NY Jets Depth Chart official now

Larz

7 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Means Becton is 3rd string, after the PUP.

Did you see Saleh’s comments on Brown? Not encouraging. If Brown was practicing it’s also possible Turner could be RT1. 

today was the first practice he finished right ? Maybe 2nd ?  The opportunity is there for him to assert himself before Brown gets back, and then would have to hold him off. 

the beat guys aren’t supposed to post about the line ups so we may not know until salah says he has a starting 5. 

it’s probably another 3 weeks before we know. 

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Irvin Charles on the roster completely flew over my head. I had no idea he was the #4 lol. I was too focused on Brownlee and Gibson. 

I’m not sure he’s the #4 WR as much as he is the preferred choice for ‘big receiver’ over guys like Hardman, Cobb and Gipson — all smaller slot type guys.

On the bigger side, it’s Lazard, Charles and then Brownlee.

In practice, it’s probably not that simple and I can see a situation where Charles isn’t even active on game days.  

24 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I’m not sure he’s the #4 WR as much as he is the preferred choice for ‘big receiver’ over guys like Hardman, Cobb and Gipson — all smaller slot type guys.

On the bigger side, it’s Lazard, Charles and then Brownlee.

In practice, it’s probably not that simple and I can see a situation where Charles isn’t even active on game days.  

So the 6’5 special teams ace is going to sit ? 

He’s not the #4 WR, he’s the backup X 

He’ll get a lot of run in the RPO game 

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

So the 6’5 special teams ace is going to sit ? 

He’s not the #4 WR, he’s the backup X 

He’ll get a lot of run in the RPO game 

Saying the same thing.  You’re calling the X what I’m calling the big receiver.  But I can imagine Hardman moving to the X from the Y (slot) and starting Cobb in the slot if Lazard got hurt.  

Same as if Brown got hurt.  Becton slides over to LT and Nelson moves to the right side, regardless what the depth chart says.

I said I can see Charles not being active.  I’m less familiar with the needs of special teams.  I can also see him being active.  I don’t know how anyone can say he’s a ‘lock’ for the active roster. 

8 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Saying the same thing.  You’re calling the X what I’m calling the big receiver.  But I can imagine Hardman moving to the X from the Y (slot) and starting Cobb in the slot if Lazard got hurt.  

Same as if Brown got hurt.  Becton slides over to LT and Nelson moves to the right side, regardless what the depth chart says.

I said I can see Charles not being active.  I’m less familiar with the needs of special teams.  I don’t know how anyone can say he’s a lock for the active roster.

The X doesn’t necessarily need to be tall. The X lines up on the LOS so is vulnerable to a jam. The bigger guys can get off the jam easier but DHop is a classic X even though he’s not 6’5.  X is a position not a height. 

Saleh said he’s a wolf on special teams. He’s a gunner and a good one. 

In the RPO Wilson will be inside , as the primary target and Lazard and Charles will block. 

He’s an absolute lock to play.  

gate fail GIF

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

The X doesn’t necessarily need to be tall. The X lines up on the LOS so is vulnerable to a jam. The bigger guys can get off the jam easier but DHop is a classic X even though he’s not 6’5.  X is a position not a height. 

Saleh said he’s a wolf on special teams. He’s a gunner and a good one. 

In the RPO Wilson will be inside , as the primary target and Lazard and Charles will block. 

He’s an absolute lock to play.  

gate fail GIF

We’ll see soon enough