

It's a little different scenario than trying to beat out Fitzpatrick & McCown

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Rodgers threw for 37 touchdowns and 4 INTs last year while winning league MVP. They traded away Davante Adams and replaced him with a raw 2nd round pick. The offense and Rodgers is coming on now - probably too little too late but it's easier to break into the wildcard in the NFC.

It's a little different scenario than trying to beat out Fitzpatrick & McCown

I get it.  But again, why have there been no real whispers of the Packers looking to move Love, or anyone being interested to date (unless I've missed it)?

After all, they have to move on from one or the other soon.  Rodgers' contract is an albatross so he's gonna be fairly tough to move, I imagine.  And do they just hand the keys to Love in that instance?  He's got just 1 year left on his rookie deal.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I get it.  But again, why have there been no real whispers of the Packers looking to move Love, or anyone being interested to date (unless I've missed it)?

After all, they have to move on from one or the other soon.  Rodgers' contract is an albatross so he's gonna be fairly tough to move, I imagine.  And do they just hand the keys to Love in that instance?  He's got just 1 year left on his rookie deal.

They're probably going to have to decide on Rodgers or Love soon for cap reasons. Rodgers might just retire and decide for them.

Love has looked good this year in limited opportunities. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pac said:

I know Carr is an overpaid jag, Garrapolo is Glass Joe,  Brady is 153 years old,  no one is trading picks to pay Rodgers 60 mil next year.

I also know Love was a 1st round pick who has benefited from 3 years spent learning the system the Jets play. 

No one is saying trade a first and give him a long term contract.  I'm saying out of all the options he appears to me to be the best one. 

How does any of this make him an even mediocre QB

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

What's your plan? 

Not to trade for a QB who sucks somewhere else just because he isn’t Zach. 
Carr is a million times better QB.  
Id rather keep White and draft a project and develop hi instead of throwing hi to the fire

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Again, Love not seeing the field doesn't mean GMs aren't aware of what he is or isn't.  This league talks, a lot.  How he looks in practice makes its way to the other 31 teams out there.

He has looked much better than anything we've fielded in his limited opportunities...

Just saying for everyone who is completely out on him have you watched him lately?

My interest is at least peaked.... thats all im saying.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not to trade for a QB who sucks somewhere else just because he isn’t Zach. 
Carr is a million times better QB.  
Id rather keep White and draft a project and develop hi instead of throwing hi to the fire

You don't seem to comprehend Love is the equivalent of a high draft pick on a QB with the benefit of him being in the NFL for 3 years. 

Carr sucks and has a billion dollar contract.  No thanks. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Pac said:

You don't seem to comprehend Love is the equivalent of a high draft pick on a QB with the benefit of him being in the NFL for 3 years. 

Carr sucks and has a billion dollar contract.  No thanks. 

Then why would the Packers, who watch him practice week in and week out trade him?  Makes no sense.  
On your best day you pray Love becomes a QB near what Carr has been 

1 hour ago, Icer said:

I said failed pick, not failure. And it absolutely is a failed pick, since he can't get on the field going into Year 4

100 %.  Unless they can flip Love for a high pick(s) it was sunken capital.  Meanwhile these were some of the players they COULD have taken at 26 overall (or a little later) to help them over the last 3 seasons:

• WR Tee Higgins (# 33 overall)
  • WR Michael Pittman (# 34)
  • LB Patrick Queen (# 28)
  • RB Jonathan Taylor (# 41)
  • S Antoine Winfield (# 45)

Imagine Rodgers with Tee Higgins as his WR1 replacement for Adams right now?

• Upvote 1