Zach Continues to Improve - PLAJ

Dunnie

13 hours ago, GandWFan said:

Don't worry.  You wouldn't die.  As soon as you pass out, you will start breathing.  Every parent with stubborn little boys knows this.  Lol.

You're suggesting a hardcore fan like me just simply stop breathing to hold my breath? You underestimate my homerism

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

Compared to him being utterly incompetent, the improvement is massive but still nowhere near starter-quality.

In my mind thing is he was never as terrible in ps as he was in real games so question becomes why are we bothering comparing this current preseasons performance to his regular season games and saying he is better? Unreasonable method to assess progress no?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

In my mind thing is he was never as terrible in ps as he was in real games so question becomes why are we bothering comparing this current preseasons performance to his regular season games and saying he is better? Unreasonable method to assess progress no?

Agree. Only way Zach is extended is if he shows massive (unprecedented in terms of timeframe) improvement in live games over a material sample size, mop up duty ain't gonna do it. I hope he doesn't get the chance before his time here is done.

Before the Nauvoo Legion mobilizes: This is not because I hate the guy but because I don't want Rodgers to get hurt.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, jgb said:

Guess I need to look back and see who made that bet with me, then.

You had a string of a guys back out after you won.  

We have active: Zach top 16 QBR as a Jet: Yes - you pay 25 to the Red Cross.  No I pay 50.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I don't think they've visited but I do think there are aliens. It's almost a guarantee considering the size and age of the universe.

Umm, there was a senate hearing where US officials confirmed mechanical and biological recoveries of non human origin. Interestingly they are not 100% certain they are extra terrestrial 

38 minutes ago, jgb said:

Agree. Only way Zach is extended is if he shows massive (unprecedented in terms of timeframe) improvement in live games over a material sample size, mop up duty ain't gonna do it. I hope he doesn't get the chance before his time here is done.

Before the Nauvoo Legion mobilizes: This is not because I hate the guy but because I don't want Rodgers to get hurt.

With his progression at this point I think there is close to 100% chance he gets the Jordan Love treatment

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The idea that he's "continuing to improve" based on what he's been doing in the 2023 preseason is laughable. He peaked in the 2021 preseason.

Wake me up when he looks like a real QB in a real game, something we probably will never see in a Jets uniform.

The regular season hasn’t started yet and Zach won’t be playing when he does, so this is what we get to see.  

His footwork is looking better.  

Zach is working within the pocket for the first time.   In college he went backwards. 

He’s getting competent coaching now, so now you’ll see what he’s got next time.  

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:
But what did Zach do this preseason that’s getting all these rave reviews?  He threw all of 1 touchdown in 4 games facing 2nd and third stringers

It's quite simple my dear fellow. He improved virtually every area of his pocket presence, throwing platform, and short game ...

Needs to work on ball placement and perfect his timing next.

Leaving only the absolute stellar capabilities he has displayed in his long game to add to the puzzle.

The future is bright. ... Another year of development and the Jets are setup for another 15 years....

Get on board... or be left behind.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

On 9/2/2023 at 11:29 AM, jgb said:

Good I hope he continues to but that we don’t get a chance to verify that this season except perhaps some mop up duty 

In a perfect world we see both Rodgers and the defense play to their respective ceilings, meaning Zach can get 7-8 quarters worth of mop up duty with a start thrown in late in the year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, AFJF said:

In a perfect world we see both Rodgers and the defense play to their respective ceilings, meaning Zach can get 7-8 quarters worth of mop up duty with a start thrown in late in the year.

and do you really expect to see anything from Zach in mop up duty? 

we will probably have a big lead and trying to run out the clock. i would be surprised if he didn't hand the ball off 99% of the time with a designed dump off to the RB if we get into 3rd and long.

