I like Metlife Stadium!

kevinc855

Kevin comparing the NJ swamp to 25 yards off the Laguardia runway in Queens as the pro-Met Life argument is priceless.  I suspect Kevin is to young to have gone to a Jets game at the old Giant Stadium.   It was actually a better place to watch a Jets game than the new Giants/Jets Stadium.  At least you could see the game without a nose bleed.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Kevin comparing the NJ swamp to 25 yards off the Laguardia runway in Queens as the pro-Met Life argument is priceless.  I suspect Kevin is to young to have gone to a Jets game at the old Giant Stadium.   It was actually a better place to watch a Jets game than the new Giants/Jets Stadium.  At least you could see the game without a nose bleed.  

That swamp is my hometown - or at least close by.?

lots of really good junkyards over there.

since I’m here, have a home playoff game and we will all be friends again.

no stadium threads until we suck again

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Dude im in my 30s. Been to a TON of games at Giant Stadium. Place was a dump with a blue GIANTS STADIUM logo.....

Yea no thanks

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Dude im in my 30s. Been to a TON of games at Giant Stadium. Place was a dump with a blue GIANTS STADIUM logo.....

Yea no thanks

It was a much better venue to watch an actual football game.  Met Life is half a stadium.  1/2 for the corporate crowd and a dump a mile from the field for the fans.  

I've been to at least 15 NFL stadiums.  Met Life is one of the worst in the NFL.  

Dude did your momy or dady take you to games at Giant Stadium?  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

It was a much better venue to watch an actual football game.  Met Life is half a stadium.  1/2 for the corporate crowd and a dump a mile from the field for the fans.  

I've been to at least 15 NFL stadiums.  Met Life is one of the worst in the NFL.  

Hard disagree....explanation in the video. 

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Hard disagree....explanation in the video. 

In 12 seasons both teams have a lossing record at Met Life and there has been 1 home playoff game by the Giants at Met Life.  This year the Jets are 3 and 5 at Met Life.  It's among the worst home fields in the NFL.  

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

In 12 seasons both teams have a lossing record at Met Life and there has been 1 home playoff game by the Giants at Met Life.  This year the Jets are 3 and 5 at Met Life.  It's among the worst home fields in the NFL.  

What’s that have to do with the stadium? Were they good at giants stadium? Lol or shea? 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How many times have you been there?

It consistently ranks near the bottom.  Not as bad as FedEx field in Washington but on a relative basis one of the worst fan experience stadiums in the NFL. 

Having nothing to do with money spent to build because Green Bay and Arrowhead are consistently in the top 5.  So is Sofi, and the Vikings stadium.  

From my own experience as a former Cardinals season ticket holder.  Far better game day experience, view of the field, better food, lower cost, better parking.  It's also not a luxurious stadium and it's not a big stadium which is a plus.  They spent money to protect the fans from weather but it's really a concrete low cost stadium with the exception of the field itself and the roof.   It is domed and the dome retracts which is great for night games and late season games when the weather is good.   You can be in the upper deck and you're relatively close to the action compared to Met Life.  

13 minutes ago, Biggs said:

It consistently ranks near the bottom.  Not as bad as FedEx field in Washington but on a relative basis one of the worst fan experience stadiums in the NFL. 

Having nothing to do with money spent to build because Green Bay and Arrowhead are consistently in the top 5.  So is Sofi, and the Vikings stadium.  

From my own experience as a former Cardinals season ticket holder.  Far better game day experience, view of the field, better food, lower cost, better parking.  It's also not a luxurious stadium and it's not a big stadium which is a plus.  They spent money to protect the fans from weather but it's really a concrete low cost stadium with the exception of the field itself and the roof.   It is domed and the dome retracts which is great for night games and late season games when the weather is good.   You can be in the upper deck and you're relatively close to the action compared to Met Life.  

I have no idea how they rank stadiums and who ranks them.  Arrowhead was consistently in the top of the league while the old Giants stadium was near the bottom.  They’re the exact same building built by the same group.  I don’t care about concessions, variety of foods etc and whatever “fan experience” they arbitrarily rated.  

45 minutes ago, Trotter said:

That swamp is my hometown - or at least close by.?

lots of really good junkyards over there.

since I’m here, have a home playoff game and we will all be friends again.

no stadium threads until we suck again

Ridgewood is close to the swamp.  When I lived in NYC I used to drive out to Bomgart's to stuff myself on Chinese food and Ice Cream sundays.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I have no idea how they rank stadiums and who ranks them.  Arrowhead was consistently in the top of the league while the old Giants stadium was near the bottom.  They’re the exact same building built by the same group.  I don’t care about concessions, variety of foods etc and whatever “fan experience” they arbitrarily rated.  

Arrowhead is awesome.  Great food, wonderful HOF in the stadium basement.  You would love walking around the HOF.  All the guys the Jets team played against in the 60's.  The stadium is also rocking and the seating is very close to the field.  It has a lot more personality than the old Giant stadium.  I actually liked the field view in the old Giant Stadium even though it was a nondiscript boring building.  Arrowhead has a lot of fun touches that the old Giant stadium didn't have.  

• Upvote 3

I was a season ticket holder for both Giants stadium and Metlife. They both were just concrete slabs with no personality and the wind on cold days just was and still is the worst. Maybe Shea's wind was a little worse since the dirt just flew up everywhere. In the upper tiers at Giants stadium you felt like you were miles away from the action. The only good thing was the ushers did not even want to climb the stairs so smoking weed and sneaking in and drinking beer in uppers was no issue. The first cold game at Metlife I told the usher to close the blades on the stadium thinking they could close like blinds and would prevent the wind from streaming through from one gold post to the other; what a joke.  For two teams spending billions of $ on one stadium they should have at least put a dome on the stadium and gave it some life. They really should name it JetDeath stadium.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, BigB said:

I was a season ticket holder for both Giants stadium and Metlife. They both were just concrete slabs with no personality and the wind on cold days just was and still is the worst. Maybe Shea's wind was a little worse since the dirt just flew up everywhere. In the upper tiers at Giants stadium you felt like you were miles away from the action. The only good thing was the ushers did not even want to climb the stairs so smoking weed and sneaking in and drinking beer in uppers was no issue. The first cold game at Metlife I told the usher to close the blades on the stadium thinking they could close like blinds and would prevent the wind from streaming through from one gold post to the other; what a joke.  For two teams spending billions of $ on one stadium they should have at least put a dome on the stadium and gave it some life. They really should name it JetDeath stadium.

Domes for the weak

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Arrowhead is awesome.  Great food, wonderful HOF in the stadium basement.  You would love walking around the HOF.  All the guys the Jets team played against in the 60's.  The stadium is also rocking and the seating is very close to the field.  It has a lot more personality than the old Giant stadium.  I actually liked the field view in the old Giant Stadium even though it was a nondiscript boring building.  Arrowhead has a lot of fun touches that the old Giant stadium didn't have.  

If you are in the lower level at Arrowhead, you can leave your seat and be out of the stadium in 45 seconds.  MetLife involves being jam packed like sardines in a concourse trying to get to a single escalator.  In an emergency people will die from being trampled.  Absolutely no consideration was given to the flow of foot traffic.   

• Upvote 1