RB - Hall

WRs - Wilson, Pittman/Higgins, Lazard

LT - rookie #1 pick

LG - Vera tucker

C - Tippy

RG - Kevin Zietler

RT - Free agent addition or trade

TE - Conky/Ruckert

Its so easy its a joke to fix this offense this offseason.

See you in August to talk Super Bowl jet fans!!!!

Our joke GM will eff it up.

18 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

#1 draft pick a LT

Tee higgins or michael pittman at wr2

Free agent addition Kevin Zietler from Baltimore at RG

Free agent or trade for a RT

Starting offense:

QB - Rodgers

RB - Hall

LT - rookie #1 pick

LG - Vera tucker

C - Tippy

RG - Kevin Zietler

TE - Conky/Ruckert

200.gif?cid=790b7611a1l1hrzwfb50eumfgau36ko9vvp25j590sopx2pl&rid=200.gif&ct=g

• Haha 2

Think tackle is more likely to be:

Duane Brown -> David Bakhtiari (Packers cut)

Billy Turner -> Yosh Ninjman (Jersey native former Packers swing tackle who’s a free agent and a little draft insurance)

Mekhi Becton -> JC Latham/Taliese Fuaga/Amarius Mims

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, derp said:

Think tackle is more likely to be:

Duane Brown -> David Bakhtiari (Packers cut)

Billy Turner -> Yosh Ninjman (Jersey native former Packers swing tackle who’s a free agent and a little draft insurance)

Mekhi Becton -> JC Latham/Taliese Fuaga/Amarius Mims

BUt you can put Becton at LT and Fuga at RT and sign a top Guard. 

1 minute ago, derp said:

Like…the line is bad, or the alternatives are poor? I’m not sure I disagree a lot with either but regarding Becton I think it’s best for everyone involved to just move on.

Might not be fair, but replacing Becton with another oft-injured 6’7” manchild tackle would be a bridge too far

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Might not be fair, but replacing Becton with another oft-injured 6’7” manchild tackle would be a bridge too far

It’s almost inevitable that this is going to be an ugly repeat of prior mistakes. 

Bakhtiari feels highly likely. They can presumably - between his relationship with Rodgers, injury history, and the need - bring him on board. After how they paid Cook he’ll likely get more than he deserves but he’s not getting a 4/$80M deal so it should fit the timeline.

But of course the injury history is in line with the lack of durability.

That and not knowing how the draft will play out feels like where Nijman comes in. Local, experience on both sides, familiar with Rodgers, has played well in stretches. Potential starting RT if they can’t draft someone, upgrade on Turner as a swing tackle if they can. Not a bad move at least.

The draft they’re going to be out of Alt/Fashanu range. The next group is three college RT’s - oft injured Mims, 360 pound Latham (who apparently has nicknamed himself “Trench King” I believe it is), questionable in pass protection Fuaga. Any of them could give a Becton vibe.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, derp said:

It’s almost inevitable that this is going to be an ugly repeat of prior mistakes. 

Bakhtiari feels highly likely. They can presumably - between his relationship with Rodgers, injury history, and the need - bring him on board. After how they paid Cook he’ll likely get more than he deserves but he’s not getting a 4/$80M deal so it should fit the timeline.

But of course the injury history is in line with the lack of durability.

That and not knowing how the draft will play out feels like where Nijman comes in. Local, experience on both sides, familiar with Rodgers, has played well in stretches. Potential starting RT if they can’t draft someone, upgrade on Turner as a swing tackle if they can. Not a bad move at least.

The draft they’re going to be out of Alt/Fashanu range. The next group is three college RT’s - oft injured Mims, 360 pound Latham (who apparently has nicknamed himself “Trench King” I believe it is), questionable in pass protection Fuaga. Any of them could give a Becton vibe.

Of the options, I like Nijman the best, but even he was on the outs a bit with the Packers staff. If we drop into that 12 range, maybe it puts us in the Odunze market? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Of the options, I like Nijman the best, but even he was on the outs a bit with the Packers staff. If we drop into that 12 range, maybe it puts us in the Odunze market? 

Totally possible. I think the offensive line is going to be very challenging to fix. Think the Tomlinson decision will give a little window too.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

#1 draft pick a LT

Tee higgins or michael pittman at wr2

Free agent addition Kevin Zietler from Baltimore at RG

Free agent or trade for a RT

Starting offense:

QB - Rodgers

RB - Hall

LT - rookie #1 pick

LG - Vera tucker

C - Tippy

RG - Kevin Zietler

TE - Conky/Ruckert

zero chance at drafting a LT that can play Day 1 at this point. Jets useless won their way out of that plan.

If we are picking 10-12, I think WR is definitely going to be in play.  Get a guy like Nabors or Odunze and put him opposite Wilson for the next decade.  Fix the OL by firing Keith Carter and bringing in a couple of FAs.  And figuring out how to keep these guys healthy.

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

zero chance at drafting a LT that can play Day 1 at this point. Jets useless won their way out of that plan.

Even if they draft a RT who is good, so what.  Rodgers can’t run.  He’s going to get hit b/c qbs get hit even behind good OLs.  When rodgers is out for a month and they can’t score again this regime is going to get canned.  They’re going to ignore qb in the draft and sign some crappy backup and we’ll be qb shopping in 2025

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Even if they draft a RT who is good, so what.  Rodgers can’t run.  He’s going to get hit b/c qbs get hit even behind good OLs.  When rodgers is out for a month and they can’t score again this regime is going to get canned.  They’re going to ignore qb in the draft and sign some crappy backup and we’ll be qb shopping in 2025

its possible. they need to get a good WR like Higgins or Evans and get a legit TE in here. 

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

If we are picking 10-12, I think WR is definitely going to be in play.  Get a guy like Nabors or Odunze and put him opposite Wilson for the next decade.  Fix the OL by firing Keith Carter and bringing in a couple of FAs.  And figuring out how to keep these guys healthy.

I’d like to think wr would be in play, but truth, i don’t see it happening.  Douglas does like to go BAP, but we’re in regime survival mode and RT is probably the primary target.  I imagine becton is gone and either avt or a FA will play LT.  They draft a right tackle and sign a wr.  Truth i think they need to consider qb b/c Rodgers won’t play more than 12 games and having some stiff backup qb who won’t be here the following year isn’t going to save any jobs.  Mccarthy would save jobs.  

Nijman kind of smacks as a less athletic version of Fant when he signed. Not a steady starter, little position versatility. Between, the need for two tackles, this being a strong tackle class, and the Packers connection I could see something happening there. Lots of overlap.

6 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

its possible. they need to get a good WR like Higgins or Evans and get a legit TE in here. 

TE isn’t a problem.  You’d be surprised how wrs become good when good qbs show up.  They need a tackle and a qb.  The becton/wilson fails really hurt the team and douglas has been trying to fix them to no avail. This is the perfect year to draft a qb.