Spectacular Bust potential- Caleb Williams

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah, he's a good kid. Humble and appreciative of life's opportunities, and aware of how many others face hardship in ther lives...

Meanwhile, there's a RB at the combine that was homeless as a kid, who already started a foundation for homeless children with his little bit of NIL money...

I hate every self absorbed 19 year old in America also. Don’t even get me started on the wealthy ones!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JETSxWRATH™ said:

Odds are that he will be bust, but it will likely have nothing to do with what most people hate on him for. I'll be rooting for him though, he could be an exciting player

all the off the field stuff aside

his footwork sucks

he's prone to fumbles

his time to throw is atrocious

he's a USC QB  

and he craves operating outside the system which is basically schoolyard hero ball 

It can work yes for one game here or there but it's no way to run an NFL system 

again it doesn't really matter because the Jets are not in the Caleb Williams business 

• Upvote 2

He could end up being Montana, Brady, and Elway rolled into one player and I still wouldn't want him.

If we somehow get him it will end my fandom.  

And I lived through the Bubby Brister and Troy Taylor days. 

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

his footwork sucks

he's prone to fumbles

he's a USC QB  

and he craves operating outside the system which is basically schoolyard hero ball 

again it doesn't really matter because the Jets are not in the Caleb Williams business 

This

He is so Zach like, Wilson is taller though.

Caleb said that he’s “Aaron rodgers height and weight” which is a complete lie, zach is rodgers height and Caleb is shorter.

Caleb looks to be around Mike Vick height imo 

• Upvote 1

I'm not an expert on the guy but in games I watched he had an uncanny ability to make plays in clutch situations and bring back his team to compete in close games. As for not on the field I thought he sometimes wasn't up to dealing with losing games at times he'd disappear after a close loss so not sure about his leadership ability. But doubtful he will be a bust. A good starting Qb to a star. 

On 3/2/2024 at 9:52 AM, Wit said:

Its almost comical how clearly Caleb Will be a bust. Teams should be running in the opposite direction. He is right that the combine and contacts in the NFL are horrible and changes should be made. That being said, some punk who was good in college is NOT that answer. Hes going to be an epic bust. I wouldn't be surprised if he drops like a rock. 

Been saying the same for a year.  That's why I expect a prospect like Alt, Bowers and MHJ to go somewhere in the top three.  This QB class is risky.  I'd wager that one of the top prospects will work out to be a nice player, but four of the first five QB's drafted this year will probably be out of the league when their rookie contract runs out, or they will be inked in as back-ups.  Caleb may wind up being so bad at the pro game, he wont even garner a backup role. 

39 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This

He is so Zach like, Wilson is taller though.

Caleb said that he’s “Aaron rodgers height and weight” which is a complete lie, zach is rodgers height and Caleb is shorter.

Caleb looks to be around Mike Vick height imo 

Rodgers plays taller than ZW.  He has a higher release point than ZW.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

That's why I expect a prospect like Alt, Bowers and MHJ to go somewhere in the top three. 

News flash we're closer to 4 qbs in the top 4 picks than the scenario you're describing 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

his footwork sucks

he's prone to fumbles

he's a USC QB  

It’s amazing guys on a message board are spotting all these faults, yet people who get paid to rate prospects on tv, and actual NFL GMs, coaches and scouts have him as the consensus #1 pick in the draft.

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

It’s amazing guys on a message board are spotting all these faults, yet people who get paid to rate prospects on tv, and actual NFL GMs, coaches and scouts have him as the consensus #1 pick in the draft.

Never underestimate how dumb the NFL teams are 

After all Zach went 2. How crazy is that? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

News flash we're closer to 4 qbs in the top 4 picks than the scenario you're describing 

Could be, but I doubt it.  We can compare notes after the first round.  I predict that either Alt, MHJ or Bowers goes in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd spot.  I really don't think we will see QB's going 1, 2, 3.   Alt, MHJ and Bowers all appear to be singular talents.  The QB's are risky, especially Caleb Williams.  If I was a new GM building an expansion team from the ground up and I had the 1st overall pick this year, it would be Alt without any doubt. 

Could be, but I doubt it.  We can compare notes after the first round.  I predict that either Alt, MHJ or Bowers goes in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd spot.  I really don't think we will see QB's going 1, 2, 3.   Alt, MHJ and Bowers all appear to be singular talents.  The QB's are risky, especially Caleb Williams.  If I was a new GM building an expansion team from the ground up and I had the 1st overall pick this year, it would be Alt without any doubt. 

I don’t know what will happen but I was surprised Trevor, Zach, and Lance went 1, 2, 3 and that SF gave up so much to get there 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, jetsfan56 said:

I don’t know what will happen but I was surprised Trevor, Zach, and Lance went 1, 2, 3 and that SF gave up so much to get there 🤷‍♂️

I wanted Trevor for the Jets.  I had ZW on my Do Not Draft List.  Lace was so far off my radar, I didn't know how to evaluate him.

