I Was Wrong ...

KRL

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Wilson is statistically just as bad as he was last season. In fact, his advanced stats are worse, including DVOA. His sack percentages are still bottom of the league as well. Desmond Ridder, who’s near Wilson (but statistically better) was benched on Sunday for reference.

Do you have a link for his DVOA? Thanks in advance.

11 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Right. All three things can be true. 

There are o-line injuries all over the league. There are bad coaches all over the league too. Yet somehow, every single other starting QB, even the ones with those same issues, still manages to get better results. Every. One.

Name all the teams that lost multiple C’s, were down to a C who was on the practice squad earlier that week.  
Name the team that played as many backups to the OL as the Jets.  
Then list the ones whose QB was harassed as much as ZW and played better.  And for bonus points came back and won his game.  

All those other starting QBs who had the same issues as Zach and had better results.  

Every. One. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Take the time if you have it and go through the rookie QB’s. There are a lot more than just Stroud Burrow and Cam who put up reasonably good numbers for a rookie. Kyler, Watson, Baker..:even Jameis compared to Zach was night and day. Wilson is in year 3 and still looks like a rookie.

Baker?  Baker was a Marino, Cam, Burrow type QB?  Came into the league, played like a winner from day one and maintained that play?  I forgot Watson, but all the others, the ones that there are plenty of every year?  Dream on

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I expect competence and he’s not that.  He’s the # 31 QB in the NFL among 32 qualifying QBs dude.  How is that good enough by ANY standard?

My expectation was maybe JD would try to upgrade on the cheap but I rarely get what I want.  

Where he’s ranked in the league doesn’t take into consideration wins and loses and key plays. Is he not 4-3? Did he not make some clutch throws on Sunday late? A stat sheet just shows exactly that stats. Doesn’t say when things happened and such. He by no means is good. But he isn’t bad right now either. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Where he’s ranked in the league doesn’t take into consideration wins and loses and key plays. Is he not 4-3? Did he not make some clutch throws on Sunday late? A stat sheet just shows exactly that stats. Doesn’t say when things happened and such. He by no means is good. But he isn’t bad right now either. 

No, he’s not 4-3.  The team is.  And we got there by the D forcing 11 turnovers and pitching 2nd half shutouts.  

And yes, he IS bad.  Terrible, actually.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I’m confused. The majority of comments on the game thread, at least it seems, rip Zach to shreds. Jets fans are heavily negative. Zach has been a polarizing figure from the get-go.  Just go online to YouTube and look at different planets and the guy’s post game I think he’s the worst ever. 

Zach’s biggest issue is he wasn’t Justin Fields. 
Fields isnt a better player, is as bad or worse in most ways that count throwing a football, plus can’t stay healthy but he’s Justin Fields, an up and coming superstar.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

No, he’s not 4-3.  The team is.  And we got there by the D forcing 11 turnovers and pitching 2nd half shutouts.  

Oh come on man. If we were 1-6 with him at QB you’d be saying Wilson is 1-6 as a Zach hater. You’re picking and choosing when you want to throw him in part of your narrative. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Which is it, Zach’s not 4-3 the team is 4-3.  
Wait or is the D 4-3.  
LOL

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

Here are all the box scores for week 8: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/

If you don't think Zach was bad against the Giants, please point to one of the other quarterbacks that played last week who were bad in your opinion and tell us why Zach was better. 

Box score watching, nice way to make a point . 🤡

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Oh come on man. If we were 1-6 with him at QB you’d be saying Wilson is 1-6 as a Zach hater. You’re picking and choosing when you want to throw him in part of your narrative. 

I credited him for his performance against KC, and have not once blamed him for that loss.  So you’re off base here.  

When he sucks I say he sucks, when he’s good I credit him, win or lose.  It’s just that the latter has only happened less than a handful of times, so….

Conversely, if the team was 1-6 and Zach Wilson was playing the exact same way he’s playing now, there wouldn’t be a soul alive trying to make the case that Zach is “improved.” You people are reverse engineering a narrative about Zach because the team won the last two games on the backs on defense, special teams, and buttfumble-level screwups by both opponents 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That will be the REAL test of how JD and the Org. feels about Zach.

If they decline the option, it's unlikely they see him as a future starter or future NY Jet.

If the take up the option, it's far more likely they still believe in Zach and his future.

A lot of season left for Zach to show who and what he is, beyond what he's already shown the past two and half seasons.  

I think it’s highly unlikely they pick up the option.   Unless Zach starts playing at a much higher level they’ll offer him a back up level contract.  
My guess he leaves to go somewhere else as a back up.  But I can see him sticking around to play under Rodgers another year. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I credited him for his performance against KC, and have not once blamed him for that loss.  So you’re off base here.  

When he sucks I say he sucks, when he’s good I credit him, win or lose.  It’s just that the latter has only happened less than a handful of times, so….

How’s a game where he throws for 240yds 1 TD 0 INTs and rushes for 25 yards and wins him sucking? All against a very good defense. Go look how the top QBs player against that D the last few weeks.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

FFS no QB with a football IQ >75 and whose balls have descended takes the sack ZW did on 4th down.

