Our next drafted QB

EM31

19 minutes ago, xJayce said:

Who wrote this scouting report? A 12 year old? Ugh...

image.png.4bd7a5602e9bf4a1a59d3d445494e869.png

In the first paragraph, where are we 'qualifying' the stats? Excellent yards? Excellent TDs? WTH?!

In the Strengths, they used 6 bullets to mention that he's an athlete, has speed, and can work the read option (I color coded by theme, cause why not). Felt like that would be one, maybe 2 bullets? I'm also not seeing anything about this ABILITY TO THROW?!

In the weakness, he's inaccurate with bad mechanics, as well as throwing off his back foot? And doesn't given receivers a chance to make a play? WTH?!??! Is this another Zach? Why would we do this to ourselves?!?!?

Sorry... I need to lay off the caffeine for a bit I think...

I think they just cut and paste the same bullet points for every QB, but mixed them up a bit. LOL

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TNJet said:

I'd bring in Marcus Mariota to compete with MW. Mariota could win some games with this wr core given we improve the offensive line. He's also pretty mobile. Draft Hooker in round 2 to sit for a year and learn. My personal preference.

I thought the same going into this year but after watching enough Falcons football this year, no thanks. Mariotta is not the answer. 

The organization has already shown that they cannot draft and develop a quarterback. Time for an experienced arm. There will be few decent guy's available next season that can win. Focus on keeping the rest of the team strong.    

No, I don't think Mike White is the guy. 

10 hours ago, EM31 said:

Must: Be NFL-sized (yes this includes hand size because that is not just important to the MILFs and Tomshane).  Look he needs to be able to see over NFL defensive linemen and he needs to be big enough to take a hit every now and then.. He needs to play in December and January in the North east.

Must: Not have questions about durability coming in

Must: Have played enough games against enough good defenses to have at least some idea what running an NFL offense might be like

Must: Be ready to sit for a year at the next level

Must: Be provided with adequate coaching

Strongly preferred: Has a record of accuracy

Must: Be provided with at least adequate protection.  Hopefully better than that but at least adequate.

Nice to Have: A big arm

We should be drafting one of these guys every single year if we need to until we end up hitting on one.

Drake Maye

10 hours ago, EM31 said:

Must: Be NFL-sized (yes this includes hand size because that is not just important to the MILFs and Tomshane).  Look he needs to be able to see over NFL defensive linemen and he needs to be big enough to take a hit every now and then.. He needs to play in December and January in the North east.

Must: Not have questions about durability coming in

Must: Have played enough games against enough good defenses to have at least some idea what running an NFL offense might be like

Must: Be ready to sit for a year at the next level

Must: Be provided with adequate coaching

Strongly preferred: Has a record of accuracy

Must: Be provided with at least adequate protection.  Hopefully better than that but at least adequate.

Nice to Have: A big arm

We should be drafting one of these guys every single year if we need to until we end up hitting on one.

One obvious is leadership, or at the very least is being named captain on their college team.  Obvious red flag if they are not a captain.

8 hours ago, PepPep said:

This is how I feel. 

I want the Jets to cut Davis, Tomlinson, Berrios, maybe even Mosley so you can clear cap to bring in a legit vet FA QB, resign Huff, Quincy and Herbig. Then draft OT and WR in Rds 1 and 2. LB and IOL in Rd. 3 and 4.

If there is a raw, high-upside QB sitting there is Rd. 5 (big arm, good size, athletic) then I guess take him to sit behind Zach and the vet FA. If not, take a safety or IDL. 

If the Jets really, really like a QB. Who am I to say one shouldn't be taken, even if its early. Would it be so wrong to take Anthony Richardson for example and sit him behind a vet? Unleash him next year? I don't know. But its not how I would approach the draft. 

Richardson is dropping might even be a late 1, 2nd rounder by April.

4 hours ago, BB_Jets said:

The organization has already shown that they cannot draft and develop a quarterback. Time for an experienced arm. There will be few decent guy's available next season that can win. Focus on keeping the rest of the team strong.    

No, I don't think Mike White is the guy. 

I think bring in high end vet on a two year deal and draft a kid to sit behind him at least for a year.

Edited by Dunnie

10 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I hope the Jets never draft another QB again...at least not in the early round(s).  There are some teams who cannot draft certain positions and the QB position for the Jets has been elusive.  History shows we have drafted QB's from multiple conferences and we come up empty.  You'll also see in the history of the Jets drafts where we've passed on HOF and future HOF QB's.  And this is from different GM's and scouting teams through the years...STAY AWAY FROM DRAFTING QUARTERBACKS!

I have an idea… What position do we draft well? Let’s just keep taking that one.