*** College Game Day Aug 31 to Sept 4 games ***

Beerfish

Find it hysterical that Notre Dame, who pretends they're above everyone on some plane of high academics and ethics, is starting Sam Hartman. Hartman is 24 year old, and was at Wake Forest for 4 years. He's "grad student" or some nonsense. Don't have a problem with that, but just more fuel to the fire that ND is no different nor better than anyone else. Figure they will once again sneak into the playoff via a suspect schedule and get crushed immediately. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

I am conflicted.  I usually root for SEC teams in non-Conference matchups.  And the SEC East could be really weak this season.  A good Florida team and our schedule will be a lot tougher than it appears right now.  On the other hand, as the two time NCAA defending champs (expect to see a lot of that in college gameday threads.  In bold. I may even increase the font next week), if we just win our games, we will likely will get to the playoffs regardless of quality of wins, even if we have one slip up along the way.

But I guess, at the end of the day, watching Florida lose is just too much fun.  Go Utes!!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Find it hysterical that Notre Dame, who pretends they're above everyone on some plane of high academics and ethics, is starting Sam Hartman. Hartman is 24 year old, and was at Wake Forest for 4 years. He's "grad student" or some nonsense. Don't have a problem with that, but just more fuel to the fire that ND is no different nor better than anyone else. Figure they will once again sneak into the playoff via a suspect schedule and get crushed immediately. 

I’m no fan of the Irish, but their schedule isn’t suspect.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

ayyyyyyyyyyeeee my man! love seeing you around

And ya, what is it gonna take to bring competitive ball back to the swamp

What's up brother, it's been a long time. I still post at the other site.

Anyways, even though Fl is killing themselves they're still being outplayed....and I'm no fan of the Gators. As you know I don't have a team or a bias.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RobR said:

They're playing like it's their first practice. 

Yup.  Tough to play a big game week 1.  Last year we caught Oregon in the opener and they clearly weren't ready.  Tonight its the Gators.  Just don't look ready to play.  I expect they will be better this season than they have looked so far tonight.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Ya games real close 

I mentioned that when it was 17-3 and the Gators had gotten the ball back.  They were hanging around.  Then Mertz threw the pick and two plays later its 21.  They are not hanging around anymore.

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Tough to play a big game week 1.  Last year we caught Oregon in the opener and they clearly weren't ready.  Tonight its the Gators.  Just don't look ready to play.  I expect they will be better this season than they have looked so far tonight.

This is embarrassing even if they had to travel for a tough game. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Where is @JiF

After that start to my Football season, my 8 month old decided to make up at 3:00am, so I’m doing great.   Exactly how I wanted to kick off Football season!  

Just waiting for Napier to be fired and the next bum to come in and drive this program down further than Vanderbilt.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

dan mullen smiling ear to ear in the studio. not sure why florida fired him. this is embarrassing 

He gave up.  That’s why.  If he cared, he would still be there.  They gave him an extension before the season and he just quit.  Didn’t want to do it anymore.