Firings Today

20 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Agree.  Doesn't pass the sniff test.  He must have burned Daboll in some fashion...

Daboll apparently had issues with McDermott in Buffalo as well. I didn't want him here as HC because I felt like he was a little thin skinned. He's gonna need a good season next year to keep his job.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wink Martindale is a one trick pony. When the blitz worked, the defense looked fun, but when the opposing QB handled the blitz, the Giants were doomed. Hard way to be consistent. 

Shut your big mouth T0m!!

-Rex Ryan

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

They will keep Carter.  They will keep Hackett.  But they'll make Brant Boyer sweat it out because Jets.

Eh, I don't think so. Saleh relies on him a lot. In fact, before every decision that Saleh makes he sings this little diddy:

~What would Brant Boyer do
If he was here right now?
He'd make a plan, and he'd follow through
That's what Brant Boyer'd do!

When Brant Boyer was on the Browns
Playing for the dough
He did two plays and broke a fifth metatarsal
While wearing a blindfold

So what would Brant Boyer do
If he were here today?
I'm sure he'd run a stair or two
That's what Brant Boyer'd do!~

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Wink Martindale is a one trick pony. When the blitz worked, the defense looked fun, but when the opposing QB handled the blitz, the Giants were doomed. Hard way to be consistent. 

sounds just like Rex ... but some here would Still take him back. 🙄

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

That’s why Harbaugh wanted to go a different direction.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

So was that it? The Falcons are the only team who fired their HC? This was the quietest Black Monday I can remember.

Commanders fired Rivera, but you had 3 teams fire their HC in-season this year for a total of 5 which is right around the average.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Black Monday warms my heart every year. Other teams GM's get their comeuppance for bad draft picks and making the wrong call on the ones they passed up on. Richly deserved consequences meted out yet our GM misses wildly on ZW, Becton, McDonald and not one firing so far. Even the Giants made a few changes.  

Woody says Douglass is the right GM because he's the right man for the job.

• Haha 3