Worse Coach in franchise history

Jet hustle

5 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

If Kotitie didn't exist, Saleh would be my choice.  Worse that Gase.  Worse than Bowles.   I don't see how Woody keeps him as HC going into next year

Worst Jets HC:

1. Lou Holtz

2. Rich Kotite

Saleh could be in the conversation after that though Charlie Winner, Adam Gase and perhaps some others could be worse. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

If Kotitie didn't exist, Saleh would be my choice.  Worse that Gase.  Worse than Bowles.   I don't see how Woody keeps him as HC going into next year

Gase was worse. The team was in total disarray and he was charged with developing  Darnold who imo had a legit shot at being at least Ken O'Brian. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Gase was worse. The team was in total disarray and he was charged with developing  Darnold who imo had a legit shot at being at least Ken O'Brian. 

this Adam Gase was the modern Kotite. these 2 are in a class of bad that the team hasnt seen in years

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

Saleh is not even close to being the worst in franchise history. Having lived through the Lou Holtz, Charlie Winner, Rich Kotite and Adam Gase eras all of them are worse than Saleh as I still hold out hope for him since no coach can overcome the injuries which have decimated the offensive line the past two years along with abysmal QB play. That said my confidence is waning that he’s the man for the job. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Hard to fully judge Saleh without seeing what the team could do with their true QB, but yeah this sh*t hasn't been encouraging.  Regardless he's going to get one more year.  We all know this.  They're not firing Hack with Rodgers coming back for another year, and no self respecting Head Coach is going to take this job if he can't bring in his own staff.

Like it or not it's another year of Saleh.  I'd like to believe a healthy Rodgers and AVT plus Joe Alt and Tee Higgins/Mike Evans/Davante Adams could turn this thing around, but who tf knows.  Only so much can be fixed with talent.  When we hired Saleh, he was sold as this fiery guy....unfortunately, every time the chips are down, all I see is him stone faced on the sideline.  Perhaps the occasional head-shake here and there.  Get ******* angry, dude.  Call out your team.  I know you're a "players coach", but damn...send a message.  I get your QB is out, and your best OL is out, and you have one receiving weapon....but maybe try to light a fire under these guys' asses?

But yeah....draft Alt and try to fix the WR issue via FA.  At the very least if next year is another bust, whether it's due to health or we're just not as good as we expect to be when fully healthy, our new GM/coach will have at least a few building blocks to work with when they come in.  Alt, Garrett, Breece, maybe AVT(if he stays healthy next year), Tippmann, Sauce, JJ, Quinnen, Quincy.  Let them find their QB out of the gate and then go to work.

Other than that I don't really give a **** about "defensive coach" vs "offensive coach".  Gase was an offensive coach and he was arguably worse than Saleh.  Just get a coach who can get guys to play hard on a consistent basis and hold players accountable.  IMO that's the job of a HC.  If that happens to be another defensive guy, so be it.  As long as he brings in an OC who knows how to call plays and develop a young QB, it's all good with me.  

All that said...Saleh has one more chance.  Healthy roster or not, next year is make or break for him(and JD, who I actually like and think has done a good job at stockpiling talent for this team, but like him or not he's tied to Saleh and Zach....if next year ends badly, he's most likely gone as well). 

24 minutes ago, Biggs said:

This team has real talent.  This team has now mailed it in two seasons in a row.  Yesterdays game was a full surrender by the locker room.  Has to be one of the worst displays of Jets football in history. 

The quitting and no accountability is unacceptable. But to the Jets and this coaching staff it somehow is. And they wonder why they’re the laughingstock 

This is getting silly..  The Jets do not have a functional offensive line.  Bill Walsh and Joe Montana couldn't do anything when the running game is non existent because line can't create openings and the QB has 1 second to throw.  Did you guys watch the game? 

If anything blame JD but it's ultimately the insane amount of injuries that have plagued the line for 2 years. 

Everyone is coming back and deserves a shot to make it work with some semblance of the team that was supposed to be playing.  That said JD better fix the line and they better make the playoffs or everyone is done. 

2 minutes ago, BP said:

The quitting and no accountability is unacceptable. But to the Jets and this coaching staff it somehow is. And they wonder why they’re the laughingstock 

I'm not laughing.  There was something utterly dispicable about yesterdays game.  The idea that these guys are getting a free pass doesn't sit well with me.   As a fan I have no issue when an outmanned team gets blown out.  That really felt like a team that completely mailed it in all week and it was lead by the owner on down.  The team doesn't care and it comes from the top down.  It's hard to shake that off just because an old injured HOF QB might be healthy next year. 

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Jet hustle said:

Recency bias.  Kotite and Gase were both worse.  Saleh is proving to be bad.  I liked the guy when he came in, I think he can run a great D and his culture was certainly better than both of the two guys I mentioned.  But it's not working.  Results are results.

The sad part and the sacrifice will likely turn out to be the defense, because it really is very good.  Hadn't had this much confidence in a defense since those Rex years.  And, it would be EVEN BETTER this year, likely Top 2 or 3, if the Jets could do anything like possess the ball on offense longer than 3 plays and, more importantly, get the lead that allowed the Saleh formula to work with this pass rush.  When teams go up by two TDs against the Jets and don't fear the Jets offense then they don't need to pass and the full toolbox remains open for the opponent.

In any case, Saleh may not be the guy, regardless of fielding a good D the past few years.  He has not been able to overcome the OL and QB issues that have been consistent and persistent since the minute they moved on from Darnold.

Not advocating that he be fired, but very understandable if he was.