Offseason/Draft Hypothetical

Would you trade Sauce for #4 overall given the board falls as described?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Sauce for #4 overall?

The offense needs a rebuild. Moving Sauce now for Marvin Harrison Jr. would get you an elite WR prospect and lessen the blow for when the 2022 draft class contracts need to be renewed and you're looking at Sauce, G. Wilson, B. Hall & Jermain Johnson wanting deals.
I think our secondary could still be good without Sauce but they'd obviously take a hit. We'd have to rely more on front 7.

I don’t care about our secondary. No one passes on us because they are always in the lead.

I don’t want to watch defense anymore I want to see a team score points and compete in todays nfl

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Well, you'd be an idiot then - lol.

Even if you don't like the QBs, we could get a haul by trading down (while it only cost us 1 player to acquire that pick).

Hey what if you just kept Sauce and lost the rest of the games this year and got the third overall pick instead

• Haha 1

The main problem isn’t going away.  

IMG_7722.jpeg.c8370ac190ccb01529698d0edbee5c77.jpeg

The NFL is rigged to favor the story line / star players that will bring ratings and has been very closely associated with gambling since teams like the giants and Steelers were founded by bookies. 

it’s best to just treat the NFL as entertainment ala WWF. less stress 

21 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You would keep Sauce and OVERPAY to just sign tee higgins or michael pittman in free agency.

Sauce + Higgins/Pittman is better then Harrison jr + ?.

No one cares about contracts 3 years from now.  We need to win in the next 2 years.

What Tier 1 or even Tier 2 WR would want to come to the Jets unless it’s for a massive overpay? Bad taxes, bad organization, bad f—s, terrible stadium and turf!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

On 12/23/2023 at 5:50 PM, Raideraholic said:

It’s going to cost more than a first to get D Adams.  They going to want a defensive starter too.   Raiders aren’t that far off - there will be no rebuilding for the new regime.     The Raiders would trade Adams for Sauce Gardner straight up- they need number 1 Cb bad.

Hi GFY

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Me either. 

Sauce still on his rookie contract for another 2-3 years is worth multiple first rders 

if the Commanders offered a first this year and a first next?  Maybe I’d listen

1.01 this year could get you more than 2 first rounders.

On 12/23/2023 at 3:12 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

The offense needs a rebuild. Moving Sauce now for Marvin Harrison Jr. would get you an elite WR prospect and lessen the blow for when the 2022 draft class contracts need to be renewed and you're looking at Sauce, G. Wilson, B. Hall & Jermain Johnson wanting deals.

I think our secondary could still be good without Sauce but they'd obviously take a hit. We'd have to rely more on front 7.

Why would we trade a quality CB to take Harrison Jr. When we can probably stay where we are and draft Malik Nabers who is every bit as good as MHJ. If if was to take one of the Qb's I might agree. 

On 12/23/2023 at 3:12 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Why would we trade a quality CB to take Harrison Jr. When we can probably stay where we are and draft Malik Nabers who is every bit as good as MHJ. If if was to take one of the Qb's I might agree. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The idea being we can add both a WR and LT to help fix a broken offense and try to actually win in the Rodgers window. 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Let's also not forget that trading Sauce for 1.04 would reset the clock on that rookie contract.  Because re-signing all the guys from that rookie class at the same time is not going to be easy.

Jet fans……. Wasting time talking about players who arent due for new contracts in 2 or 3 years.  Hysterical.

Focus on the super bowl talk come august, not 3 years down the road.