Saturday games.

Larz

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I like how they’ll use max protect, keep the back on the QBs hip for pass pro in shotgun, keep a TE in. It must be such a psychological advantage for the young QB to know that there’s someone watching his blind side, even if the back is just running interference. With the Jets, it’s basically three seconds and you’re getting hit, guaranteed, on every down

Good point. 

We rarely even chip our backs....let alone Max Protect 

I was told Lafleur has "WRs open all over the place" tho ?

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’m not comparing the two, but if LaFleur schemed up these protections with Mike White, we’re probably a playoff team. Instead, it was empty set city

I agree with you and Lafleur seems to love his empty sets, and I hate them.

But on the other hand, Tennessee is just rushing 4 all game, they are going to have to change things up.  Teams attack us with pressure because our OL is banged up, one QB can't handle pressure and the other two are immobile and can't avoid it.  We don't make teams pay for bringing pressure.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not comparing the two, but if LaFleur schemed up these protections with Mike White, we’re probably a playoff team. Instead, it was empty set city

When mayfield went to the rams and had 2 days to get ready, it was max protection, 2 WR routes, high/low reads. 

can you imagine LaFluer trying to make that work?   “Sorry pal, this is my offense “

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Enjoying watching this meaningful Jags/Titans game, while feeling a bit of wistful envy.

Previously downtrodden teams getting in (eg Giants & Jags) while we are resigned to bickering about who our coach and QB should be for next season.

Ah well..  there’s always next year.

Just now, Green Ghost said:

I don’t remember exactly how it ended, but didn’t the Eagles him go for dumping the last game of the season? (he was 100% right to do it though)

He was gone already.... there was in fighting with the GM and owner after the SB.

Dobbs actually looks like a really good QB after they drafted Willis whos a bust.....wonder if they will screw it up and force Willis down everyones throat....doubt it.
He's looking like a QB1 and he's an UFA. Tennessee will probably resign and keep him as a starter next year. But if they don't...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wasn’t Pederson’s issue in Philly that he didn’t want Roseman interfering with the QBs, which came to a head when the Eagles were trying to tank a game and Roseman demanded Pederson play his QB3?

The national media just KILLED Doug Pederson for taking out Hurts in that last meaningless game of the year and  losing to the juggernaut 7-9 division winner Redskins.  If Phily wins that game they pick 10th if they lose they pick 6th so they lose Pederson gets vilified and philly on draft day trades with miami going from 6th to 12th thus getting a 1st rounder the next year and they still picked devonta smith at 12.

The 12 the next year turns into Jordan Davis the best DT in the draft.

Then the loony bins like mina kims start heaping credit on the phily gm for working the draft.

• Upvote 2

A ton of medium level QBs look pretty good when they have been in the league for 4, 5,6 years and just been on nfl rosters and learnt how to play the game.  Thus the epic stupidity of teams.....I wont mention any names, who toss out raw rookies to be their starters.

• Sympathy 1