This year, the only QB I like is JJ.  And he may not even work out.  I rate him as mid to late 1st round.  Not even close to a top five pick.  

I know QB is everything, but that does not mean a GM/Team should lose good sense when drafting.  Alt, MHJ and Bowers are the most valuable players in the draft.  I'd go for any of them over the QB's that are available, even if my team needed a QB.  Why waste a pick on a dud ???

• Sympathy 1

I wanted Trevor for the Jets.  I had ZW on my Do Not Draft List.  Lace was so far off my radar, I didn't know how to evaluate him.
This year, the only QB I like is JJ.  And he may not even work out.  I rate him as mid to late 1st round.  Not even close to a top five pick.  
I know QB is everything, but that does not mean a GM/Team should lose good sense when drafting.  Alt, MHJ and Bowers are the most valuable players in the draft.  I'd go for any of them over the QB's that are available, even if my team needed a QB.  Why waste a pick on a dud ???

What’s funny about lance is that he is still off the radar and hard to evaluate.

• Upvote 1

On 3/2/2024 at 3:39 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

The cockamamie theories the lot of you usually come up with aside, declining medicals actually is a legit non-starter.   

I kind of don't disagree.....the thing is, the 8 teams that's meeting with him, that's in range to draft him, will receive his medicals....

He's telling teams that don't have any chance to draft him to piss off.....it's unprecedented, rubs ppl the wrong way, but won't hurt him as much as twitter would like you to believe

On 3/2/2024 at 1:07 PM, Green Ghost said:

Becoming the middle aged man opining on the attitude of “kids today” wasn’t how you thought your life would turn out, was it?

What is your deal? When did you slide into "argumentative POS guy on his porch" shoes here at JN

My job every day, in an organization of 20,000 is to check attitudes. You would be in my dog house lol.

Look, obviously you want to sleep with Caleb, i get it. He's your guy. So happy for you two... but "kids of today" and middle aged man opining -- that's like telling a mechanic - "you're just pissed they moved to fuel injection over carburetors..."  uh what?

Caleb sounds like an entitled diva. That's an observation immune to what age you are. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What is your deal? When did you slide into "argumentative POS guy on his porch" shoes here at JN

My job every day, in an organization of 20,000 is to check attitudes. You would be in my dog house lol.

Look, obviously you want to sleep with Caleb, i get it. He's your guy. So happy for you two... but "kids of today" and middle aged man opining -- that's like telling a mechanic - "you're just pissed they moved to fuel injection over carburetors..."  uh what?

Caleb sounds like an entitled diva. That's an observation immune to what age you are. 

You waited 3 days to post this, and you’re calling ME argumentative? I honestly had to go back to see what you’re talking about.

Then I found it… I made a joking response to your post on Saturday, you responded, and that was the end of it, or so I thought.. but now you’re all wound up again on Tuesday afternoon about it? Seriously?

BTW if you go back and look, I said twice I’m not a fan of the guy, I just disagree with the logic you and a few others are using to label him a bust. Sorry that upsets you.

Congrats on the job btw. Now get back to work! 😉

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

You waited 3 days to post this, and you’re calling ME argumentative? I honestly had to go back to see what you’re talking about.

Then I found it… I made a joking response to your post on Saturday, you responded, and that was the end of it, or so I thought.. but now you’re all wound up again on Tuesday afternoon about it? Seriously?

BTW if you go back and look, I said twice I’m not a fan of the guy, I just disagree with the logic you and a few others are using to label him a bust. Sorry that upsets you.

Congrats on the job btw. Now get back to work! 😉

lol i'm not going back and looking at sh*t. i don't live on this MB to orbit a thread, so I can swan dive on every post i disagree with. You've made your feelings on the criticisms re: Caleb - crystal clear. They're not without merit, but neither is QB1s with egos that curtail their careers.

If i was a GM, i'd be concerned. I'd be asking some tough questions in an interview... what does it look like when you're wrong... tell about time when you had to listen to someone to learn from a mistake... what do you feel you struggle with. No one's perfect...  If i smelt BS, i'd hard pass. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Williams will be pretty good, he is actually going to a team that is moving in the right direction.  The bears have assets and some good players, DJ Moore is maybe the most underrated WR in the NFL, the oline is not bad and cole kmet is a good TE target.  They also have pick 9 in the draft.

Where you go is often as important as who you are as an nfl QB prospect.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

lol i'm not going back and looking at sh*t. i don't live on this MB to orbit a thread, so I can swan dive on every post i disagree with. You've made your feelings on the criticisms re: Caleb - crystal clear. They're not without merit, but neither is QB1s with egos that curtail their careers.

