Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This game had a pair of cargo shorts, a whore, 3 post restrictions, a bunch of inv roles, a framer and a ninja…..and you didn’t stop once to consider not all roles might be traditional?  Lmao.

I thought maybe you’d start to re-consider the Hess clear knowing that Ape had been basically vetted by BG.  

Meh it’s like giving a Doc, well maybe you can protect type role.  Lmfao. All good, you’re ****ed 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So I’m sure folks will need a break until the next game but….who’s running the next one?  lol.

@Stark mentioned in the scum thread he can’t run an Archer game until mid-March so we’d need at least one in between.

@Smashmouth - Deadwood?

Someone else - Yellowstone?  Or some alternative?

@GATA keep the good times and momentum rolling. 

Two themes based on recent streaming choices. I can design them, I just cannot moderate. No time.

WWE Royal Rumble 80’s edition

Narcos

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Really fun game 80, thanks for running. And thanks for putting a mechanic in there  to make sure I didn’t have to make it to endgame and make a fool of myself. And on a similar note thanks to @HessStation (masterful performance) for shooting me and @Bleedin Green for revealing when he did and saving me from finishing the very long case I was typing up at that exact moment explaining how @Integrity28 must be scum

Everyone thought was scum thus game. Haha, oh well. I guess I remain a hard person to read.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This is 100% true. Even with that said, I ain’t mad. It was a good game. 3 knuckle heads took it down to the wire. Everyone probably loved watching it.

It was fun, I aint mad either.  At the end of the day, my first 2 views were of scum.  So I blame 80 for keeping me from another elite performance as town.  It's his thing.  He likes to play my town dominance against me, that should have been my biggest trigger to not believe the results.  lol 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This game had a pair of cargo shorts, a whore, 4 post restrictions, a bunch of inv roles, a framer and a ninja…..and you didn’t stop once to consider not all roles might be traditional?  Lmao.

I thought maybe you’d start to re-consider the Hess clear knowing that Ape had been basically vetted by BG.  

End of the day, that was hard logic to explain… but yes, I’m happy that at least my brain calmed down long enough to put the logic together. 

Knowing the Hess role mechanic now, it sorta helps me understand why it was hard to sell. I’d have trusted hess over me too… the role cop is specifically meant to get the godfather. So I’d trust that convention over weird logic explanations from an ape any day.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This is 100% true. Even with that said, I ain’t mad. It was a good game. 3 knuckle heads took it down to the wire. Everyone probably loved watching it.

DT was quality enjoyment.  

And it was hard posting vote counts with only one hand that’s for sure.  

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I started to read the lovers thread, and stopped. Some people need to accept that other people have bad days - or weeks, in this case.

I didn’t want to get into it mid-game, but I had a family member commit suicide and my mother shipped off to a mental health facility in the last 10 days. I came here for a distraction. Just about everything in my world is sideways, and not being able to make good reads was the last of my concerns. I tried. I really sucked. I guess being a “great player”was never in the cards this game.

• Sympathy 9

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I started to read the lovers thread, and stopped. Some people need to accept that other people have bad days - or weeks, in this case.

I didn’t want to get into it mid-game, but I had a family member commit suicide and my mother shipped off to a mental health facility in the last 10 days. I came here for a distraction. Just about everything in my world is sideways, and not being able to make good reads was the last of my concerns. I tried. I really sucked. I guess being a “great player”was never in the cards this game.

So sorry to hear that, that's an incredibly tough situation. Hope the distraction helped a little.

There's really no reason for anyone to beat themselves up about this game though. When it comes down to the final 3 and one vote deciding the game, it couldn't have been so bad. In the end, the last couple of days there wasn't even any logic left that totally added up.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Everyone thought was scum thus game. Haha, oh well. I guess I remain a hard person to read.

Was less about you, more about the circumstances around Beaver getting shot, building upon my first post sussing you on that. I thought no way they’re lucky enough to shoot Beaver and have him be the cop, they had to have been tipped by the reads list. You requesting a list of reads, not just leans, when you hadn’t requested anything of the sort from anyone else all game, not engaging with it when you got it, and then after his death not directly engaging my post about you except for some tangential point or having any takeaways from the dead cops list of reads which seemed to perfectly set up his death. Felt like you should have been all over that, and I thought it was blatantly obvious exactly what Beaver’s reads list was saying.

that said, Stark being the only other one vocally agreeing with me made me suspect he might have been the one who got tipped off by the list and put in the kill.

And the irony in all of this of course is that the list actually had nothing to do with the shot and they DID just get lucky to hit the cop.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiFields said:

I'm starting to feel like 80 makes games, just to **** w/ me.  He's partnered me w/ scum, he's given me the dumbest roles in the history of mafia and he just gave me a role cop that gave me a false peak.  lmfao.  That's not how the role works but, it was for me!  lmfao

Actually, now that I think about it, I'll mod the next game.  I've got some great ideas!!!!!!!!

Scum MVP was 80.  I should have just shot Hess..   We had them all.  That's why I acted shocked when you had Hess as most town.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Sorry to hear that man, that’s a whole lot all at once. Hope it was a good distraction,  in the end that’s exactly what it’s supposed to be.

19 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Sorry to hear that man, that’s a whole lot all at once. Hope it was a good distraction,  in the end that’s exactly what it’s supposed to be.

For sure. I’m not attacking anyone either, just asking for a bit of a pass on this one. 

1 hour ago, Leelou said:

I might stick around and play again. This game was fun 

1 hour ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Good game 80 and good game everyone, it was fun and brought back a lot of fun memories.

Did I save Mafia or destroy it for good?  Cuz there’s no in-between there.  

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

During game:  Constant tinfoiling about setup (3rd party team, whacky roles and dynamics, forced gambits, etc)

After game:  80 added a wrinkle to a role? I’m shocked.  Shocked I tell you.  

I mean, a little more than a wrinkle, it was full on bull sh*t to have that in there but that’s your style, so I should have known better but it’s been years, you forget things, like how to handle a blockheads melt down and personal attacks while playing the victim. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@JiFields handled postgame like a champ all things considered.

@Pac is just a whiny b*tch.  Got a killer role (which I gave him cuz I know he hates being VT) too.  Thinking about rescinding his Town MVP award…

Any other situation I’d be pissed but since it’s you, I blame myself 

• Haha 2