They should go all in on Jordan Love

Pac

- Familiar with the system

- Matt LF will give Saleh and Mike an honest assessment of strengths and weaknesses

- Has years of prep

- Won't be cost prohibitive

- Young enough to be the long term answer

- Seems to be a mature team player as he's never publicly complained about not playing

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I agree he should be someone we look at, but I’m not sure what you mean by all in.

Trade high picks + give a massive long-term contract? I’d say no.

If we’re giving up a 3rd or 4th for a prove it year deal? Yeah I’m cool with that.

GB can't keep him.  Should be able to get him for a 2nd or 3rd.

He can't command a massive long term contract yet.  He wants to play so he'd probably be amenable to a 2 year 20 mil contract which allows him cash in huge if he's good. 

The team needs a known commodity. Going after love can easily put us right back into the situation we are in now. I’d rather go get a bridge qb that can play for the next 2-3 years and finally draft a qb that can ride the pine for a season or two and be groomed to take over the position .

• Upvote 2

Flipping Wilson and Moore for Love would make a lot of sense, assuming that the Jets take Love’s 5th year option. 

Love gets the 5th year guarantee, basically in early 2023 and can basically start.   JD can sign a tier 2/3 vet backup.  Love is cheap next year, so that would offset the cap hit from trading Wilson.

GB gets a super cheap backup to Rodgers for 2 more years, with upside.

I like it.  

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately I think the best answer for this team at QB in 2023 would be Tom Brady. You don't have to trade for him so that's the first positive. He took a $15 million salary for 2022 so it's not about the money. He fits into this offensive system very well. He's struggling in TB bc besides Godwin their WRs are awful route runners, that's the opposite here. He is a perfect fit for a quick passing game that relies on the QB making quick decisions with the football. With Hall back next year he'd have an above average running game and a top 10 defense on the other side.

I'm not advocating for the move, I'm just saying it makes a lot of sense for the Jets and Brady. Although I don't think he'd ever come here. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Larz said:

If he does ask for a trade because Rodgers comes back the packers will probably tell him no. You have to go full Antonio brown to get traded when a team wants to keep you and I doubt he will do that 

They're not committing 70 million to QBs in 24' which is around what it would be with Rodgers and excercising the 5th year option on Love. 

It would behoove them to get something for him this offseason rather than letting him walk for nothing after next year. 

28 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Unfortunately I think the best answer for this team at QB in 2023 would be Tom Brady. You don't have to trade for him so that's the first positive. He took a $15 million salary for 2022 so it's not about the money. He fits into this offensive system very well. He's struggling in TB bc besides Godwin their WRs are awful route runners, that's the opposite here. He is a perfect fit for a quick passing game that relies on the QB making quick decisions with the football. With Hall back next year he'd have an above average running game and a top 10 defense on the other side.

I'm not advocating for the move, I'm just saying it makes a lot of sense for the Jets and Brady. Although I don't think he'd ever come here. 

Tom Brady will not play behind this offensive line. No way, no how. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, undertow said:

Is Jordan Love even good? lol

He looked pretty damn good during the game I saw him play when Rodgers went out.  Quick, decisive, good accuracy, marched them down the field. 

In fairness was very small sample size. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DireJet said:

The offensive line is not nearly as bad when anybody but ZW is playing. There's a reason for that but I'm not going to go over it for the millionth time today. 

• Haha 1

Just now, choon328 said:

The offensive line is not nearly as bad when anybody but ZW is playing. There's a reason for that but I'm not going to go over it for the millionth time today. 

I’m aware of the reasoning but MW still got beat up a lot. And only TB12 gets rid of the ball quicker. The OL is not good, IMO. Understandable due to injuries but the Jags had both starting tackles out last night and we didn’t sniff Lawrence after the first play (Clemons murdered him but ball got off late). 

13 minutes ago, Pac said:

They're not committing 70 million to QBs in 24' which is around what it would be with Rodgers and excercising the 5th year option on Love. 

It would behoove them to get something for him this offseason rather than letting him walk for nothing after next year. 

The plan is probably to get 5 picks for the old guy 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

- Matt LF will give Saleh and Mike an honest assessment of strengths and weaknesses

- Has years of prep

- Seems to be a mature team player as he's never publicly complained about not playing

Does anyone know how good or bad this guy is? No thanks

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

The team needs a known commodity. Going after love can easily put us right back into the situation we are in now. I’d rather go get a bridge qb that can play for the next 2-3 years and finally draft a qb that can ride the pine for a season or two and be groomed to take over the position .

Ok. Name a qb that fits into your plan.

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Does anyone know how good or bad this guy is? No thanks

I know Carr is an overpaid jag, Garrapolo is Glass Joe,  Brady is 153 years old,  no one is trading picks to pay Rodgers 60 mil next year.

I also know Love was a 1st round pick who has benefited from 3 years spent learning the system the Jets play. 

No one is saying trade a first and give him a long term contract.  I'm saying out of all the options he appears to me to be the best one. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

No Way Smh GIF by Amazon Prime Video

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

I know Carr is an overpaid jag, Garrapolo is Glass Joe,  Brady is 153 years old,  no one is trading picks to pay Rodgers 60 mil next year.

I also know Love was a 1st round pick who has benefited from 3 years spent learning the system the Jets play. 

No one is saying trade a first and give him a long term contract.  I'm saying out of all the options he appears to me to be the best one. 

And if he is total trash, then what? I'd rather just draft someone and have an experiment  on a rookie deal. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

- Has years of prep

No Way Smh GIF by Amazon Prime Video

1 hour ago, Pac said:

- Has years of prep

define all in lol

you people are insane

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, DireJet said:

I agree, but the OL needs to get fixed before we get a QB.  I think we can sign OL if we sign TB, and vice versa.  It would need to be a coordinated effort.  

Tom Brady needs to rehabilitate himself personally.  He can’t be playing on the WC with his own family on the East Coast, including a son in NYC.   What he actually does will be instructive.  

Just now, varjet said:

I agree, but the OL needs to get fixed before we get a QB.  I think we can sign OL if we sign TB, and vice versa.  It would need to be a coordinated effort.  

Tom Brady needs to rehabilitate himself personally.  He can’t be playing on the WC with his own family on the East Coast, including a son in NYC.   What he actually does will be instructive.  

I’d accept TB12 w/MW as his backup to learn from him and then takeover as the starter in 2024. This might be the best case scenario and still feels unlikely. Let me rephrase that: VERY unlikely. 

• Upvote 1