Aaron Rodgers

I don't think we are a Super Bowl team this year....might be if we nail the free agency + draft this and next year with 2025 being our year.

I have no problem with Rodgers and am hopeful but while we are in an all-in mode, I just hope we don't mortgage our future with terrible contracts and signings. We have a very good foundation of talent and if we can make the playoffs in 2024 + 2025 and find our QB post-Rodgers then I think we could be a good position for a long time....granted we also get a new head coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

The fact remains that Turner, Cobb, Lazard, and Boyle aren't on the roster if Aaron Rodgers isn't the QB. That's 8% of the roster that was taken up so that one player could feel comfortable.

Had we received ANY production from those four, I'd argue that it'd be worth the cost. But those players, combined, saw 1205 snaps in 2023, and produced nothing. Just by being on the field and taking up snaps, they hurt the team with negative production. It's one thing if they were mediocre or just below league average -- it's another when they're playing terribly and taking up a roster spot from someone who can produce.

This dysfunction is not Aaron Rodgers' fault because, to your point, he's not the GM. If a child is driving a car and crashes, you don't blame the child - you blame the parent who threw them the keys.

The Jets are a dumpster fire of hot garbage and it starts with ownership and emanates down to management and the entire organization. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I don't think we are a Super Bowl team this year....might be if we nail the free agency + draft this and next year with 2025 being our year.

I have no problem with Rodgers and am hopeful but while we are in an all-in mode, I just hope we don't mortgage our future with terrible contracts and signings. We have a very good foundation of talent and if we can make the playoffs in 2024 + 2025 and find our QB post-Rodgers then I think we could be a good position for a long time....granted we also get a new head coach.

Saleh has dealt with a lot of crap since coming here . His expertise on the defensive side of the ball was turned around pretty quickly. He really has had no offense to speak of and Im not sure who is responsible for the extended starts of Zach Wilson the past few years but Im finding it harder and harder to believe that was 100 % Saleh. Recognizing Zach was not going to be the guy after 2 years of basically trash the Move was to go and get a HOF QB and everything seemed well in place until Rodgers tore his achillies and the OL fell apart before our eyes. Saleh just like most Jets coaches that has solid teams behind them got dealt a pretty sh*tty hand. This year will be the test. If Rodgers and the team stay healthy there should be Zero excuse for Saleh he has to make the playoffs, keep up the great play of the defense, seriously contend for the division title and win some playoff games getting there should not be enough,

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I keep reading all this ridiculous criticism from people on this board about Rodgers and its really some of the stupidest sh*t I have ever read. 

The guy comes here as a HOF QB Shows up for Rookie Camp, shows up for OTA's Takes a huge pay cut and does nothing but stay positive since he's been here yet Jets fans 

blame him for last years debacle ? Sure you may blame him for bringing in a few players he felt could help the team like Cobb but Its obvious Cobb 

while now pretty much washed up was here to change a culture and basically be a player coach to help with the transition. Yes you can make the argument 

he was taking up an important roster spot, since they are all Important, but some players and coaches value what some of these older players bring and felt it 

would help our young roster. I tend to agree with that philosophy. When it comes to Lazard the Jets signed him way before Aaron was signed, sure they figured 

It might lure in the HOF QB, no one expected him to suck so bad but he did. So we get a guy this year in FA move Lazard accordingly and see if things change 

this upcoming season and we have to hope they do. Turner was not brought in here to start he was a body brought in not expecting the entire line to get hurt

forcing him into a starting role. Not one single team in this league could have succeeded with what the Jets dealt with this year not even KC or SF so get over it.

When it comes to the garbage narrative of Rodgers running the team, that's also pure nonsense. Do the Jets value Rodgers opinion ? I'm sure they do. I'm sure anyone with a 

Brain should work with a QB who has been in this game his entire life and actually played at the highest level in this leagues history for 20+ years. But none of that is good enough 

for Jets fans they must find fault in everything because the guys foot got stuck in the sh*tty turf at Metlife and lost the season. 

If Jets fans should cry about anything they should be crying about the dumb luck this franchise has endured for the last 54 years.

Its time to be positive. Constant negativity by such a large amount of people will continue to bring nothing but negativity. I'm a big believer that large scale 

thoughts (positive or negative) do effect things in life and I do believe this franchise is 100% effected by it. It blows my mind how a guy can come in here and try to 

be positive and get nothing but negative in return. That's a huge let down . If you're a true Jets fan you can help change the culture as well.

