O-Line Depth

Can anyone provide a sane explanation of why we wouldnt spend the extra money to have Fant return on a 1 year deal over  guy who hasnt played in a long time and has never been in our room?  

My guess is that Fant is waiting along with guys like Kwon, OBJ, etc to see what our cap space and draft picks look like once the Rogers deal is done, but personally given Fant's versatility he would be a much more valuable signing then DJ Fluker (IMO)

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, BCJet said:

Can anyone provide a sane explanation of why we wouldnt spend the extra money to have Fant return on a 1 year deal over  guy who hasnt played in a long time and has never been in our room?  

My guess is that Fant is waiting along with guys like Kwon, OBJ, etc to see what our cap space and draft picks look like once the Rogers deal is done, but personally given Fant's versatility he would be a much more valuable signing then DJ Fluker (IMO)

I'd be on board with that, but maybe Fant hates the Jets for not extending him at some $15-20MM per season in the 2022 offseason before his value plummeted. Jets were probably hoping to be in line for a comp pick for losing him - and technically still could - but at this point it doesn't look like anyone's signing him before the draft.

I think he's a post-draft type signing for a team that has 3 starting tackles (4 if AVT needs to slide over), and are pretty likely to be drafting another.

Contract-wise Fant's probably better off holding out for some team to lose a starting T before the season starts. 

Meant to start a thread on this a couple weeks ago when images of Fluker surfaced from Bama's pro day.  Maybe had some growing up to do and got his head on straight.  Sure looks like it.

On 4/3/2023 at 2:47 PM, bitonti said:

this is not the behavior of a team that has its heart set on drafting an OT at 13 overall

On 4/4/2023 at 8:39 AM, C Mart said:

uSTADIUM @uSTADIUM

Georgia OT Broderick Jones is in Tennessee today to visit the #Titans and then Florham Park with the #Jets on Wednesday. A top 15 pick has a busy next few days.

On 4/3/2023 at 8:16 AM, Sarge4Tide said:

High School and college teammate for Julio Jones.  From beautiful Foley, AL, home of the famous mudbugs and maragaritas festival

(Fluker turned a lot of heads at the recent Alabama Pro Day by showing up in remarkable shape)

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJpbXBhY3QtcHJvZHVjdGlvbiIs

Come for the mudbugs and margaritas, stay for the beautiful traffic

• Haha 1