~~~Saturday NFL Playoff Football Games~~~ 01/20

I see a few threads talking about the led up to today's games but no game thread that I can see.

Houston at Baltimore:

The Ravens have been the most consistent team in the league this year, but have they peaked too early?   Lot's of questions about Lamar and his 1-3 playoff record and not great play but there are some difference this time, the main one being Todd Monken who should be given a boat of credit for making the ravens more than Lamar running and passes to Mark Andrews.  (Monken will be our head coach the year after next when the Jets fire everyone.)

Houston and Stroud of have looked tremendous agaisnt a lot of the league, the Jets just beat the hell out of him, made him look like a rookie and then knocked him out of the game.  That should have been some kind of blueprint.

Green Bay at San Francisco:

I think the bell tolls in this one for the Packers, the Niners should have too much and clobber them but you never know.  If the Packers can protect the Love the game might stay close.  I'm still not totally sold on Brock Purdy when the game counts but the Niners should have enough here.

• Upvote 2

Both teams coming off Bi-week. If either of these teams are going to lose their opponents need to punch them in the face early and stack points. Might not matter with San Fran because that team can score in a heartbeat. Ravens? Built to play with lead, so if GB can get a couple up on them  early before they wake up? At end of the day the nice story of the two little engines that could probably won't. SF and Ravens win these two. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Both teams coming off Bi-week. If either of these teams are going to lose their opponents need to punch them in the face early and stack points. Might not matter with San Fran because that team can score in a heartbeat. Ravens? Built to play with lead, so if GB can get a couple up on them  early before they wake up? At end of the day the nice story of the two little engines that could probably won't. SF and Ravens win these two. 

Uhm, unless you know something that the rest of us don't, it's called a "bye week".    lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Matt Lafleur: "Brian, we are really screwed, this team has so much promise but are being held back.   We have a malcontent old QB who just held us hostage for about the 3rd time over his contract  That contract is just totally puntive.  Our young guy is ready and will be far better than the incumbent but he is forcing our hand.  Worse yet he is forcing us to play and retain some really bad players like Lazard and Cobb and Turner.  We could be so good, just a pity we are totally being held for ransom.  Is there anything we can do to get away from this white elephant player and contract?

Brain Gutenkunst:  "Yeah, we are in trouble, I can try, it's a long shot but I'll give Joe Douglas a call, maybe there is a miracle that can solve all of our team problems."

Matt LaFleur: "I doubt if anyone would be that stupid but worth a try, thank god my little brother got away from that clown show."

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Lith said:

Pretty sure they did it last week and drove for a TD.  Does not seem to be working out quite so well this time.

Yeah the raven’s stuffed it but I like showing the QB trust 

CJ Stroud, man why couldn't the Jets luck their way into CJ Stroud? The team with the #1 takes the wrong guy. You end up with the most amazing QB.

Interesting to see what happens when the O\C moves on. Sucks for them, you would like at least two years together. But the league is always looking for immediate results.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

CJ Stroud, man why couldn't the Jets luck their way into CJ Stroud? The team with the #1 takes the wrong guy. You end up with the most amazing QB.

Interesting to see what happens when the O\C moves on. Sucks for them, you would like at least two years together. But the league is always looking for immediate results.

Come on man we did!

Jag Trevor Lawrence #1

Zach Franchise #2!

• Haha 1