Yes, what happen was just about the worse case scenario. Yes, Rodgers gets a lot of negativity by association. Yet, at the end of the day I really have a hard time believing next year will be any better and very little of that is tied to Rodgers directly.  It could very well go better or even well next year but it seems like so many things have to go right and that never seem to go right for this slap dick franchise. It's very possible the worst thing Aaron Rodgers did was pick to finish up his career here with the Bad News Jets!

My fundamental annoyance with Rodgers is his “keep the focus on football” stuff while he feuds with a late night talk show host over conspiracy theories.

Practice what you preach, stop talking out of both sides of your mouth.

The injury sucks but is a fluke thing and isn’t on him. I hope and pray he can still play.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

The fact remains that Turner, Cobb, Lazard, and Boyle aren't on the roster if Aaron Rodgers isn't the QB. That's 8% of the roster that was taken up so that one player could feel comfortable.

Had we received ANY production from those four, I'd argue that it'd be worth the cost. But those players, combined, saw 1205 snaps in 2023, and produced nothing. Just by being on the field and taking up snaps, they hurt the team with negative production. It's one thing if they were mediocre or just below league average -- it's another when they're playing terribly and taking up a roster spot from someone who can produce.

This dysfunction is not Aaron Rodgers' fault because, to your point, he's not the GM. If a child is driving a car and crashes, you don't blame the child - you blame the parent who threw them the keys.

The Jets are a dumpster fire of hot garbage and it starts with ownership and emanates down to management and the entire organization. 

I feel ya bud I really do but now we have to move forward. Plenty of fixes for this roster in both FA and the draft is we solidify the OL and get a good WR in a FA period loaded with them we should have no choice as fans to move forward with a positive attitude. Yeah Yeah I know we have done this numerous times 1982, 1986, basically the entire decade of the 80's was lost because we had a sh*t head coach in Joe Walton with a incredibly talented roster then 1998, 1999, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010 . Lots to process but as a fan we have to go into the season positive or else what's the point of being a fan at all ?

15 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Once the year went the way it did, it was obvious that everyone was going to be a target around here.  Rodgers included.  Even our Pro Bowlers took some sh*t.  Sauce for not having any INTs, Quinnen for his sack total.  All it'll take for AR to shut people up is to deliver on the field.  Simple as that.

...and yeah the whole "Rodgers is the GM" thing is nice in theory until you remember we spent our 1st rounder last year on a developmental edge rusher.  Maybe that just wasn't Rodgers' department of the front office though...

this is it. between the jets underperforming and zach wilson being bad....the pitchforks were always going to be out. i actually love it....because we are going to fly under the radar with a better team next year, and i dont think Rodgers or anyone on the jets is crying in the fetal position over this bullsh*t being put out there by the media and dumb fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I disagree about Lazard. He was going by to be a Jet regardless of whether Rodgers was here or not. He was considered one of the best available receivers in a poor FA market. I don't blame Rodgers for the Jets signing him.
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes, what happen was just about the worse case scenario. Yes, Rodgers gets a lot of negativity by association. Yet, at the end of the day I really have a hard time believing next year will be any better and very little of that is tied to Rodgers directly.  It could very well go better or even well next year but it seems like so many things have to go right and that never seem to go right for this slap dick franchise. It's very possible the worst thing Aaron Rodgers did was pick to finish up his career here with the Bad News Jets!

Crush if we get solid proven FA's (WR, OL) draft a really good LT that all pass the Crush love litmus test I know you will be positive because you're a Jets fan to the core and you know it. Luckily there are a ton of good proven WR's available as well as OL and we have what Ive heard to be pretty good cap space. This is all doable and I think JD will get it done. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, k-met57 said:

this is it. between the jets underperforming and zach wilson being bad....the pitchforks were always going to be out. i actually love it....because we are going to fly under the radar with a better team next year, and i dont think Rodgers or anyone on the jets is crying in the fetal position over this bullsh*t being put out there by the media and dumb fans.

I can definitely see this, actually.  Even healthy and with an improved OL going in, expectations will be tempered due to the uncertainty around Rodgers.  We won't have this microscope on us, which will be good.  I think the team will be hungry too, to show that their belief in themselves last year was justified, and they're not the SOJ.  I think this team will be out for blood tbh.  A pissed off Rodgers wanting to prove that he still has it could be a pretty dangerous thing.  

JD just needs to do his job and fill the holes.  After that, it's a matter of keeping this dude on the field.  If both of those things happen, at the very least next year should be an entertaining one.  