If i was a GM, i'd be concerned. I'd be asking some tough questions in an interview... what does it look like when you're wrong... tell about time when you had to listen to someone to learn from a mistake... what do you feel you struggle with. No one's perfect...  If i smelt BS, i'd hard pass. 

No Way What GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

44 minutes ago, Paradis said:

translation: don't bother holding out for a real conversation with you. Only e-flexing. 

Got it. 

This isn’t how someone has a conversation, it’s you acting like a child because someone disagreed with your reasoning why a 20yo kid will be a bust in the NFL. (step back and think for a minute and think about how sad it is that a grown man would think that is something worth carrying a grudge about for 3 days.)
Let’s get something straight… For some reason you chose to come at me out of the blue today with stupid sh*t like “you want to sleep with Caleb…”

I mean, what are you? 12 years old? And now you’re upset that I came back at you.?  Get out with that nonsense. It’s weak, really weak.

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

This isn’t how someone has a conversation, it’s you acting like a child because someone disagreed with your reasoning why a 20yo kid will be a bust in the NFL. (step back and think for a minute how sad it is that you’d think something like that is worth carrying a grudge about for 3 days.)
Let’s get something straight… For some reason you chose to come at me out of the blue today like your opinion is the only one that matters with stupid sh*t like “you want to sleep with Caleb…” I mean, what are you? 12 years old? GTFOH now with acting upset that I came back at you. That’s weak, really weak.

lol fck off. Stewing for 3 days? Right.., Or, I got a kids and life. I only remembered because i came back to this thread and saw your 47 replies to everyone. 

What you have quoted above ^^ is when someone finally says:

OK... stop the bus. Wtf is your deal? ...like what's up? What are you being obtuse? Its clear there's case for concerns. Don't agree? Great, but stop acting like this sh*t is made up

I'm sorry you don't have a better grasp on accountability

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol fck off. Stewing for 3 days? Right.., Or, I got a kids and life. I only remembered because i came back to this thread and saw your 47 replies to everyone. 

What you have quoted above ^^ is when someone finally says:

OK... stop the bus. Wtf is your deal? ...like what's up? What are you being obtuse? Its clear there's case for concerns. Don't agree? Great, but stop acting like this sh*t is made up

I'm sorry you don't have a better grasp on accountability

Yeah, you’re the guy who’s coming off very well adjusted.

Pro tip… you know someone is flailing about like a flounder when they internet brag about having a job with 20,000 people under them and need to tell you  “I have kids and a life” 

Move on, Matt… you’re not the board Mel Kiper, and nobody really cares how you feel about Caleb Williams. You’re just another idiot who who roots for a lousy team same as the rest of us.

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah, you’re the guy who’s coming off very well adjusted.

Pro tip… you know someone is flailing about like a flounder when they internet brag about having a job with 20,000 people under them and need to tell you  “I have kids and a life” 

Move on, Matt… you’re not the board Mel Kiper, and nobody really cares how you feel about Caleb Williams. You’re just another idiot who who roots for a lousy team same as the rest of us.

Again, Anything except  accountability.  

“you been stewing on this for 3 days!”

”uh no, I have a family and this is the fist time I’m coming back to this”

”oooh Mr big shot who needs talk about his life”

riiiiiiiiiight.  

Redirect. Redirect. Redirect. 

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Again, Anything except  accountability.  

“you been stewing on this for 3 days!”

”uh no, I have a family and this is the fist time I’m coming back to this”

”oooh Mr big shot who needs talk about his life”

riiiiiiiiiight.  

Redirect. Redirect. Redirect. 

Okay, you’re right. The NFL and every scouting service that has Caleb Williams going #1 is wrong… he’s going to be a bust because of his ego, and what was the other thing? Small hands? 
Feel better now? 
(btw if you really want to come off like the board wannabe Mel Kiper you should say every QB who gets drafted will bust. Odds are you’ll be right about that too)

14 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Okay, you’re right. The NFL and every scouting service that has Caleb Williams going #1 is wrong… he’s going to be a bust because of his ego, and what was the other thing? Small hands? 

lol dude i don't know what you're on about. All i said was, I have a problem with his attitude. I see pain on the horizon for a GM/HC. I would pass on drafting without some kind sense that there's humility hiding behind all this BS bravado he's spitting. 

That's it. 

Imagine being the Bears GM and coach and scrolling this today-

who the **** wants to deal with this sh*t? Especially after you just had to deal with this with Fields. How it’s actually your fault he’s a bust?

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Imagine being the Bears GM and coach and scrolling this today-

who the **** wants to deal with this sh*t? Especially after you just had to deal with this with Fields. How it’s actually your fault he’s a bust?

Wow, that’s some clip. I doubt he’s as good as Clark is saying, but man…  talk about putting your rep on the line? He’s really impressed by the kid.