Colts allow Taylor to seek trade

LockeJET

14 hours ago, Bungaman said:

I wonder if the Lions would make a play for him. Not sure what assets they have in return, but if they unload a player/salary and a pick, they might be able to do it.

My stake in it is that I want to see a Jets-Lions Super Bowl. My Lions-rooting friend calls it the Dangerfield Bowl. You senile delinquents will catch the reference.

They just spent a 1 on Jahmyr Gibbs. No chance

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They couldn’t afford Cook

What someone can afford and what someone is willing to spend are two different things. I wouldn’t’ve spent $7M+ on Cook, either. Taylor’s another story. 

2 hours ago, slats said:

What someone can afford and what someone is willing to spend are two different things. I wouldn’t’ve spent $7M+ on Cook, either. Taylor’s another story. 

Agreed, but given what’s already here, I’m not for giving Taylor what he’s probably going to get

• Upvote 1

Update: Executives don't believe Jonathan Taylor will net the #Colts a 1st round pick/package that is worth that much, via

@AlbertBreer

Breer asked multiple execs about how much Taylor is worth in a trade with the new contract involved:

AFC GM: 2nd round pick

AFC exec: 3rd and 5th

NFC exec: 'Package in the value of 2nd or 3rd'

2nd AFC exec: 3rd or 4th

2nd NFC exec: 2nd or 3rd, 'Less than the McCaffrey trade'

3rd NFC exec: 'Maybe a day 2 pick'

3rd AFC exec: 3rd round pick

4th AFC exec: 2nd round pick

4th NFC exec: ''Possibly a day 2 pick' 5th NFC exec: A 4th that could turn into a 3rd under play-time conidiations.

The story by Breer is here: https://si.com/nfl/2023/08/22/jonathan-taylor-injury-history-complicates-executing-trade

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Taylor was injured and missed time but he came back from the injury after missing a lot of games and looked bad. 

How bad did he look?  He missed two games, came back and went 10/58 and 16/76.  Then he missed another came back and had 147 against the Raiders.  He played 3 more 22/84, 20/86 and 21/82 before he got shut down.  Not great, but 4 ypc got Curtis Martin a gold jacket. 

24 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

How bad did he look?  He missed two games, came back and went 10/58 and 16/76.  Then he missed another came back and had 147 against the Raiders.  He played 3 more 22/84, 20/86 and 21/82 before he got shut down.  Not great, but 4 ypc got Curtis Martin a gold jacket. 

What you described is extremely  pedestrian. The RB position is about TDs in the red zone. After scoring 18 times in 2021, he scored 4 times in 2022. He also ran for nearly 1200 as a rookie and 1800 as a sophomore and 800 last season. That is a tremendous  drop. Yeah, if he was on the Jets, he would have been one of the better backs but 4 TDs is a joke.