College bowl games 2023....

Beerfish

5 hours ago, HessStation said:

I’m embarrassed for the entire state of Washington 

"this game" is what embarrassed you for washington ... Not All the other BS that has been going on there the last several years. 🙄

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

These 4+ hour college games though… it’s 1am. 

Tired Sleep GIF

I understand this weekend that the NCAA wasn't going against the NFL and yesterday was a holiday. But should have started these games earlier.Wonder how many East Coast people tuned out in the 4th quarter when Texas fell 2 scores behind and missed the craziness; could happen again Monday night. 

The championship is Monday night. Almost like the championship game is an afterthought. If you played it on a Friday night, mush less likely to lose viewers and not compete with the NFL.  TV networks pretend it's still 1975 and we all work 9 to 5 . The kind of bar culture that existed back then has gone away, for a number of reasons. Really, people come home from work, square dinner and the kids and then supposed to wait around for 9PM kickoff is kinda BS. Plus, we 'll get 15+  minutes of bottle blonde sideline reporter telling us nothing until the real kickoff. No understanding people's time is a valuable commodity and worse, devaluing their own product. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

I understand this weekend that the NCAA wasn't going against the NFL and yesterday was a holiday. But should have started these games earlier.Wonder how many East Coast people tuned out in the 4th quarter when Texas fell 2 scores behind and missed the craziness; could happen again Monday night. 

The championship is Monday night. Almost like the championship game is an afterthought. If you played it on a Friday night, mush less likely to lose viewers and not compete with the NFL.  TV networks pretend it's still 1975 and we all work 9 to 5 . The kind of bar culture that existed back then has gone away, for a number of reasons. Really, people come home from work, square dinner and the kids and then supposed to wait around for 9PM kickoff is kinda BS. No understanding people's time is a valuable commodity and worse, devaluing their own product. 

Agreed.  It should’ve been a 1pm and 5pm start times.  Or played Saturday night. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The championship is Monday night. Almost like the championship game is an afterthought. If you played it on a Friday night, mush less likely to lose viewers and not compete with the NFL.  TV networks pretend it's still 1975 and we all work 9 to 5 . The kind of bar culture that existed back then has gone away, for a number of reasons. Really, people come home from work, square dinner and the kids and then supposed to wait around for 9PM kickoff is kinda BS. Plus, we 'll get 15+  minutes of bottle blonde sideline reporter telling us nothing until the real kickoff. No understanding people's time is a valuable commodity and worse, devaluing their own product. 

Agreed.  8:45 ET planned start.  And then it kicks off late after the first game hits OT.  I am in the Central time zone and its rough to make it to the end here.  Not sure how you guys do it in the East.  Start times at 3ET and 7ET would have been so much better.  And I absolutely hate the Natty on a Monday night.  There is no NFL next Monday, so they are not going up against that, but Saturday is College Football's day.  Play your championship game on a Saturday night.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, jetsons said:

"this game" is what embarrassed you for washington ... Not All the other BS that has been going on there the last several years. 🙄

Stop yourself dorksdor, I was in the moment of the last two minutes of the game where Washington was trying to blow it 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Wow… it turns out the playoff committee nailed it this year with Alabama, Michigan, Washington and Texas. Early game went to OT and this one is tied at the half.

Not only did they choose the correct 4 teams, they got the seedlings right also.

You made me laugh where you wrote "seedlings", but I agree with you.

• Haha 2