Super Bowl Game Thread

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Frankly, I like that she actually sang - and didn’t dress like a shank. She just had a baby. Like her music or not, she’s a legend in her genre. 

There’s better things to complain about, like the entertainment level of the game itself. 

And she's a billionaire who gives zero f**ks about the h8ers.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Frankly, I like that she actually sang - and didn’t dress like a shank. She just had a baby. Like her music or not, she’s a legend in her genre. 

There’s better things to complain about, like the entertainment level of the game itself. 

Those platforms triggered my anxiety 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"I've never heard a Rihanna song before and also her music sucks and I hate her"

If someone can explain the originality and uniqueness of modern music as a whole, I’d love to hear it.

Rock is straight up dead, modern country is braid dead and all sounds the same, modern rap is brain dead and all sounds the same, modern pop is brain dead and all sounds the same…

I don’t see this as a “well, back in my day” generational thing.

The majority of all of this sh*t, across the genres, is objectively terrible.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Nike is Nike because of one shoe.  

Nike is Nike because oof brilliant brand strategy. Their products suck. Their understanding of brand and storytelling set them apart at the beginning, and continues to cement their position.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

If someone can explain the originality and uniqueness of modern music as a whole, I’d love to hear it.

Rock is straight up dead, modern country is braid dead and all sounds the same, modern rap is brain dead and all sounds the same, modern pop is brain dead and all sounds the same…

You can be right about all of this AND Rihanna is still awesome.  

There was a study that showed that popular music has objectively less creativity (fewer notes/chords/etc) than it had in the 60s/70s, so you absolutely have a point.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Guardians Of The Galaxy Teaser GIF

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

The cornball 'until my son puts them on'. No thanks.

.....But I bet they did say something like that.  And they were right.

"Nike's expectation was at the end of year four they hoped to sell $3 million of Air Jordans,"

Falk, Jordan's agent at the time said. "In year one we sold $126 million."

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

.....But they were right.

"Nike's expectation was at the end of year four they hoped to sell $3 million of Air Jordans,"

Falk, Jordan's agent at the time said. "In year one we sold $126 million."

Broski, I don't debate that MJ did it for them. I get it. I got my J's too. I just don't need that movie with Mr. Ben Lopez trying to be serious and a story about MJ's mom being king turd and this whole over the top movie. 

GIF by Zack Kantor

• Haha 1