• Upvote 2

we will probably have a big lead and trying to run out the clock. i would be surprised if he didn't hand the ball off 99% of the time with a designed dump off to the RB if we get into 3rd and long.
Perfecting his play action game all the while....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, doitny said:

He’ll hand the ball off and throw dump offs like he did all of August.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Perfecting his play action game all the while....

of course , i can hear you now....

he is doing what was asked of him, ...did you see his footwork on those handoffs..... 

i dont know if your joking or not. i dont remember you being such a Zach fanboy last year. @Fidelio Zach and @Zachnut were his biggest fans. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Well duh me too but to talk about it as often as some people do if it was auto erotic asphyxiation they’d all have been found dead in their hotel room by week 9 2021

But nooo i gotta be listening to the Blue Faced Corpse Choir sing the ukekele version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow for a season and a ****in half now.

Well we've been screamed at for 2+ years that Zach Wilson is secretly good and are H8ers if we argue otherwise so let's call it even.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyLV said:

With his progression at this point I think there is close to 100% chance he gets the Jordan Love treatment

So you're on record saying Wilson gets extended for ~ $13M guaranteed when there's a much >0 chance ( @Joe W. Namath ) that Rodgers is still the QB in 2025?  Must be nice to live in a fairy tale.  

Also, Jordan Love is probably going to suck, hard.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

His footwork is looking better.  

Zach is working within the pocket for the first time.   In college he went backwards.

So you acknowledge he went through all of his collegiate career and 2 years in the pros without realizing he needs to stop twirling around with his back to the defense?  FFS.  Why on earth did we draft this guy # 2.  

I guess it was MLF's fault he was doing this at BYU, too.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, doitny said:
of course , i can hear you now....
he is doing what was asked of him, ...did you see his footwork on those handoffs..... 
i dont know if your joking or not. i dont remember you being such a Zach fanboy last year. @Fidelio Zach and @Zachnut were his biggest fans. 

I am more of an anti-antizaxxer ... I certainly know better than to take this sh*t too seriously.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I am more of an anti-antizaxxer ... I certainly know better than to take this sh*t too seriously.

That's fine, but understand that opportunity cost is why we go ape sh*t on this topic.  Zach Wilson is trying to figure out the basics of the game after the Jets used # 2 overall pick capital on him and missed out on the likes of Ja'Marr Chase, Penei Sewell, Devonta Smith, Rashawn Slater, Micah Parsons, Patrick Surtain II, Kyle Pitts and Justin Fields.  Could have also traded down for a huge package of picks and STILL maybe gotten one of those guys listed.

Again, it wasn't his fault he was picked # 2 overall.  But where are we supposed to direct our anger?  Douglas has done a fine job otherwise and QB is the hardest position in pro sports at which to project performance.  But it was still an enormous miss and it gets pretty annoying that we have to be told to be patient and that he's "rebuilding himself", blah blah blah. 

If he was midround prospect we wouldn't care.  But he has a contract worth over $30M and we get screamed at by his defenders on the regular that there's no real foundation for our hate.  Really?  Watch Ja'Marr Chase play and go tell me there's no foundation for the hate.  We got Ryan Leaf in a loaded draft class, and have PLENTY of reasons to be pissed.  If Zach Wilson turns his career around, meanwhile, it will be with another franchise.  Not the Jets.  Complete waste of draft capital.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So you're on record saying Wilson gets extended for ~ $13M guaranteed when there's a much >0 chance ( @Joe W. Namath ) that Rodgers is still the QB in 2025?  Must be nice to live in a fairy tale.  

Also, Jordan Love is probably going to suck, hard.  

if Love sucks then their whole narrative of that Rodgers is a great mentor and will mentor Zach to be a FQB will get thrown out the window. 

i said that in another thread and someone told me Rodgers didnt like Love. i guess Rodgers didnt tell Love the "good plays" .... sound familiar? lol

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

if Love sucks then their whole narrative of that Rodgers is a great mentor and will mentor Zach to be a FQB will get thrown out the window. 

i said that in another thread and someone told me Rodgers didnt like Love. i guess Rodgers didnt tell Love the "good plays" .... sound familiar? lol

Brian Brohm (2008 2nd rounder - Louisville) got to sit and watch behind Rodgers too.  That would be TWO strikes against him in the mentor department, lol.

• Upvote 1