Just want to remind everyone rodgers came from a weaker division/conference, played with better teams and has one SB

He’s also 40 coming off a injury known to steal athletes talent, after a season where he also battled injuries and had a decline in play ( in GB )

Don’t piss on me leg and tell me that it’s raining, ty

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Saleh has dealt with a lot of crap since coming here . His expertise on the defensive side of the ball was turned around pretty quickly. He really has had no offense to speak of and Im not sure who is responsible for the extended starts of Zach Wilson the past few years but Im finding it harder and harder to believe that was 100 % Saleh. Recognizing Zach was not going to be the guy after 2 years of basically trash the Move was to go and get a HOF QB and everything seemed well in place until Rodgers tore his achillies and the OL fell apart before our eyes. Saleh just like most Jets coaches that has solid teams behind them got dealt a pretty sh*tty hand. This year will be the test. If Rodgers and the team stay healthy there should be Zero excuse for Saleh he has to make the playoffs, keep up the great play of the defense, seriously contend for the division title and win some playoff games getting there should not be enough,

Agreed, let's see how it plays out. I obviously prefer what Saleh is our long-term HC but I just don't see it. I hope that I am wrong but who knows. If Saleh is to survive then he needs to absolutely nail the OC hire post-Rodgers/Hackett.  He needs a pipeline of good offensive coaches and and OC who was formally a HC and not getting another shot (Reich) or someone who never wants to be a head coach.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

My fundamental annoyance with Rodgers is his “keep the focus on football” stuff while he feuds with a late night talk show host over conspiracy theories.

Practice what you preach, stop talking out of both sides of your mouth.

The injury sucks but is a fluke thing and isn’t on him. I hope and pray he can still play.

The argument he had with that Idiot talk show host (Kimmel) was 100% taken out of context by the media and Kinnel creating more controversy is what they do for a living. They create bullsh*t to gain more viewers. I watched all of that saga play out and it was nothing like they said it was. All Rodgers was doing was taking credit that a List would come out which Kimmel disagreed with . When the list did actually come out Rodgers was referring to that FACT, not that Kimmel was actually on the list. But Kimmel turned it into that for his own selfish bullsh*t reasons and I think at that stage Rodgers realized what he was dealing with and also realized he made a mistake even referring to it.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Agreed, let's see how it plays out. I obviously prefer what Saleh is our long-term HC but I just don't see it. I hope that I am wrong but who knows. If Saleh is to survive then he needs to absolutely nail the OC hire post-Rodgers/Hackett.  He needs a pipeline of good offensive coaches and and OC who was formally a HC and not getting another shot (Reich) or someone who never wants to be a head coach.

Yep . But FWIW I wanted Harbaugh 10 years ago and always wanted him here . I felt Woody (the guy who wants to win so bad ) should have opened the bank for him numerous times and he didn't . What makes it even more infuriating was that word was Woody Loved Harbaugh but the coach was not available. So WTF was Woody doing when he was ?

• Upvote 1

Fans don't change the culture ownership and management do.  Rodgers was moved out of Greenbay in large part because he was undermining  their long term culture of winning which he no longer was willing to adhere to.   The Jets were willing to accomodate his whims to interject himself into organizational decisions which is not his core competency.  Greenbay wasn't willing to do it anymore.  It simply wasn't working.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yeah I'm on the "short term signings" train as well.  Tyron Smith would be great.  Bakhtiari even.  I think no matter what any decent WR we sign will be a multi-year deal, but I think we can live with that as long as it's the only one.  Go draft Fuaga and keep your picks.  If things go wrong I want the new regime having all their ammo in the event they want to move up for a QB.

Gun to my head right now I'd say it'll be Bakhtiari, Ridley(but more than likely a lesser option like Samuel), and then Fuaga at 10.  Those will be the big additions.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Just want to remind everyone rodgers came from a weaker division/conference, played with better teams and has one SB

He’s also 40 coming off a injury known to steal athletes talent, after a season where he also battled injuries and had a decline in play ( in GB )

Don’t piss on me leg and tell me that it’s raining, ty

This is 100 % false. Green bay Routinely let players walk, there was about a 2 year window where Rodgers actually had a good enough team to win a SB and he won one and went to the NFCCG in the other and those were the years Green Bay had a defense . Rodgers always put up points in GB what they lacked they lacked at various times during his tenure there. I follow GB I always liked that team as a secondary team to root for in bad Jets years, and no, that GB team was lacking in a lot of areas. Rodgers carried that team on his back more often than not. Usually when you have a QB constantly carrying a team things don't end well in the playoff's vs superior caliber teams. Just ask Dan Marino, Peyton Manning,  guys who routinely carried teams and lost in the playoffs more often than not

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

22 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Wrong, they were not brought in to make Rodgers feel comfortable. They were brought in to help this team transition to the new offense. 

