Props to Wilson

Ghost

6 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Honestly I dont know what the future holds for ZW. However at least there is some progress with the kid considering he was supposed to sit and learn this year. I do think he has formed a better connection with GW on and off the field too

I completely agree

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I am not going to throw flowers this week. The non-spiking of the ball costing them three points made me nuts. Ball security was a big issue. People want to kill him for the pick late and rightly so but with G. Wilson I feel any more that is catchable he should catch.

He was over 70% completion which was fine and he did make some nice 3rd down clutch throws.

Somehow, Someway he has to find the end zone of some those drives

It's weird but I felt that there was a taking the foot off the pedal each time they got in the red zone compared to the urgency they performed with against KC. Almost like they reverted to playing not to lose or not to turn it over  knowing they could settle for 3. I think that's as much on coaching as it is on Zach. 

Felt like the "Gold zone" mentality was lacking?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Honestly I dont know what the future holds for ZW. However at least there is some progress with the kid considering he was supposed to sit and learn this year. I do think he has formed a better connection with GW on and off the field too

My question is, can he become what geno is now?  If so then he can develop here and become a reasonable starter.  If not and this is as good as it gets then it’s a waste of time

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Bouncing to 2-3 more teams post-Jets and then out of the league by the age of 29.

I think the kid could be really good.  He's playing exactly like he's being coached to play.  Get him a real OC like Lefluer in LA and he's going to be really good. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Similar career path as Geno except Geno has been far more successful in this stint as starter than Clemens ever was when he got his shot.

Yeah but Geno actually has talent! Clemens took full advantage of what little talent  he had and turned it into a very nice period of earnings in his life. Geno is actually an actual NFL starter, 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Vader said:

The interception is disputed for sure. it took freak individual effort to come down with it even, and Wilson was open -- surtain was turned around and it was thrown in front of Wilson but behind Surtain where Surtain had no chance on it, to even see it. Zach didn't throw it back shoulder as he did last week, it may have been an intended placement in front. We need to hear from Zach whether he was trying to throw back shoulder but mis-threw it or whether he intended to throw it where he did. He will definitely say it should not have been thrown but IMO it was not a high probability int throw...

He said it was too far inside, but fact is the interception was low probability.  Wilson hit it up and the ball landed on Surtain as he went down.  They were in FG range but would have made it only a 6 point lead.  That was the time to go for the jugular and you do it with your best and hope he makes a play.

3 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

He said it was too far inside, but fact is the interception was low probability.  Wilson hit it up and the ball landed on Surtain as he went down.  They were in FG range but would have made it only a 6 point lead.  That was the time to go for the jugular and you do it with your best and hope he makes a play.

The time to go for the jugular was all the other times they were in the red zone, not then.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

A 6 point lead against that Denver team run by RW is a blowout.  There was never a need to open it up and thankfully our coaching staff never did. 

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The time to go for the jugular was all the other times they were in the red zone, not then.  

Have to agree with you there. I still think Zach well, considering who he is, where he was (rock bottom), and what the team's plans were for this season (redshirt + learn).

But yes, with a season and polished QB we would probably have been up by 10 at half and and dropped 40 on them, while winning by 20 points.

13 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Zach was not good and you people need to stop pretending otherwise.  I thought this was the start of Zach's "revenge tour"?  That's what I heard all week, and all I saw this game was field goals and 3 for 12 on 3rd downs because of sacks and ridiculous checkdowns.  Remember how he completely wasted points checking it down before the half?  That's what he did against NE on 4th down.  Anyone remember?  Or do we just continue the gaslighting by saying "Zach did what he had to do to win" BS.

Trevor Siemien would have done better than 6 points in the first half, 22 points total against a historically bad defense.  Zach can only checkdown and hit WIDE open receivers on rollouts.  Just because we won against a terrible opponent today doesn't mean the struggles won't continue.

The Jets ran the ball every time they were first and goal.  That is not on Zach.  On their first drive, he hit Wilson, in the hands, on a crossing pattern at the 5 and he dropped it.  That would have been a TD.