If  Daboll doesnt sh!t the couch the game is over.

if zach didn't take a sack, the giants would have punted the ball from the 30 instead of trying a field goal.  so there was no chance of winning.

:-)

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

How’s a game where he throws for 240yds 1 TD 0 INTs and rushes for 25 yards and wins him sucking? All against a very good defense. Go look how the top QBs player against that D the last few weeks.

It took him 36 throws to hit that yardage and he also fumbled twice and took 4 sacks.  One of them an unforgivable one on 4th down that should have cost us the game if not for some insane luck.  That’s not a good output.  

Meanwhile Sam Howell and Will Levis combined for 8 TDs on the same day.  Do you watch non-Jets games, or….

3 hours ago, Nixhead said:

So how would Aaron Rodgers do in this offense as currently constructed? He would get killed back there - that's how! Because of the status of our O-line we need a mobile QB back there. Rodgers is no longer mobile. Now he might compensate by throwing quick passes but I see Rodgers getting highly frustrated. Maybe by the time he comes back the Jets have figured some things out and have some stability back there. We can only hope!

The answer to your opening question was duly delivered on the 4th play of the season….and that was with our ‘healthy’ starting OL

28 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Take the time if you have it and go through the rookie QB’s. There are a lot more than just Stroud Burrow and Cam who put up reasonably good numbers for a rookie. Kyler, Watson, Baker..:even Jameis compared to Zach was night and day. Wilson is in year 3 and still looks like a rookie.

in a few hours the trade deadline will pass.

will at that point you just go with the fact that ZW is the QB of this team for this year?  either root for them or not but a change isn't happening outside of injury or really horrible play.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It took him 36 throws to hit that yardage and he also fumbled twice and took 4 sacks.  One of them an unforgivable one on 4th down that should have cost us the game if not for some insane luck.  That’s not a good output.  

Meanwhile Sam Howell and Will Levis combined for 8 TDs on the same day.  Do you watch non-Jets games, or….

So bc he took a bad sack he sucked. Gotcha. Yet still won.

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

in a few hours the trade deadline will pass.

will at that point you just go with the fact that ZW is the QB of this team for this year?  either root for them or not but a change isn't happening outside of injury or really horrible play.

No.  Put in Siemian then if they’re not going to add to the Qb room.  F**k this plan to ride with Zach regardless.  So sick of him never having to earn his job.  

52 other guys have to fight for their spots but not Zach Wilson.

So bc he took a bad sack he sucked. Gotcha. Yet still won.

Yes, he sucked, and the team won.  Both can, and have, been true statements. And he’s taken 23 sacks this year, nearly all of them bad.  90 for his career.

Just how often do you expect the defense to get 13 straight stops in future games, exactly?  

No.  Put in Siemian then if they’re not going to add to the Qb room.  F**k this plan to ride with Zach regardless.  So sick of him never having to earn his job.  
Zach > Semen admit it ....

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

some people arent so riddled with hate and can objectively watch a player and the context and see whats going on, many, cant

and what’s more, there are people for whom accepting they may be wrong about something, or at the very least, not entirely right, is anathema….the rest of us couldn’t give a flying f**K, we jus want to be playing meaningful games in December

1 minute ago, redlichtie said:

and what’s more, there are people for whom accepting they may be wrong about something, or at the very least, not entirely right, is anathema….the rest of us couldn’t give a flying f**K, we jus want to be playing meaningful games in December

Well the season will be over, for all intents and purposes, by the time November ends.  What then?

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What has Siemian done to earn the job?  You don’t hate him as much as Zach?  How come handing the job to Siemian doesn’t make you sick?
I’m curious, how is he better?  In real terms. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What is your title within the Jets Org since you seem to offer up evidence ZW is not earning his spot in Florham Park. How does he perform in practice , how does he do in the film room and tape breakdown - oh right you have no clue , but somehow you're smarter than the coaches getting paid to make these assessments. 

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Conversely, if the team was 1-6 and Zach Wilson was playing the exact same way he’s playing now, there wouldn’t be a soul alive trying to make the case that Zach is “improved.” You people are reverse engineering a narrative about Zach because the team won the last two games on the backs on defense, special teams, and buttfumble-level screwups by both opponents 

No not at all. I’ll say he isn’t good. But he’s not bad. He’s not losing us games besides the DAL game. And I’ll continue to say…. No backup swab is expected to come in and light it up. Hence why they’re a backup. Wilson wasn’t even supposed to play this year. It was supposed to be his year or resetting and learning behind a vet like he should’ve as a rookie. Luckily he’s still crazy young so it doesn’t set us back much besides having to decide on his option this off-season. So for me I’ve seen growth and maturity in him. He’s big time not making the dumb throws he was last year. He’s winning the turnover battle in INTs most games. I’d love to see him take more shots down field. But that likely comes with time and confidence. Let’s also talks about how he’s matured just as a person. Who he handles interviews. Last year he got benched pretty much bc of his play and an awful remark he made out of immaturity in an interview. Listen to him this year. It’s like he’s a different guy maturity wise. He’s still only 24 keep in mind.