People want to dig so deep into the offensive issues last year but it’s so simple. The jets brought in an offensive coordinator who has proven to only be good with 1 qb. That qb, Rodgers got injured, and the decision to sell out on Rodgers didn’t work out. We were supposed to run an Aaron Rodgers offense, we never got to see it. Instead we saw QBs trying to run an offense where a huge part of the offense is making play calls at the line of scrimmage. The guys behind Rodgers couldn’t do that. The roster decisions never had a chance to pan out because we never got to use the system the team tried to implement. I’m not trying to debate weather the Aaron Rodgers decision was good or bad, I’m just saying that we never got the chance to see what the offense was supposed to be.

• Upvote 2

Just now, extmenace said:

The jets brought in an offensive coordinator who has proven to only be good with 1 qb.

That's not how offensive coordinators are supposed to work 

It's supposed to be a system 

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I’m not trying to debate weather the Aaron Rodgers decision was good or bad

Yes that would be unpleasant wouldn't it? 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Bullsh*t 

The Jets are terrible Rodgers is washed and saying these things out loud does not jinx the team 

Rodgers actually said the doubters are his motivation. 

Keep up the good work Bit.  Hopefully it will provide the fuel to make the Jets champs.  I'm all in on providing a ton of motivation.  I'm very dissapointed in all the toxic fans who feel the need to praise Rodgers and the Jets insuring they aren't motivated.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

That's not how offensive coordinators are supposed to work 

It's supposed to be a system 

Yes that would be unpleasant wouldn't it? 

Correct, but we sold out on Aaron Rodgers. When we did that, we had to also invest in the Aaron Rodgers system. That includes getting guys at key positions to help the position groups. Outside of Lazard, all the other guys were low cost signings. 

Aaron Rodgers got injured, the moment that happened, the plan never had a chance. 2024 will prove how good or bad this decision will be. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

No thanks 

So all those positive thoughts last year, I guess Aaron's Achilles tendon didn't get the memo? 

Jets fans were so positive last spring we were buying Jets to win the sb futures 

There's no corelation between positive thoughts and nfl success 

So I guess rather than the franchise being Terrible as you stated .... The real problem was because our QB got hurt ? 

We have a very good roster with a few holes that can be easily filled this offseason ...When that happens will you root for the team or continue on with negative bullsh*t :) 

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

Correct, but we sold out on Aaron Rodgers. When we did that, we had to also invest in the Aaron Rodgers system. That includes getting guys at key positions to help the position groups. Outside of Lazard, all the other guys were low cost signings. 

Aaron Rodgers got injured, the moment that happened, the plan never had a chance. 2024 will prove how good or bad this decision will be. 

Finally Common Sense

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Rodgers actually said the doubters are his motivation. 

Keep up the good work Bit.  Hopefully it will provide the fuel to make the Jets champs.  I'm all in on providing a ton of motivation.  I'm very dissapointed in all the toxic fans who feel the need to praise Rodgers and the Jets insuring they aren't motivated.

You're welcome 

Let me also add Zach wilson is the worst draft pick in Jets history and Aaron Rodgers is the worst trade in Jets history 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bitonti said:

You're welcome 

Let me also add Zach wilson is the worst draft pick in Jets history and Aaron Rodgers is the worst trade in Jets history 

I'm going to have my Grandmother crochet it into a framed motivational quote to hang on my office wall. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Wrong, they were not brought in to make Rodgers feel comfortable. They were brought in to help this team transition to the new offense. 

What are you actually disagreeing with? These two things are the same.

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So I guess rather than the franchise being Terrible as you stated .... The real problem was because our QB got hurt ? 

We have a very good roster with a few holes that can be easily filled this offseason ...When that happens will you root for the team or continue on with negative bullsh*t :) 

Let me remind you that Maxs board has an ignore feature you can put me on that list and remain blissfully hopeful all year long 

This is a third place in the afc east roster, they need to replace 3 of the 5 offensive linemen and Aaron Rodgers the most expensive player in franchise history is physically done 

This is not a good roster it's fatally flawed 

It's all over but the crying 

See you next offseason for the next rebuild 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1