If you keep measuring every game against where a third year QB should be, you will be disappointed.  If you look at how far Zach has come, you would see the first indication of talent translating onto the field.  The season was over when Rodgers went down.  Zach's progress has, at least, not made that a certainty.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Flashlite80 said:

The Jets ran the ball every time they were first and goal.  That is not on Zach.  On their first drive, he hit Wilson, in the hands, on a crossing pattern at the 5 and he dropped it.  That would have been a TD.

If you keep measuring every game against where a third year QB should be, you will be disappointed.  If you look at how far Zach has come, you would see the first indication of talent translating onto the field.  The season was over when Rodgers went down.  Zach's progress has, at least, not made that a certainty.

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Have to agree with you there. I still think Zach well, considering who he is, where he was (rock bottom), and what the team's plans were for this season (redshirt + learn).

But yes, with a season and polished QB we would probably have been up by 10 at half and and dropped 40 on them, while winning by 20 points.

I keep writing this but my sense is that it’s like a rookie year for him, where he’s actually being coached, his mechanics and decision making are a work in progress, and there’s enough good to have hope.  The difference is that we’ve also seen 2 other years of crap.

if wilson can continue to improve and become geno smith (can’t believe I’m typing this), then that’s nice and you can keep him as Rodgers’ backup and hopeful successor.  But if this is the extent of the improvement and there’s no more upside, then you may as well draft a guy in the 3rd round and try to groom someone else.  

1 minute ago, Flashlite80 said:

If Rodgers didn't go down this team is 1 and 4 and everyone is fired.  The best thing that happened to the Jets is Rodgers going down.  

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

Not certain it would've been a TD but GW should've caught that one.  I feel like our receivers have dropped too many passes for ZW.  Maybe it's the "catchable ball" thing.  Zach throws lasers.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Besides keeping the first rounder, why?

Saleh is a terrible HC.  We did a massive downgrade at OC.   We ran a complete country club to make Rodgers comfortable.  Rodgers spent the offseason dropping acid and working his bong reliving fast times at Ridgemont high.  

Rodgers was completely done before he took a snap.  Zach is a young guy whose dumb as a stomp who has had horrible coaching.  He's still better than Rodgers would have been this year.  Rodgers looked like he retired on his first snap.

• WTF? 3

Just now, Biggs said:

Saleh is a terrible HC.  We did a massive downgrade at OC.   We ran a complete country club to make Rodgers comfortable.  Rodgers spent the offseason dropping acid and working his bong reliving fast times at Ridgemont high.  

Rodgers was completely done before he took a snap.  Zach is a young guy whose dumb as a stomp who has had horrible coaching.  He's still better than Rodgers would have been this year.  Rodgers looked like he retired on his first snap.

Rodgers looked his age and based on that first series, i imagine defenses were going to blitz the hell out of him b/c he could be had.  

• WTF? 1

41 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

It's weird but I felt that there was a taking the foot off the pedal each time they got in the red zone compared to the urgency they performed with against KC. Almost like they reverted to playing not to lose or not to turn it over  knowing they could settle for 3. I think that's as much on coaching as it is on Zach. 

Felt like the "Gold zone" mentality was lacking?

They felt they needed to score points against KC and they felt they didn't need a lot of points against Denver.  I thought they should have kicked a couple of field goals on second down.  It was so obvious they didn't need TD's to beat Denver. 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Interesting take.  Well he can simply retire and not deal with this anymore now.  He’s got a great excuse

38 million for showing up next year.  He's not eligible for SS and Medicare just because he wants to retire. 

22 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

The pass was high and extremely late. Zach watched Wilson and hesitated, had he thrown it earlier, Garett could have gone in easy.  But instead he waited until a DB was right behind him before lasering it late and high.  I agree Garett should have caught it but he is likely getting tackled from behind if he does.

0AABBE20-38B6-4C50-B390-65A8ED4C1EB2.gif.c603ddcf045e7257623201490cba125d.gif

I see a lot of people are once again blaming the WRs for Zach’s misfires.  His accuracy and timing hasn’t improved much, he just doesn’t dirt balls anymore.  He still can’t throw guys open or hit them in stride and he still holds the ball and takes sacks.
And so far, the defense and Breece Hall have prevented this season from being over.

• Haha 1