Pick up the option on the kid?

SoJetsy

10 minutes ago, SoJetsy said:

After his first start I would have said no but the staff seems to be able to coach this kid up. Zach seems like it’s finally slowing down for him this is a tough schedule but he’s showing improvement against good teams?

Shown improvement from being worst qb along with J Russell NFL has seen in over 2 decades. A major improvement for him, yet he is still very much bottom of barrel. Jets can definitely draft a qb in 3rd round for 1/8 of price who will do better. Thank god rodgers is poised to come back.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Too early for that decision.

The best thing so far this season is his improved consistency and better decision making. That needs to continue the rest of the year. At the same time, he has to start elevating the guys around him. Need to see the Jets win at least a couple games where maybe the running game wasn’t great and the defense was underwhelming, but Zach found a way to win with his arm. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Lol .... no no option for Zach except maybe the nuclear option.

I'm still wondering what it would be like to have a QB on this team.  

Man the Jets with a QB at the QB position what a beautiful dream.

Zach ain't it... 1 flash every 15 or so games isnt doing it for me ... 

Watching Garret Wilsons talent being squandered isnt doing it for me ... thank god for Breece Hall though.. 

We're fun to watch through my fingers as I cover my eyes and peek through.... getting wins while doing it has been fun.

We had no business beating this team and im loving getting the win there. Defense with their hair on fire out there.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I've seen enough of 2 and 7 turning into 3rd and 17 on half of the offensive possessions. I've seen enough of moving backwards and out of FG range when the D gifted you with field position that you could have scored a FG from if you kicked it on first down. Zach is a liability. Always has been, and that's never gonna change. Why JD didn't unload him for a draft pick after last season is a firable offense.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

He's getting better every week. But he's not there yet. I think a 3 year deal to backup Rodgers and then eventually be the starter makes more sense for both sides.

I'd be fine bringing him back as a backup to AR8 and seeing where things go from there.  ZW played competently again today.  Nothing great but he didn't screw things up either.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1