Rodgers: Jets fans are too negative

dbatesman

1 hour ago, MysticalJet2 said:

Negativity comes from the gazillion years of losing.  Easy to say when you’ve only been with the organization like 6 months and spent most of your years with a storied successful franchise.  Try dealing with this hot garbage for 20, 30 years then come back and tell me to take a breath.

Its football, not real life.  Relax.  

• WTF? 2

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

it kinda is tho

why did he say sorry to Garrett Wilson? 

Arod getting hurt let down the whole franchise 

It's his fault for thinking he can still play at his age and it's the Jets' fault for enabling that fantasy 

Its an injury.  Could happen to any player at any time.  Its no ones fault at all.  

4 hours ago, jetswin said:

I got here in '68, he got here this spring...I was counting on him 

21 years old the last time I watched the Jets win the SB.....75 now. ..Don't want anybody, Aaron Rodgers included,  to tell me to be patient.. time is a luxury a lot of this fanbase no longer have.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, JoeDaJet said:

21 years old the last time I watched the Jets win the SB.....75 now. ..Don't want anybody, Aaron Rodgers included,  to tell me to be patient.. time is a luxury a lot of this fanbase no longer have.

Lol.  Its like people live in a world without real issues.  I wish I had the energy to really care and live life whining about a football team.  

22 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Do you have any idea how stupid what you just wrote is?
Zach Wilson is making tens of millions to suck at his job, and you’re saying those who are close to him should advice him to choose a new career.

Where else is he going to sniff $30 million in his life Mr. Potato Head.

He's not an NFL QB. It's a high risk injury career for him that can affect the next 60-70 years of his life that's ahead of him. Handsome kid, some charm, ladies like him, Swifties about to become huge influencers on the NFL$. Smart move for him is to fake an injury, never try to get back on the field and get into a TV booth and podcast studio ASAP.

10 minutes ago, JoeDaJet said:

God Bless you JoeDaJet, you're going nowhere, we'll get another one!

18 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

In your shoes?  As what?  Its a freaking game.  People need to live in reality.  

The reality I live in is I've spent a ton of time and money on this franchise, so don't have anyone in it f*ucking tell me that the reason is because we choose to boo. I'll boo if I want to, and I promise you it doesn't "manifest" jack shlt. Accountability is the least they owe us.

5 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

He's not an NFL QB. It's a high risk injury career for him that can affect the next 60-70 years of his life that's ahead of him. Handsome kid, some charm, ladies like him, Swifties about to become huge influencers on the NFL$. Smart move for him is to fake an injury, never try to get back on the field and get into a TV booth and podcast studio ASAP.

The Jets owe him what? Another 15 mil? Yeah…  I’m sure you’d walk away if you were him.

Just now, JetPotato said:

The reality I live in is I've spent a ton of time and money on this franchise, so don't have anyone in it f*ucking tell me that the reason is because we choose to boo. I'll boo if I want to, and I promise you it doesn't "manifest" jack shlt. Accountability is the least they owe us.

Its your fault you waste money on professional sports.  You can be a fan and not spend a penny.  It was your decision how you spent your money.  

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

and yet you have nothing better to do in that life of yours than to come a a football message board to talk about it…

irony GIF

I spend very very little time here.  I worked a 16 hour day, one of my dogs recently died, the other two are sitting with me very depressed and my wife isn’t having a seizure right this minute.  So, yeah, I have a few minutes to see what is going on in jets world.  I haven’t even had time to watch a minute of the jets this year yet.  However, I do like keeping up, just in case I do.  

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The Jets owe him what? Another 15 mil? Yeah…  I’m sure you’d walk away if you were him.

$15M in one year, national laughing stock, no career after and CTE at 40.

$15M over the next 10-15 and live comfortably into my 70's or 80's.

Yeah, I'd take option B. Because I'm not a moron.

15 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

0% chance of any of this. 

Retirement I’ll still leave on the table.  Zach Wilson being a QB here in 2024 I’ll leave at 0%.  

Even if by the grace of god he comes out and plays all pro for the rest of the year I still wouldn’t trust it. 

8 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Are you asking for stats to back up that older people get injured more often?

Yes, that a 39 year old player gets injured more than a 38 year old player and 37 year old player and so on.  

Just an FYI, studies have been done on the subject and have shown no considerable correlation.  Injuries happen slong the entire age spectrum of nfl players.  Younger players suffer season snd career ending injuries all the time.  

So, yes, please, if you have stats to back up your claim, I would love to see them.  

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Gonna be hilarious watching Rodgers retire next summer (at a time on the calendar when we have no ability to make any alternative moves) and Zach gets another year in 2024 (because we don't have any kind of a viable alternative on the roster).

I went ahead and fixed that for you.

5 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Yes, that a 39 year old player gets injured more than a 38 year old player and 37 year old player and so on.  

Just an FYI, studies have been done on the subject and have shown no considerable correlation.  Injuries happen slong the entire age spectrum of nfl players.  Younger players suffer season snd career ending injuries all the time.  

So, yes, please, if you have stats to back up your claim, I would love to see them.  

It's literally just human biology that the older we get human bodies are more susceptible to injury and the healing process takes longer. If you need stats or a link for that I don't know what to tell you.

Any study of NFL players is going to be useless because the vast majority of players do not play over the age of 35, and for good reason. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Rodgers is in my rearview mirror. Not saying he played us, but yeah, I think he may have.

Yeah, he used the increased brainpower from all the psychedelics to purposefully rupture his achilles, and then go through with surgery, a year of rehab, and possible lifelong injuries, just to play the jets franchise.  Its all just a scheme 😕  

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

It's literally just human biology that the older we get human bodies are more susceptible to injury and the healing process takes longer. If you need stats or a link for that I don't know what to tell you.

Any study of NFL players is going to be useless because the vast majority of players do not play over the age of 35, and for good reason. 

Lol.  So, your theory is just conjecture?  Gotcha.  

Oh silly boy, Aaron. You went from HS to College and then became a multi-millionaire in the NFL. 

You don't have the first clue what a Jets "fan" or any fan or any person who doesn't exhibit the athletic abilities of guys like you or the musical abilities of Michael Jackson etc etc 

Most of us struggle for 20 or 30 years before we reach a 6 figure salary. WE WORK OUR ASSES OFF. 

We dont need a lecture from you. I have a family. Alot of us do. 

Do you? Take your millions and enjoy your Midas touch until you inevitably die, and no one is there to give two sh*ts. 

There is nothing sadder than a man buried and no woman or children to mourn. There is nothing sadder than a man dying alone. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Yeah, he used the increased brainpower from all the psychedelics to purposefully rupture his achilles, and then go through with surgery, a year of rehab, and possible lifelong injuries, just to play the jets franchise.  Its all just a scheme 😕  

I agree, he did.

• Haha 1