Becton needs to go.

johnnyjet

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

That isn't  what I said. You bring in competition. If he wins, he starts, if not, he's a backup. Either way, he will play. Someone is always hurt on the OL

Becton can’t block anyone.  You’re better off with carter warren in there.  No reason to ever pay becton anything more

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think people are purely focusing on the fact that Becton sucks and looking at it through the Jets lens.

By contrast, I think it's very clear Becton wants out of here and will not re-sign with the Jets even if they want him.

That begs the question..... Who will want him? The Edmonton Eskimos? 

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

That begs the question..... Who will want him? The Edmonton Eskimos? 

A guy his size, with his athleticism, coming from an incompetent organization -- 100% there will be interest. He will sign a decent contract to start for another team IMO. Could be wrong but I think he'll be much more in demand than Jets fans realize.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

A guy his size, with his athleticism, coming from an incompetent organization -- 100% there will be interest. He will sign a decent contract to start for another team IMO. Could be wrong but I think he'll be much more in demand than Jets fans realize.

I don't see it. JD is gonna sign the devil that he knows after there is little interest in free agency. Caveat: I do not want to see this happen. It is merely a prediction based on past conduct. 

12 hours ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

From my vantage point in front of a large screen tv he could have been flagged for a false start on every pass play.   Cant compete at this level.   Should not be on the field. 

I was thinking he started to move early on most plays as well. Unfortunately, it didnt seem to help though.

On 12/28/2023 at 11:18 PM, Vader said:

I wonder if he improves next year wherever he is with a year under his belt...

I feel the Jets should move on from him.  For one thing, his knee will never again be the same as before his injuries.  That is a fact.

My opinion is that he can get motivated and be at his best for months in a row, and then he loses his focus or gets lazy, however you want to portray it, and he is just not the same guy.

He is up and down like a yo-yo, and I believe that is not the type of player you want to spend big money on for the next 3 or 4 years. 

Now, if he came cheap, like a 1 year deal for 6 or 7 Million, then I would sign him for that.  But, I think his market value will be well above that, but definitely not as much as Becton thinks it will be.  That is my opinion.

I wonder if becton sees the writing on the wall and would convert to LG for the sake of his career. His one of the worst DTs in the league. Could he even make the transition?

• Haha 1

After which  game this year did he show up on the injury report regarding his knee ? Week 5? Seems like since then he has been bad. He’s not healthy IMO. Something is off if he can’t run block well.