Who are you rooting for Jets or Pats?

doitny

Jets vs Pats  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Jets vs Pats

• rooting for a Jet win
    • rooting for a Jet loss

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Woody makes his money from tv rights. Tickets are a drop in the bucket. Cmon now guys. You are better than this and know this already. Stop reaching. 

It's not like he won't be a billionaire but, tbf, it's not just tickets.  If people don't attend games, he also loses concessions.  Plus when the stadium is overrun with fans of other teams, it (hopefully) embarrasses Woody.

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Explain more

so its front office driven….,explain the connection bw front office and players

The FO tells the HC they want to see Mike Glennon play over Gardner Minshew.  Or the FO tells the HC they want to see Nate Sudfeld play in the 2nd half.

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

100% end the streak and send Belichick out a loser in his final game at Foxboro.

That scenario certainly is tempting.  Though in a way, it's also pathetic.  The Pats beat us every game (except 1!) over the past ~20 years when it really mattered.  But now we're claiming bragging rights at the idea of squeaking out a win against them at the very end of BB's tenure after they've completely fallen off.

How excited exactly are we supposed to get over that?  

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That scenario certainly is tempting.  Though in a way, it's also pathetic.  The Pats beat us every game (except 1!) over the past ~20 years when it really mattered.  But now we're claiming bragging rights at the idea of squeaking out a win against them at the very end of BB's tenure after they've completely fallen off.

I don’t think anyone is thinking “bragging rights! This proves we’re the superior franchise!” or something stupid like that.

I just want to end the streak and like the idea of Belichick losing his finale game as Pats head coach to us. I’m sure he’d hate that.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Bingo 

When the Patriots finally fell off after ~20 years of dominance, the Bills and the Dolphins were at least ready to step up.  Meanwhile, the Jets are still battling the Pats for the AFC East cellar.

How excited are we supposed to be about beating them in BB's finale?  Do moral victories count ahead of longer-term goals?  And, yes, I do want to beat the Pats that day but I'm not sure what I'm rooting for yet.  

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don’t think anyone is thinking “bragging rights! This proves we’re the superior franchise!” or something stupid like that.

I just want to end the streak and like the idea of Belichick losing his finale game as Pats head coach to us. I’m sure he’d hate that.

I hear you and I agree.  But I'm also so upset at this franchise and I care far more about ending the "no playoffs" streak.  So while I'd love to beat the Pats in BB's final game, I'm not sure what I'll be rooting for that day.  BB will soon be in the past.  I want us to right the ship going forward.

52 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There's probably a good chance that one of the 1st 3 picks isn't a QB, which would leave Jayden Daniels (or maybe Drake Maye) available to be drafted by the Pats.

who do you think will pass on a QB, Chicago or Wash. if anybody passes i think its Wash. depends on if the new regime believes in Howell.

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

we will hear about that streak FOREVER if we dont break it before he leaves. 

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

who do you think will pass on a QB, Chicago or Wash. if anybody passes i think its Wash. depends on if the new regime believes in Howell.

Tough question.  I think it might depend on how teams value Jayden Daniels.  They might think MHJ is the safer bet.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, faba said:

Anybody rooting for the Pats  should be barred from this website hah

3 minutes ago, faba said:

Do not worry about who Pats can draft worry about how to improve our team

What if losing to the Pats hurts their draft position and helps ours though?

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

we will hear about that streak FOREVER if we dont break it before he leaves. 

We'll still hear about it, regardless.  I'm not dismissing the idea of at least beating him in that final game but Pat fans can still easily dominate the argument.  Ideally, we'll build a sustained winner here for years while they end up in mediocrity for a long time.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I think the tank crowd are a bunch of spineless losers but this game separates the crowd. Anyone rooting for the patriots is just a fair weather poser. 

Any real Jet fan rooting for the patriots to beat the Jets can hand in their fan card. 

You should make a video about this topic 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, doitny said:

after seeing this board blow up yesterday over a win i am curious what your rooting for in this game.

do you want to beat Bill that POS and end the losing streak. to make him lose his last game in NE.

or

is draft position too important that you want to lose and watch Bill get the last laugh on us.

it will be our last chance to beat him as a Pat and maybe ever.

this is a hard question for sure but i vote to beat him and end the streak. 

this is my first poll i hope i did this right ;lol

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I think the tank crowd are a bunch of spineless losers but this game separates the crowd. Anyone rooting for the patriots is just a fair weather poser. 

Any real Jet fan rooting for the patriots to beat the Jets can hand in their fan card. 

@Sperm Edwards Can we get a pretzel icon in the reactions section?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We'll still hear about it, regardless.  I'm not dismissing the idea of at least beating him in that final game but Pat fans can still easily dominate the argument.  Ideally, we'll build a sustained winner here for years while they end up in mediocrity for a long time.

with a QB yes, but not with a OT or anything else.

for decades Pitt, GB, Dallas, KC..... all pick in the back of the draft and keep being good. because they have a QB and draft well. we currently pick 9th. we draft GW at 10, Mahomes at 12th, ...you get the picture. 

JD has missed picking at 2, and 13. but hit picking 4th, 10th, 14th, and 26th. 

JD just has to draft well where ever we draft. 

• Upvote 1

I think NEP played better than the Jets yesterday both teams got Ws but imo overall they played better. And in recent weeks they've improved their losses weren't blow outs like some of their Ls earlier in the year. One reason is their running game esp with EE who is still a very good player. He's on a one year contract for only 3 mil but is a UFA in 2024. They also have Stevenson a good player although injured a lot. So best NEP can do is win 6 games and worst we can do is win 6 games. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

No they are the morons spilling beer on me during week 4 and talking about tanking because they don’t like the jets not being 4-0….they leave at halftime of games and sell their tickets to anyone who will buy em in October. They are the worst 

I didn’t speak a word to our intelligence.

No.  Player.  Tries.  To.  Lose.
Why does it keep needing explanation to more than tanks are always front office driven?  Like wtf is going on here.  

I agree

Even at 0-27 we were trying to improve.

We were just outclassed until we got the right players in the right positions and batting order.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app