JN Roadtrip: October 29th @ Cleveland

The Mistake By The Lake just took on new meaning.

That always reminds me of something Oil Can Boyd once said when he was pitching for the Sox in the early 80's.

After playing in a game with around 5 hours of fog and rain delays, he was asked in the post game interview what he thought about the weather in Cleveland.

Boyd replied, in all seriousness, "That's what happens when they build a stadium right next to the ocean".

We need to set up a home opener bash...and Bob, I need to buy you a beer for our stupid BS rants over the stadium issue.

I am on it. Now that we have dates and times the home opener bash will happen. On an unrelated side note I would like to take this opportunity to say that everyone here should visit:

http://classicharley.com

4H doesn't want to do Cleveland because just like last time (2004 - a 10-7 Snoozer Win by Quincy Carter) he is NOT READY.

I know for a fact he wasn't ready in the Flats at about 2 am.

As for Cleveland, if Max cannot pull off his current plan I will once again organize the tailgate as I did in 04. October is a ways off but one way or another Cleveland is happening.

As for Green Bay, sounds like Mrs. Guns and I are there. Looks like no trip to NY this year. :Cuss:

No way will I be in Green Bay even if Favre does return. If I wanna freeze my ass off I'll do it at the Meadowlands. Plus, it's not even going to be a good team you'd travel 16 hours to see. I don't know, I just don't see the point if Favre isn't there. Lambeau will be there. Go when the team is good again.

I'm actually torn as to go to the New England or the Cleveland game.

someone buy a s**tload of GB game tix and hold 4 for me...I have to get to Lambeau this year and a group road trip would be perfect..

LOL. I am sure it wouldn't be too hard to pick up a block of 60 or 70 together.

;)

If GB is the choice - y'all might consider coming in and out of Chi-town. I'm sure airfares would be more reasonable and from my time there, there's not a load of things to do in Green Bay. I could put together a couple of memorable evenings in Chicago for everybody but it's 200 miles to the game then on Sunday. All interstate driving and maybe renting a couple of vans is an option. Milwaukee is only 120 miles away and might be viable too. Just something to consider. I'm in for Cleveland as well.

If GB is the choice - y'all might consider coming in and out of Chi-town. I'm sure airfares would be more reasonable and from my time there, there's not a load of things to do in Green Bay. I could put together a couple of memorable evenings in Chicago for everybody but it's 200 miles to the game then on Sunday. All interstate driving and maybe renting a couple of vans is an option. Milwaukee is only 120 miles away and might be viable too. Just something to consider. I'm in for Cleveland as well.

Just make sure all of the girls are over 18 this time ok?

and you are just the guy to do it oh chief webmaster..GET RIGHT ON IT WILL YOU?

I will call my contact. Oh wait, I have no damn contacts. Let me do this. I will work on gettings some contacts and then I will get back to you.

:)

I can actually care less who is qbing the Packers.. I am more into seeing the whole environment of Lambeau field and its surroundings.

It is a trip any football fan should make once.

As far as Cleveland goes, I may just make that trip. Max, make it happen. ;)

:DLISTEN HERE BOYS AND GIRLS :D

REGARDLESS of how many other trips are planned, Cleveland IS happening. So get your planners out and put it down. :Typotux: If Max can't pull off his plan, then I will once again volunteer to organize the occasion. There will be a meeting of all football minds at a bar to be determined Saturday with tailgating starting Sunday morning. Also, bring a lot of $1 bills for a trip to the flats in the late night.

As for Green Bay, Robyn and I are IN as well. Start saving up because the ticket brokers are gonna be costly.

Is somebody going to work on group tix for Cleveland? Green Bay isn't even on my radar. Good luck to those of you who want to go.

If we can get a solid c0mmittment from people, I will work the group ticket angle. One warning however, when I tried in 2004 they gave me crap about not issuing group seating due to season ticket demand. :D

Archived