Russini and Rosenblatt: 2023 Jets a dysfunctional mess; Saleh paranoid, Hackett lazy, Zach a tittybaby

7 hours ago, football guy said:

False 

My impression (and tell me what you think of it) is that in order to entice AR8, the Jets did everything they could that they thought would get him to agree to accept a trade here.

And even if that's not the case, there's clearly something up considering we've brought in way too many of his guys.

• Upvote 1

Let’s say something is up and they fire saleh

who is coming here? No chance in hell vrabel, Carroll or bellichek even take a call

so if they ever did and following the jet model may I introduce Brandon Staley as your new hc of the jets

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Let’s say something is up and they fire saleh

who is coming here? No chance in hell vrabel, Carroll or bellichek even take a call

so if they ever did and following the jet model may I introduce Brandon Staley as your new hc of the jets

Woody will say **** it and let the players coach themselves in the name of innovation.   

and also to save money.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I mean after week 2 it was clear to anyone with eyes he still could not play. And having Boyle behind him while keeping Simien (who was better than both) away from the team. Flacco reached out: Wentz reached out. Flat out nonsense. Woody brought back Wilson after last year for reasons that continue to get more and more obvious.  

But week 4 he outplayed Patrick Mahomes.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You’re like 1 of 2 people on this board that can say this and I can believe that A. Said page exists and B. It’s something you follow actively. 

I’ve never seen someone so thirsty for an invite code in all my years. 

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Newsy autopsy of the 2023 season. A lot of these storylines were predictable and transparent, but it’s good to see them confirmed. Some highlights:

—Hackett was lazy as sh*t, didn’t watch a lot of film, didn’t communicate with his offensive staff, and only took advice from Aaron Rodgers on in-game adjustments.

—Rodgers abandoned Zach halfway through the season. Zach thought he’d have a “direct line” to Rodgers, but it ended up not being the case. Zach and Rodgers weren’t talking toward the end when the whole “reluctant to play again” thing came down. 

—Zach was embittered by Hackett and Saleh constantly slurping Rodgers’ nuts and treating Zach like a side chick until Rodgers was supposedly going to return. 

—Woody was being influenced by fan and media criticism of the team he read on Twitter and would confront Saleh with it. (lolololol)

—Saleh is portrayed as a true bitch in this article—blamed Zach for everything going wrong, saying that getting to 8 wins with Zach would “be a miracle.” Was obsessively paranoid about being fired and wanted Rodgers and Johnson to endorse him for the 2024 season. Most hilariously, Saleh confronted his offensive coaches about the “reluctant to play” Zach leak, and was apparently laughed out of the room:

IMG_4907.jpeg

Fire everyone

Get a GM and HC who are willing to do whatever it takes to get Daniels.

**** Rodgers if he doesn’t like it he won’t be here to see this all burn to the ground in 12-24 months.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I do like Vrabel a little more than Saleh but he's no Belichick or Shanahan like people are making him to be, if we're going to blow this thing up like that why not bring the best gameday coach of all time? You're looking for a SB run who are you most confident that can get you there BB, Vrabel or Saleh?

If BB would agree to come to the Jets, I'd absolutely take him.  I can't imagine he would though.

• Ugh 2

4 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

If Woody is still involved in personnel matters, it’s no surprise that a true program building type head coach refuses to come here. 

Isn't Woody supposedly responsible for us drafting Sauce over Ikwonu (sp) ?

Didn't read the article, frankly considering the source i have no interest. I actually don't see why anyone is getting worked up, we know who will be here in 2024 and who wont, and we know that winning cures all. So sit back and let them cook....you'll have all offseason next year to sh*t on these guys if they stink.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

After watching change after change the last 15 years I prefer a little patience.

One more year with this FO isn't going to hurt as much as changing and restarting everything again.  Give Rodgers one year to win it all.

If he doesn't, then they can make the move.  Blowing it up now gives us no chance for the next 3-5 years again.  

It doesn't even feel remotely realistic to me that the Jets can win the SB next year.  I guess anything is possible in the NFL though (as we saw with Cincy in Joe Burrow's 2nd year).

42 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My impression (and tell me what you think of it) is that in order to entice AR8, the Jets did everything they could that they thought would get him to agree to accept a trade here.

And even if that's not the case, there's clearly something up considering we've brought in way too many of his guys.

Happy Don Rickles GIF

2 hours ago, Pac said:

The article is Bravo channelesque tripe that has no bearing on the situation.

Saleh and JD are entering a lame duck make or break year.  If they lose again, everyone is getting fired.  If they win, which is my expectation, they will be shoving receipts up a whole bunch of asses.

While I find the article frivolous, I'm happy it came out.  I'm going to be glued to the TV for every minute of the ARod Revenge Tour en route to his 5th MVP.  He's going to leave the haters no choice but to curtsy to his greatness.

Is there any way we can get the winning and the ARod revenge tour, while still firing Saleh?

41 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Saleh = a HC who is looking for excuses

Like a lot of people who feel their job is in jeopardy he went looking for a defense to justify employment. Pushing too hard on the head coaches lose without a HOF QB contention sounds a lot like the head coach isn't all that important so why pay so much for somebody who does so little.

3 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Like a lot of people who feel their job is in jeopardy he went looking for a defense to justify employment. Pushing too hard on the head coaches lose without a HOF QB contention sounds a lot like the head coach isn't all that important so why pay so much for somebody who does so little.

Didn’t Saleh read that list at a presser this year? Wild in retrospect, especially considering they were still trying to pretend Zach was good.