Randall Cobb Film Breakdown | An UPGRADE over Berrios & Smith

40 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Why is that relevant?  Berrios was released.  

its relevant because most make the case that he is just here cause of rodgers- which of course is true - but it is good to know that he is better than what we forced on the field for no reason. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

its relevant because most make the case that he is just here cause of rodgers- which of course is true - but it is good to know that he is better than what we forced on the field for no reason. 

I'm confussed.  I thought we signed Lazzard to replace Moore and Hardman to replace Berrios.   Looking at the roster we have Davis at 2 Lazzard and Hardman at 3 and 4 in no particular order.  Which WR is Cobb better than?  I don't see him taking snaps from any of those 3 being a plus.   We also just signed young, fast guys with real potential.  I'd prefer to see one of them stick on the active roster than give a spot to a washed up Cobb.

We have Lazzard and Davis who are the veteran presence in the WR room.  Do we really need to give a roster spot to another washed up Vet to make Rodgers happy?  

• More Ugh 1

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

19 of his 34 catches last year went for 1st down.  He's a guy that will be where he supposed to be and a receiver Rodgers will trust when he needs to move the chains.  Solid veteran add that only makes the WR that much stronger.

How does that differ from 3 and out?

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

How does that differ from 3 and out?

Tough one to answer, assuming Randall Cobb is 10 feet away from Aaron Rodgers in the flats w/ any easy conversion, I dont think you'll see the ball travel 5 feet directly into the ground.  I gotta feeling, the ball actually travels the required feet to reach the receiver and thus, the chains will move.

Make sense? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Happy how JD has built depth at the position. A few years ago, this type of player would be our #1. I’m not gonna cry about it when they’re the 4 or 5 receiver. Now they’re just depth to get in there and make a catch every now and then.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Tough one to answer, assuming Randall Cobb is 10 feet away from Aaron Rodgers in the flats w/ any easy conversion, I dont think you'll see the ball travel 5 feet directly into the ground.  I gotta feeling, the ball actually travels the required feet to reach the receiver and thus, the chains will move.

Make sense? 

No shit? Hell yeah!!!  “HERCULES, HERCULES, HERCULES!”

26 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I'm confussed.  I thought we signed Lazzard to replace Moore and Hardman to replace Berrios.   Looking at the roster we have Davis at 2 Lazzard and Hardman at 3 and 4 in no particular order.  Which WR is Cobb better than?  I don't see him taking snaps from any of those 3 being a plus.   We also just signed young, fast guys with real potential.  I'd prefer to see one of them stick on the active roster than give a spot to a washed up Cobb.

We have Lazzard and Davis who are the veteran presence in the WR room.  Do we really need to give a roster spot to another washed up Vet to make Rodgers happy?  

Well you can certainly make the case that adding familiar talent around rogers will help the Offense under Hackett and rodgers. I think lazzard was singed so we had an actual WR3 so yeah I guess he replaced Moore- but they are completely different type of player and I think maybe should be thought of a little more uniquely than just his replacement. Moore was def brought on to replace Berrios roster spot, thank god.

No to your point cobb, even as done as he as a WR, is still capable of playing better than Berrios and not being a liability. I don't think he is going to burn it up but I do think as a veteran who has such a good relationship with the QB and off coord that he does have some more value than just being the QB's buddy like say McKnight and Sanchez. Cobb can actually go out there at the WR3/4 on a play and make a move to get a first down. I doo believe that. 100%. But I do not see him really playing over any of the other, I think he is squarely WR5/6. 

As I talk through it in my head maybe I missed your point, apologies. I think Cobb at this point in his career is a WR5/6 legitimately and his familiarity with Rodgers and the game plan makes some sense to bring on the team to help us transition this year. 

I think Lazard is an upgrade over Moore, Hardman is an upgrade over Berrios and, much as it pains me to say it, Cobb is an upgrade over Smith.  OTOH, this guy is a flaming homer.  That rep against the Bears was just a sort of lazy rounded trip to the out.  "He puts his foot in the ground" and slowly runs towards the sideline?  It took him like 5 steps to change direction.  "Cobb does a nice job of not running a traditional slant."  WTF is he talking about?  If he changed that route I would assume everybody would be pissed.  Looked like he was just supposed to run up the seam - a route I would expect our TEs to be running a ton.  I think Cobb will be fine, but this analysis was pretty silly and I hope those weren't his 4 best routes of the season. 

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

you guys are thinking Jets super bowl... 

After not making the playoffs for 12 years 

And I'm the crazy one 

People just don't want to consider inconvenient truths 

Like how a 40 year old QB might as well be 80 in nfl terms 

That's a quote from the legendary lily Tomlin in the terrible movie "80 for Brady" 

I hope this season is better than that movie but I don't expect it 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Dude seriously wtf has your life become

That's a very big question 

I'm the most insane Jets fan in may and I'm the most rational Jets fan in November 

This is all going to end terrible I'm just not in group think mass denial like some people around here 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, bitonti said:

And I'm the crazy one 

That's a quote from the legendary lily Tomlin in the terrible movie "80 for Brady" 

Only a madman would go see that movie and admit it. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

That's a very big question 

I'm the most insane Jets fan in may and I'm the most rational Jets fan in November 

This is all going to end terrible I'm just not in group think mass denial like some people around here 

I don't even know who watches 80 for Brady let alone actually pays enough attention to quote it. What's next Bit, maybe a solid League of Their Own quote to hammer home a point? A little Bring It On, perhaps?

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, bitonti said:

And I'm the crazy one 

Adam Sandler GIF by IFC

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't even know who watches 80 for Brady let alone actually pays enough attention to quote it. What's next Bit, maybe a solid League of Their Own quote to hammer home a point? A little Bring It On, perhaps?

I take alot of flights... Sometimes really terrible movies get watched (passive voice) 

I had to make sure Tom Brady didn't win an Oscar and one day run for president 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I take alot of flights... Sometimes really terrible movies get watched (passive voice) 

I had to make sure Tom Brady didn't win an Oscar and one day run for president 

Just watch one from the classics list next time, Cast Away or some sh*t but under no circumstances watch 80 for Brady and so help me god if you ever do never quote it. Strangers come to this forum dude you're making us all look bad.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Just watch one from the classics list next time, Cast Away or some sh*t but under no circumstances watch 80 for Brady and so help me god if you ever do never quote it. Strangers come to this forum dude you're making us all look bad.

It's 2 hours of Tom Brady embarrassing himself 

And Gronk 

I can't be the only Jets fan to find joy in this 

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

And I'm the crazy one 

We’re not competing in a loaded AFC with a Derek Carr or Jimmy G dude.  Try to enjoy the ride.  If you end up being right you can tell us all to S the D then.  

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We’re not competing in a loaded AFC with a Derek Carr or Jimmy G dude.  Try to enjoy the ride.  If you end up being right you can tell us all to S the D then.  

The Jets have the 6th highest SOS and people are expecting 12 plus wins 

If that happens I'll be very happy to be wrong 

It seems like an outlier 

Tbh I'm more worried about Hackett than rodgers. Who thinks Nathaniel Hackett calling plays is a good idea?